• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I never watched a single movie or anything about Harry Potter but apparently Osha is in there. I bet all the kiddies wanting to see her naked in those films got their wish in GoT.

Yeah she was Tonk's in potter, some auror I think that fights death eaters

She's pretty hot

EDIT: I fucking hate iPads autocorrect bs, about to turn it off

Wow, never noticed she played Tonks until you guys mentioned it. She did look more unique in Harry Potter due to changing hair colors.

Filch, the janitor guy plays the head of the Fray's in the first season too.

Ifrit

tumblr_m3n9uyKztO1qzfou5o1_r3_250.gif

Reversed, now someone put some glases in the lady on the corner and we'll have a brand new Deal with it gif

NziYm.gif

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Cool. Well we know shit goes down in
episode 9
(they seem to like The Wire structure of having the final episode as a denouement more than anything) so I imagine it'll be amazing

It was spoilered for a reason.

Hey folks, just a reminder that regular tv thread rules apply here. If it hasn't aired yet, it should be in spoiler tags. Full rules are in the OP including:
- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.

Cipherr

The wildling chick or whatever is hot as hell. I dunno why I always expected them to have a much rougher look than that. First thing I thought when they caught her was "Why the hell is she so hot?" It sort of drew me out of the show a bit.

moojito

Yip, a wildling girl with such perfect teeth sure isn't for the chopping block any time soon.

Also, a few episodes ago you saw Theon burning the warning letter he wrote to Robb. It was him sitting at a table and the shot was entirely black with just him illuminated by the light from the burning piece of paper. That was really well done.

Also, a few episodes ago you saw Theon burning the warning letter he wrote to Robb. It was him sitting at a table and the shot was entirely black with just him illuminated by the light from the burning piece of paper. That was really well done.

There was a scene like that in Deadwood that I watched last night. Two dudes talking with the dead black of night behind them.

That is also a badass HBO show some of you might enjoy.

iNvid02

couldn't get into deadwood at all, but then it took me 3 attempts to finally get into mad men

I might try and start watching later on

iNvid02

nah this was one of those shows which just clicked for me, immediately

several shows have done that in the past like fringe, but I stopped watching
eventually, I don't think that is gonna happen with game of thrones

JGS

Banned
The wildling chick or whatever is hot as hell. I dunno why I always expected them to have a much rougher look than that. First thing I thought when they caught her was "Why the hell is she so hot?" It sort of drew me out of the show a bit.
The show does a great job of making us biased about the unknown. The people North of The Wall cannot be as bad as most of the people in the South.

The people in The South don't view people up north but south of the Wall favorably either. This stretches to individuals too. Jon is always talked down on but it as noble as his dad (& stupid lol). Same for Baratheon's kid.

Revolver

Osha kills Theon -> Theon's men kill everyone in Winterfell the next morning.

I don't get why she slept with him either, but I assume it's what allowed her to sneak out and take the boys. They don't really do a good job of explaining that.

I know if she'd killed him the consequences would have been bad. But with her I'm never sure how crazy and savage she really is. Then she proceeded to kill the guard before smuggling Bran out of the castle. I feel like I missed something during that whole exchange. Maybe she was just trying to get pregnant or she has some serious VD she wanted to give Theon.

Violet_0

Banned
seducing Theon was probably just part of her escape plan, but it doesn't really make much sense the way it's done in the show

Enosh

BTW, I forgot to mention that the revolt at King's Landing was really well done. When I saw the trailers before the premiere (then we only knew about some situation involving Cersei getting booed) it looked like it was going to be super low budget, with just a few extras and lots of shaky cam to make it look bigger and more dramatic, but it didn't feel cheap at all.
a question about that
did it die down already?
because when sansa was with her new handmaiden everything seemed quiet

Violet_0

Banned
a question about that
did it die down already?
because when sansa was with her new handmaiden everything seemed quiet

they were inside the castle walls then, far removed from the streets and the revolting townsfolk.

"Power resides where men believe it resides" - Joffrey is done for

SyNapSe

seducing Theon was probably just part of her escape plan, but it doesn't really make much sense the way it's done in the show

Was that the same guard that was in the room when she started to strip in front of Theon? When she came out the door she told the guard that Theon had told her to make the rounds. That's how she was able to get close to the guard. dunno for sure

iNvid02

at first i thought

"NOO JON BITCH GOT SOME WILDLING SHIT INSIDE HER COAT OR VAGINA"

but then i just laughed for the rest of the scene

this show keeps me on edge, especially that episode, and im always prepared for the worst

Chances of Arya using her last 'wish' on Littlefinger if he discloses to her he's onto her?

I'm sure he figured her out but I don't know if she knows he did.
She has so many big targets she could hit, but I can't imagine any major characters getting killed as a result.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I still really love this show, but not having read the books it's impossible to follow. Very frustrating.
This episode really upset me last night. It was very good and very engaging but put me in a bad mood.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Holy Shit.

o_O

EDIt: half the problem is keeping all the names straight. A name gets dropped every so often and I'll have no idea who it is.

agreed, that's kinda why i'm thankful for this thread, because its great to learn about things like this that I should have spotted, or even to see some bits I have spotted that others havent! (ie the mountain in s2!)

J-Rod

I got the impression that littlefinger did notice aryia. If the long glance wasn't enough, he announced rather loudly something about "discussing the stark daughters". I don't think it was meant to be ambiguous.

That guy dropping dead at tywins door was a funny scene.

Some of you have me worried about snow. He is one of the few characters I don't worry about dieing every episode. Like the dragon lady, I don't see them killing him off at least not without introducing a new character to pass that side of the story onto. He is the only protagonist carrying the story of what's happening north of the wall, like she is about what's going on across the ocean. I agree it has been nothing but build up for the past season and a half with nothing coming to a head. I'm rootin for snow though. He is one of the few characters that still have a heart.

They had the exact conversation I was wishing for with the wolf. It sucks that he sort of deserted him though. I speculated that ghost would maybe be the most badass despite being the runt since it was snow that spoke up and saved them and because his was unique because it is white or maybe albino. I expect him or aryia's to show up again eventually.

I see no redemption for theon. It seems they have been pounding that in. First with the
baptism then that guy's last words which were delivered like a omen. I don't think he is going go down quick though, either. I sort of doubt the success of the coupe by that guy's bastard because of Osha's prophecy.

So much tense drama this episode.

JGS

Banned
Some of you have me worried about snow. He is one of the few characters I don't worry about dieing every episode. Like the dragon lady, I don't see them killing him off at least not without introducing a new character to pass that side of the story onto. He is the only protagonist carrying the story of what's happening north of the wall, like she is about what's going on across the ocean. I agree it has been nothing but build up for the past season and a half with nothing coming to a head. I'm rootin for snow though. He is one of the few characters that still have a heart.
Agreed. However, anything goes once the assumed conflict north of the Wall trickles down south.

They beat up on him so much (Not just the bastard thing, but also his overall imcompetence while trying to do the right thing), it would be a shame if they kill him now or soon.
I see no redemption for theon. It seems they have been pounding that in. First with the
baptism then that guy's last words which were delivered like a omen. I don't think he is going go down quick though, either. I sort of doubt the success of the coupe by that guy's bastard because of Osha's prophecy.

So much tense drama this episode.
To me, they made it pretty clear that he had turned at his baptism- that there was no turning back. plus being egged on by his sister clinched it. The extra clinch was when he chopped off dude's head at the request of his employee. He can only either advance to lord of Winterfell or die horribly and I hope it's the latter.

J-Rod

I wonder what will become of Snow. If he catches up with his company, it seems he is going to be in some deep trouble. He was left to execute her, then they both disappear. So when/if they find him and he is with her, alive, then how else could they react but be crazy pissed or even think him a traitor of sorts? The girl would obviously have to die also. That seems too mundane to justify this sidetrack to the story. Something else or some twist must come out of it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Holy Shit.

o_O

EDIt: half the problem is keeping all the names straight. A name gets dropped every so often and I'll have no idea who it is.

agreed, that's kinda why i'm thankful for this thread, because its great to learn about things like this that I should have spotted, or even to see some bits I have spotted that others havent! (ie the mountain in s2!)

The HBO viewer's guide is a helpful tool.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2/#!/guide/houses/

Don't worry, it doesn't spoil anything that hasn't already happened in the show.

Raist

Banned
Looking at this character tree, something suddenly struck me.

In french, varice (pronounced exactly like Varys) means spider vein.
Coincidence? I think not :eek:

iNvid02

A witch put Khal Drogo in a comma?

are you caught up? you could get spoiled because this thread is OK for everything TV that has aired

to answer your question yeah I think so, she "saved" him like she promised but he is pretty much over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom