• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balehead

Damn all these cliffhangers, was especially cruel with Jaime since he's been "gone" for so long already I was ready for a big blowout.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Going to re watch again tonight before I go to bed, Really enjoyed the conversation between arya and tywin, looking forward to that.

ALSO WE GOT ANSWERS ABOUT THE BROTHERHOOD!!!!!!!!

wildfire

Banned
So true. They are probably the best scenes in the show. She really shouldn't have said so much tonight, he knows something is up now.

Like the fact she isn't a commoner. She needs to work on her street slang.

Theon is truly lost. Burning some orphans just to prove how bad ass he is, is just ugh...

I was kidding. Although I loved the scene between Tyrion & Cercei. Very honest and very awkward.

"Sometimes when I look at him, he looks like Jaime...

....in a fashion."

Tyrion - *silent ahh*

I'm picturing some chamber where Daneyris can be ritually sacrificed and mummified alongside her dragons.

Atleast he is outwardly creepy to warn you. Xaro is completely untrustworthy.

Massa

Poort Tywin is losing it, for a moment there he thought Arya was trying to poison him when all the girl wanted to do was stab the back of his neck with a knife.

Very intrigued by his talk of Aegon changing the rules of battle and wanting to be remembered for hundreds of years like that.

Volimar

I'm not sure what Jamie is trying to do. Inciting a riot in Cat's camp serves what purpose?

I think he was trying to sow derision in the ranks against Cat and Robb for protecting the prisoner over the desires of the men for revenge. Robb has two big things going for him in this war. He's a good strategist and his men fight for him because they love him. If he succeeded in driving a wedge between them there, it may become a large problem for them later.

I think he was trying to sow derision in the ranks against Cat and Robb for protecting the prisoner over the desires of the men for revenge. Robb has two big things going for him in this war. He's a good strategist and his men fight for him because they love him. If he succeeded in driving a wedge between them there, it may become a large problem for them later.

"call it tactics not strategy, but yes.."

/tyrion

:p

Kaizer

Banned
Can someone remind me about the two orphan kids? For some reason my mind is completely blanking on this right now - I don't remember them at all.

Irish

You know, one of the main reasons I love this show so much is because of how visually interesting it is. It has this really unique visual style that combines this crazy, earthy grit with a very elaborate accentuation with all of the little details.

JGS

Banned
Bran offered the orphans to a farm who needed additional help.

The scene was a couple of weeks ago and the man said something along the lines of his wife always wanted kids.

Kozak

Banned
Yeah definitely the orphans and not Bran and Rickon.

Her names skipping my mind but the Wildling mentioned "you haven't seen me climb" to Rickon. I imagine they're hidden somewhere up.

edit:

Seems like Theon's men might be thinking of revolting against him. The looks he got this episode were nuts.

Volimar

Her names skipping my mind but the Wildling mentioned "you haven't seen me climb" to Rickon. I imagine they're hidden somewhere up.

edit:

Seems like Theon's men might be thinking of revolting against him. The looks he got this episode were nuts.

I don't know, his right hand man seemed to look at him like he was doing it right. Those guys respect that kind of shit. The rest of the north, however...

Balehead

It's just Theon playing the bad guy, he captured the two orphans to burn them and show his posse that he's a tough guy knowing the Stark kids would now make it to safety.

JB1981

Charles Dance is just killing his role.

The Lannisters have the two best characters in Tyrion and Tywin. I'm with Team Lannister. Was really terrible what Jamie did to that squire kid.

Moaradin

The sound effects are superb.

When Jaime did what he did to that squire... oh boy...

That was twisted as fuck. After that long as conversation about how the squire looked up to Jaime, then all of a sudden he murders him. Weren't they considered family? What did he even gain from murdering him since he just got caught right afterwards.

JGS

Banned
I like the amount of time spent on Khaleesi story as is. It's disconnected from the main story, but I like her charctaer and the fact that from the time of her brother's death to now, she is portrayed as a naive kid that is slowly learning she's out of her depth of experience.

Her story has ramped up considerably off of this episode. I don't see how she'll have much choice but to marry the guy and they are going to be fighting for the throne too. Good stuff.

I was just thinking that if she figures out a way to kill creepy dude, she could just rule Qarth now.

Nizz

I don't even know if it's not them after last seasons finale. Seeing the two bodies really hit me in the fucking gut.
Same here. My stomach turned when I saw those two children's burned bodies. I'm hoping it wasn't Bran and Rickon but reading people's posts here about the orphan children I'm thinking yes, there's a chance it's them.

Once more this show didn't disappoint. Those last couple of minutes, my heart was racing so fast. lol :) Whole time I'm saying "no Cat, don't do it!" Then that ending with the charred bodies. :(

Theon looked a bit remorseful (to me) as he turned around and looked at the bodies. It's too late now for him though. The scene with Tyrion and Cersei was a great one too. Cersei's frustration with the "monster" she created came across well. Tyrion's expressions were so good. He looked like he wanted to give his sister a hug at that moment.

I've really been enjoying the weekly conversations on the show between Arya and Tywin. Him being impressed with how knowledgeable she is. He even goes so far as to admit she reminds him of his own daughter. Going to be interesting to see what happens if he ever finds out who she really is.

Jon Snow is in a world of shit right now, damn! She's already gotten away from him twice but this second time he's really in trouble. She was trying hard to seduce him, I'll give her that.

Dany's plotline also took a turn for the weird. That undying priest(?) wiping out that spice trader and the rest of that council was brutal. For a moment I had a crazy thought that the eccentric woman who gave Jorah info about the dragons is the missing handmaiden Doreah. But that theory went out the door when I remembered Doreah was present at that party/gathering when Jorah first spoke with that mysterious woman.

That was twisted as fuck. After that long as conversation about how the squire looked up to Jaime, then all of a sudden he murders him. Weren't they considered family? What did he even gain from murdering him since he just got caught right afterwards.

It cements that he's a sociopath. Having no fear is not an admirable trait; bravery is action in spite of fear. Action without fear is terrifying to others. So is Jaime's callous disregard for the value of life.

Enosh

Tywin really is full of win
I wonder why he doesn't try to force arya to say who she really is but is just going along with her "I am the daughter of a stonemason" game, maybe he already knows she is a stark? idk

Jon Snow is a fucking idiot, that's all I can say about that whole plot

Just use Kelly C instead.

What have you done!?

Tywin really is full of win
I wonder why he doesn't try to force arya to say who she really is but is just going along with her "I am the daughter of a stonemason" game, maybe he already knows she is a stark? idk

He definitely knows more than he's letting on. I bet he knows she's still lying about her background, and I bet he knows she's royalty/nobility of some kind, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he knows she's a Stark.

He seems to appreciate smarts more than anything, so I bet that keeps him from digging too deep.

Makes sense.

edit:

The main guy seems entertained or amused by what Theon is doing. Still, if shit were to hit the fan I don't put it past him and the rest of the guys to leave Theon alone when his reckoning comes.

FStop7

Banned
Just use Kelly C instead.

300.clarkson.kelly.lc.102510.jpg

Balehead

Yeah, that's really the whole Beyond the Wall explained in one sentence. None of this would happen if he wasn't an incompetent idiot.

Sure, his mates weren't much better leaving him alone to execute the girl, what was the point of that? Surely it won't take fucking hours to chop her head off and continue, and it's not like them moving through the area has required any preparations either - they've been talking smack while walking around so the group would gain nothing from walking ahead of him. And now that he's stuck with her he can't even tie her hands behind her back, let alone hold on to the rope?

Depending on the initial chase, I'd imagine he could still find his way back to the place where they found the wildlings in the first place and wait for his buddies to come back for him. Surely they would notice he's gone missing and would probably head back there to see what's up.

It's just a bit hard to appreciate any of the events there since they are all caused by Jon's stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom