• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
are you caught up? you could get spoiled because this thread is OK for everything TV that has aired

to answer your question yeah I think so, she "saved" him like she promised but he is pretty much over

he's talking about the wording on the chart above. i can't believe i just tried to defend it.

Kinyou

I wonder what will become of Snow. If he catches up with his company, it seems he is going to be in some deep trouble. He was left to execute her, then they both disappear. So when/if they find him and he is with her, alive, then how else could they react but be crazy pissed or even think him a traitor of sorts? The girl would obviously have to die also. That seems too mundane to justify this sidetrack to the story. Something else or some twist must come out of it.
To be honest I thought it was kinda weird how quickly the others left Snow. It seemed quite obvious that he was reluctant to kill her, and considering that a single escaped Wildling could compromise their whole mission, it seemed like a weird risk to take.

Girl who's playing Ygritte is too pretty? Oh hell no, I'm not into that sharp knees face at all.

But at least we have Robb's girl to look at :3

iNvid02

they have been good with the casting, everyone looks just right
the women look good but not too good, could be the makeup though

Nizz

Quick question, anyone know if Doreah (the lighter skinned one of Dany's handmaidens) was seen at that massacre? I don't remember seeing her dead at that scene, nor do I remember if she was with Dany at the time.

iNvid02

I don't remember seeing her either, the Indian chick seems to be the only casualty

maybe she and jorah escaped, or if he did it maybe he took her hostage

defel

Which one's the hot one who taught Dany how to please Drogo in season 1? Goddamn, if she's dead, I'm going to Qarth myself to fuck their shit up.

She was the one who spoke English or "common tongue". I think the one who died was the one who only spoke Dothraki (if thats how its spelt). I need to watch that episode again at some point.

Pocks

Girl who's playing Ygritte is too pretty? Oh hell no, I'm not into that sharp knees face at all.

But at least we have Robb's girl to look at :3

I was quite pleased to see her return in this episode. She's the most attractive female to appear on the show thus far.

Although the one defel is talking about was a close second.

I was quite pleased to see her return in this episode. She's the most attractive female to appear on the show thus far.

Although the one defel is talking about was a close second.

I really don't find the nurse / potential miscreant for the Lannisters that attractive. Something far more appealing about the ginger wilding, for example.

But Rose Leslie has an upper-middle class English accent, my weakness (and I say that as someone with a very similar accent, it's underrated goddamnit!)

Magnus

I wish to share my 'show-only'-safe goods with you wonderful folk:

This week's recap/analysis/post:
http://www.omega-level.net/2012/05/09/this-week-on-game-of-thrones-the-old-gods-and-the-new/

An amazing parallel I only really began to realize as I was grabbing screens and editing:

206YgHead.jpg

206RCHead.jpg

The choice gifs/images I put together:

ibjVaoXIw1RPan.gif

iDjgxM17QrRoB.gif

inpIQhGwUD4c8.gif

ibismUtJRnCYRH.gif

ibqwDt2IIlMuPW.gif

i45HAeYMA5AhC.gif

Irri and Doreah are mixed up.

Neg, they're correct in that diagram.

Kinyou

I wish to share my 'show-only'-safe goods with you wonderful folk:

This week's recap/analysis/post:
http://www.omega-level.net/2012/05/09/this-week-on-game-of-thrones-the-old-gods-and-the-new/

An amazing parallel I only really began to realize as I was grabbing screens and editing:

206YgHead.jpg

206RCHead.jpg
Oh snap. All I could see was how similar it was to Ned Stark execution, but this is obviously what they had in mind when they made that episode. Both of them had trouble finding their place in the Stark family, yet they turned out so differently.

Lothar

Banned
I still really love this show, but not having read the books it's impossible to follow. Very frustrating.
This episode really upset me last night. It was very good and very engaging but put me in a bad mood.

What are you having trouble following?

Tip: Watch the Behind the Episodes feature right after each show. They should all be on youtube. The creators go into detail on characters motivations and feelings on 3 of the most important scenes every episode.

If you have On Demand with Cox Cable, clicking on any episode will give you both the episode and the Behind the Scenes feature.

Oh snap. All I could see was how similar it was to Ned Stark execution, but this is obviously what they had in mind when they made that episode. Both of them had trouble finding their place in the Stark family, yet they turned out so differently.

Of course one is a hot as fuck redhead girl and the other is a crusty old man that just spit in Theon's face. That's a little unfair.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What are you having trouble following?

Tip: Watch the Behind the Episodes feature right after each show. They should all be on youtube. The creators go into detail on characters motivations and feelings on 3 of the most important scenes every episode.

If you have On Demand with Cox Cable, clicking on any episode will give you both the episode and the Behind the Scenes feature.
Here's another tip: There's a list of people in the OP that will answer questions without spoiling things.

Kozak

Banned
I absolutely love the actress playing Cat. She has the poise of a real lady of the North yet she is profoundly motherly. That "oh you" look she gave Robb was one of the highlights of the episode.

Yeah one of the best actors in the show. She's played her role perfectly since the first episode.

edit:

I also kind of have a crush on her :3 <3

She was the one who spoke English or "common tongue". I think the one who died was the one who only spoke Dothraki (if thats how its spelt). I need to watch that episode again at some point.
The Dothraki maid, in the previous episode, seemed to show some negative feelings towards Daenerys, maybe even anger (when they were talking about the non-Dothraki dress). I wonder if it was a foreshadowing of a potential betrayal.

Also, Littlefinger either recognized Arya or is going to investigate the cup-bearer girl further. He's too much of an information maven to leave it be.

And Cat is one of my favorite characters. She's like a perfect example of how to write strong, independent women without making them annoying (and this is coming from a Skylar White defender).

206YgHead.jpg

206RCHead.jpg

Was I the only one thinking of Theon's messy execution when Ygritte said to Jon to strike her head off clean or she'll haunt him?

spirity

Was I the only one thinking of Theon's messy execution when Ygritte said to Jon to strike her head off clean or she'll haunt him?

As a slight aside, many many centuries ago when faced with the executioner, it was common practice to tip the guy with the axe to ensure a good job. If you didn't tip, or just didn't tip well enough, he could make sure the chop wasn't clean.

At the Tower of London, James Scott the Duke of Monmouth refused to tip the executioner. Big mistake. After 8 swings of his axe, Scott stopped whimpering and fell silent but his head was still attached. The job was finished because a knife was produced to make the final cut.

Again at the Tower, The Countess of Salisbury was struck 11 times before her head finally came off. This was really because the executioner was a n00b and his first strike missed her neck altogether, instead going deep into her shoulders. He had to chase her down in front of a gasping crowd. They got the price of admission that day.

If you were to ever doubt the things you see in GoT as being overly dramatic or unnecessarily cruel, forget it. The Middle Ages were far, far worse.

Yeah, actually that's what pissed me off most during that scene.
It was no clean kill like with Ned, the poor guy had to suffer greatly with Theon hacking away with his little sword, trying to get the head off.

Tacitus_

Yeah, actually that's what pissed me off most during that scene.
It was no clean kill like with Ned, the poor guy had to suffer greatly with Theon hacking away with his little sword, trying to get the head off.

Yeah, Theon should've used a sharp axe or a big twohander (or valyrian steel but that's a bit out of the question). Then again this again points out how out of his element Theon is.

Chuckie

At the Tower of London, James Scott the Duke of Monmouth refused to tip the executioner. Big mistake. After 8 swings of his axe, Scott stopped whimpering and fell silent but his head was still attached. The job was finished because a knife was produced to make the final cut.

Again at the Tower, The Countess of Salisbury was struck 11 times before her head finally came off. This was really because the executioner was a n00b and his first strike missed her neck altogether, instead going deep into her shoulders. He had to chase her down in front of a gasping crowd. They got the price of admission that day.

tumblr_m2n2q1N6JX1ru39odo1_500.jpg

JGS

Banned
I was also thinking how much more skill Jon had in holding the blade. I also remembered what Ned said about the significance of being the executioner.

JGS

Banned
I'm having a hard time trusting the Wilding girl. I keep having flashbacks to the witch Dany helped. Do we know if her family was just massacred before her eyes?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wish some YouTube cunt didn't spoil the entire Ygritte thing for me a few weeks ago. Fuck.

Everybody should use the herp-derp plugin. Removing the idiocy from YouTube makes the site a lot more enjoyable.

Balehead

Yeah this series seems to bring out the worst in people, but on top of that you can't even check the official youtube channel of GoT without getting slightly spoiled. Perfect example of that is the trailer for Season 1's DVD release. As for the comments, if the video opens in 480p then the comments aren't visible to me anyways without scrolling down, learned a lesson from watching a different show years ago when the comments ruined the whole ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom