• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enosh

you know I wonder
did they ever say what happened to neds brother? iirc he went north beyond the wall in season 1 and was never heard of again

and they said that the new wildlings king is a former crow, so it's possible that's him?

VanillaPMP

Neo Member
you know I wonder
did they ever say what happened to neds brother? iirc he went north beyond the wall in season 1 and was never heard of again

and they said that the new wildlings king is a former crow, so it's possible that's him?

No, Mance Rayder is a different person.

Amir0x

Banned
and we don't know what happened to Benjen Stark yet, it's one of the reasons the watch went North of the wall though among others

Shiloa

But only someone who has read the book would know for sure that he was not Ned's brother right? So whoever that was, stop it.

just rewatched the episode and while I KNOW they are the orphans, I realized that Theon really believes he got Bran... at first viewing I thought he knew it was not them either.

oh and I love the scene with the Queen and Ned's daughter... hinting what she confirms with Tyrion later that Jeoffry is a bastard in more ways than one. :D

Why would he think that? Osha and Hodor weren't made into examples either.

Jonm1010

Banned
He doesn't have kingship which is the only thing left. No one would follow the creepy dude, but at the same time he is a powerful ally to have. Black guy is wealthy, influential, & now very powerful if he gets the dragons too. I honestly think he is the best choice to protect Dany.

It kinda makes me wonder if Jorah is gonna end up biting it soon.

I feel like those two are gonna see him as an obstacle in the way of their goals.

Speevy

Banned
Theon and his men would have to be grade-A morons to burn their enemies without seeing them, then assume they're dead.

Nah, they sent Maester home because they knew he would reveal the Stark boys' escape and give the town hope.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
you know I wonder

But only someone who has read the book would know for sure that he was not Ned's brother right? So whoever that was, stop it.

You can use the HBO viewer guide to fill in details that won't spoil you.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2

Bejen Stark was clearly established as Ned's brother. He went on a ranging mission in episode 2 or 3 and then never came back. Only his horse came back.

As per the conversation with Craster in episode 11 or 12, Mance deserted the Night's Watch and declared himself King a while back.

On a separate note, the new viewers guide feature about Dany's journey is pretty neat.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2/#!/map/special/journey-of-daenerys/1/

JGS

Banned
just rewatched the episode and while I KNOW they are the orphans, I realized that Theon really believes he got Bran... at first viewing I thought he knew it was not them either.
Theon is stupid, but he's not stupid enough to kill the kids. I think it served at least one purpose - to get Winterfell to believe he killed their Little Lord. As a side benefit, it could be used to trick his family or men into believing he's a straight up Gangsta.

oh and I love the scene with the Queen and Ned's daughter... hinting what she confirms with Tyrion later that Jeoffry is a bastard in more ways than one. :D
What's just as interesting is that Jaime confessed to Cat the same thing or at least that he had a monogamous relationship with his sister. Makes me think that he thinks he'll be dead soon.

It kinda makes me wonder if Jorah is gonna end up biting it soon.

I feel like those two are gonna see him as an obstacle in the way of their goals.
I don't think they intend on hurting Khaleesi so I think he's safe as long as he keeps his mouth shut with all the "Don't trust them" stuff. On the other hand, they killed most everybody else that was with her.

Shiloa

You can use the HBO viewer guide to fill in details that won't spoil you.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2

Bejen Stark was clearly established as Ned's brother. He went on a ranging mission in episode 2 or 3 and then never came back. Only his horse came back.

As per the conversation with Craster in episode 11 or 12, Mance deserted the Night's Watch and declared himself King a while back.

On a separate note, the new viewers guide feature about Dany's journey is pretty neat.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season2/#!/map/special/journey-of-daenerys/1/

Thanks for filling me in.

Klocker

Oh shit I just realized why he would think that. They found the walnuts there and assumed they were hiding there so they burned the hay but it was the orphans instead.

Shieeeeet.

exactly... they find the walnuts, they send back the old man and say we found them (to each other) as they stand outside the barn. Cut away (easy to assume they burned without looking and maybe assumed they would burn them out of their hiding place or whatnot and charred remains emerge), otherwise they would still be hunting them down would they not?

Theon is stupid, but he's not stupid enough to kill the kids. I think it served at least one purpose - to get Winterfell to believe he killed their Little Lord. As a side benefit, it could be used to trick his family or men into believing he's a straight up Gangsta.

I thought that at first as well but Theon is acting irrationally ATM and the look of horror on his face may not just be that he just killed kids but Robb's little brother! (guilt)

exactly... they find the walnuts, they send back the old man and say we found them (to each other) as they stand outside the barn. Cut away (easy to assume they burned without looking and maybe assumed they would burn them out of their hiding place or whatnot and charred remains emerge), otherwise they would still be hunting them down would they not?

I think Theon knows it's not them. Otherwise wouldn't he find Osha, Hodor, the direwolves?

He'll probably still have people looking for them.

That scene plus the scene right before with Cat asking Brienne for her sword was what really got me going. "No Cat, don't do it!" I feel like she'll wound Jaime but I don't think she would outright kill him. At least I hope. Shit could really hit the fan if that were to happen though.

I'm not at all worried about her hurting him,
i'm worried that she'll use the sword to release him so he won't get lynched by the angry mob in the camp. I'm sure she would rather let him escape than risk her daughters' safety. If that happens it will really turn the morale among Robb's followers to shit though, which would probably put an end to his winning streak.

Nizz

I'm not at all worried about her hurting him,
i'm worried that she'll use the sword to release him so he won't get lynched by the angry mob in the camp. I'm sure she would rather let him escape than risk her daughters' safety. If that happens it will really turn the morale among Robb's followers to shit though, which would probably put an end to his winning streak.
I don't know if doing that would guarantee her daughters' safety though. As evil as Jaime seems to be I could see that backfiring on her.

JGS

Banned
I thought that at first as well but Theon is acting irrationally ATM and the look of horror on his face may not just be that he just killed kids but Robb's little brother! (guilt)
It could be guilt in that he just killed a couple of innocent kids for the purpose of a ploy.

It did look like for a second there that Tyrion was preparing to storm her castle, and Cersei was like "nah gates are open"

What? No way. He was going to try and comfort her, maybe hold her hand or something. Then they both realized they were not close enough to for that to play out nicely. They were not about to fuck. You guys are nuts.

Also, have we accepted that the actress who plays Danerys is clearly the worst actor in the series yet?

I couldn't tell if there was something like that going on or if it was just awkwardness that he was genuinely consoling his sister for the first time.

That's exactly what it was.

Amir0x

Banned
if it was just awkwardness that he was genuinely consoling his sister for the first time.

all kidding aside, that's definitely what I think it was. He seemed like he wanted to go there with consoling his sister but was just like 'is it worth the possible rejection' and just stared awkwardly instead

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No one else got the impression that Cersei and Tyrion were about to make a new king together?

What? No, not in the least. I think he wanted to hug her, or at least felt he should do something to console her, but couldn't make himself do it.

Daaaaaaaang last nights episode was awesome! So many intense moments. I'm glad Jamie was in the episode and damn he was being a bad ass. I can't wait to see what happens next week!

KarmaCow

Daaaaaaaang last nights episode was awesome! So many intense moments. I'm glad Jamie was in the episode and damn he was being a bad ass. I can't wait to see what happens next week!

Beating a kid to death, strangling another one and mouthing off like a prick is being bad ass?

Beating a kid to death, strangling another one and mouthing off like a prick is being bad ass?

There was just something awesome about him. He makes it seem like he's running things even though he's a prisoner. Plus when he was being dragged back he was just smiling in everyone's face.

Also I thought it was a cool way to escape. :-(

The Maester is a moron for believing those bodies are Bran and Rincon and Theon is an even bigger moron for faking their deaths. Now he's REALLY going to be fucked when the wolf shows up.

Even if it's not the Stark kids, it's still two little kids who have been butchered and burnt beyond recognition. What kind of face is he supposed to make?

Even if it's not the Stark kids, it's still two little kids who have been butchered and burnt beyond recognition. What kind of face is he supposed to make?

shaq-face.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom