• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm in disbelief that those kids were actual Bran and Rickon.
Glad to see others think the same way lol.

Crazy thing is... even if those kids actually end up being the orphans... HOW FUCKED UP IS THEON? Burning kids to a crisp? Pretty vile, regardless on who they actually are.

Dude is going deeper and deeper the rabbit hole... that look on his face at the end was like "damn, how the hell did I become *this* shitty?"

Cobano

Neo Member
I think I hate Theon more than Joffrey, I want to see him burned. And that couldn't have been the Stark kids, yet that scene made me sick to my stomach.

Am I the only one who (pure speculation) sees the Jon Snow storyline going in a way where he will start to sympathize with the wildlings and go on to become the king north of the north.

JGS

Banned
It cements that he's a sociopath. Having no fear is not an admirable trait; bravery is action in spite of fear. Action without fear is terrifying to others. So is Jaime's callous disregard for the value of life.
That's what I loved about the scene (& actually about what he did to Bran after the fact).

Bravery has a dark side to it. They did this with The Hound too. Bravery means killing people to achieve your goal & it doesn't feel bad. I don't know if they're right but Hound in particular explained it well.

JB1981

I think I hate Theon more than Joffrey, I want to see him burned. And that couldn't have been the Stark kids, yet that scene made me sick to my stomach.

Am I the only one who (pure speculation) sees the Jon Snow storyline going in a way where he will start to sympathize with the wildlings and go on to become the king north of the north.

Yes I am thinking that is where the story will go as well.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Yeah, I'm in disbelief that those kids were actual Bran and Rickon.
Glad to see others think the same way lol.

Yeah, I haven't read the other posts, but I think this is his way of controlling the crowd by stating an example. If he didn't find them he'd look weak, so, since he didn't really find them, what better way to do this than to bring fear into their hearts? And yeah, you can really see the doubt all over his face, but he's already beyond saving.

The scene seriously fucked me up though. SO disturbing.

JGS

Banned
I don't think Jon would want the kingship unless Robb was a goner. I do think he will try to unite them all.

Yeah, I haven't read the other posts, but I think this is his way of controlling the crowd by stating an example. If he didn't find them he'd look weak, so, since he didn't really find them, what better way to do this than to bring fear into their hearts? And yeah, you can really see the doubt all over his face, but he's already beyond saving.

The scene seriously fucked me up though. SO disturbing.

Definitely.

Anyway, I feel like Tywin has to have some kind of clue who Arya is by now. Does he still think she's in King's Landing or something? Can't remember..

Raiden

Banned
The actor that portrays Jamie does it so incredibly awesome that its hard not to root for him. Along with King Joffrey he is the most despicable villain in the show, but you just want him to live.

Also im secretly hoping he'll turn awesome and good in the end, but im pretty sure thats not going to happen, not in this show.

I also agree that the scenes between Arya and the Lannister(i forget his name all the time) are pretty fucking awesome, and tense on an calm and controled way. Kid actors usually annoy the shit out of me, but they got some talent here.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics

I was thinking the same. The King of the True North. Good luck for an outsider to pull this off though. Knowing how this has been going so far, it wouldn't surprise me if he just dies pitifully. Just hope he gets some nookie out of it first.

JGS

Banned
Final cliffhanger was lame, so fucking obvious it isn't them. And no, I haven't read the books.
I honestly don't think they played it up to be them. They gave some pretty obvious clues eary on they weren't going to the farm, that the orphans were there, & that they were taking to the trees.

Further, it apeared that the plan all along was to torture the farmer's family and that no one else in the village would know they couldn't find the kids.

I guess he could be doing it for his folks too.

Final cliffhanger was lame, so fucking obvious it isn't them. And no, I haven't read the books.

I don't think it's lame. My interpretation of the scene is different from what everyone sees on face value. Yeah, Theon gets to make his great display and remind the folk what he's capable of, but actually seeing the charred bodies shocks him to the core. More than anything now, he's crossed a bridge and theres no turning back. Word will travel of what he 'appears' to have done and his head will be wanted on a platter.

The actor that portrays Jamie does it so incredibly awesome that its hard not to root for him. Along with King Joffrey he is the most despicable villain in the show, but you just want him to live.

Also im secretly hoping he'll turn awesome and good in the end, but im pretty sure thats not going to happen, not in this show.

I also agree that the scenes between Arya and the Lannister(i forget his name all the time) are pretty fucking awesome, and tense on an calm and controled way. Kid actors usually annoy the shit out of me, but they got some talent here.

Twyin. Every scene with Arya has been electric.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why is it obvious?

- The millions of hints pointing towards the orphans during the entire episode;
- The fact that they had no clue where Bran and Rickon where;
- How the hell did they get past the wolves off-screen?

Plus the stuff Grimm Fandango posted. The list goes on and on.

It's freaking ridiculously obvious. It blows my mind that some could think otherwise.

I did like the ending nonetheless, because it doesn't matter if those are or not them right now -
for all everyone in Winterfell knows, those are Bran and Rickon. And there'll be repercussions. Just look at the face Theon did in the end.

Enosh

I personally find the Khaleesi story line the least interesting one.
it's because her 10 mins per episode have fuck all to do with the rest of the show

the lanisters, starks etc are all connected, she is on a different continent doing her own thing that has no real relevance to the overall plot of the show, hell she isn't even mentioned when they go on about the many kings

Maffis

Was Alto a Lannister? If so, isn't Jaime also now a Kinslayer, a thing that even the gods curse upon? Funny how Catelyn called him a kingslayer still when a kinslayer is much worse in the eyes of the gods.

JGS

Banned
I get the feeling Jon Snow is going to go rogue.
It's too much like Theon's story although they were making comparison between the two of them.

There is no reason for Jon to go against The Wall or his family. Again, I could see him deciding to unite, but he's such a screw up right now, I don't know who would listen to him.

it's because her 10 mins per episode have fuck all to do with the rest of the show

the lanisters, starks etc are all connected, she is on a different continent doing her own thing that has no real relevance to the overall plot of the show, hell she isn't even mentioned when they go on about the many kings

I think it's mostly because she character is no longer developing. Her personal arc was the backbone of the first season. Now her and her story are stagnate. She has basically become of brother and they really any closer to anything she wants to do.

JGS

Banned
I think it's mostly because she character is no longer developing. Her personal arc was the backbone of the first season. Now her and her story are stagnate. She has basically become of brother and they really any closer to anything she wants to do.
I disagree. I think her story is the most interesting for the long term. As disconnected as she is from the Westoros stuff, she is the future of the series. She's the one I don't think anything will happen to.

Everything either foreshadows to the dragons and how scary they are or they show how far reaching the desire for the Iron Throne is.

So it all comes back to either the dragons or the Throne. Plus I think she keeps evolving too. She acted like a queen for all of a minute before being smacked down a few times.

Few reasons:

-all important story characters have died on screen
-Bran pointing out the orphan boys (two of them... how nice)
-Osha saying she's good at climbing (as someone said before, they are probably hiding in the trees somewhere)

For me the most obvious reason was that they are burned beyond recognition...

Though I'm not sure that was a smart move by Theon, might have "impressed" the already captured Winterfell-ers, but he lost now any bargain (bluff) when the army of that one guy's son will arrive. I would laugh if his sister won't even come for help.

Jaime is such a cold bastard. Actually killing the boy wasn't even necessary at all for his "master escape plan".
He didn't even come far and seems to try desperately to get killed by everyone (I guess he's too scared to just kill himself?).
I really hope Lady Stark cuts off parts of him (or just cuts the Achilles tendon so that he can't run).

Doesn't Arya feel bad btw that due to her some innocent (?) guys get hanged now?

Snow's actions are really stupid, everything seems to be constructed to somehow get him/the plot to the King of the Wildlings.

oh and I did not expect that the creepy guy actually uses some sort of magic.

IceCold

This episode was awesome. The way Jaime killed that squire was just cold bolded especially after you heard them talk for so long. Most of the different stories ended in a cliffhanger like manner as well so I'm really excited to see what happens to the different characters.

JGS

Banned
I'm confused, I thought the Wildlings were monsters? Didn't we get glimpses of them in S1 and they were all orc-like?
The best way to look at it is there are more than humans up North. So if they don't look like normal humans adapted for the conditions of being north of the Wall, they aren't Wildings. I could be wrong but that's all we have so far.

Ithil

I'm confused, I thought the Wildlings were monsters? Didn't we get glimpses of them in S1 and they were all orc-like?

Wildings are just people who live beyond the wall. White Walkers are the monsters, we've only seen two of them in very brief glimpses.

I disagree. I think her story is the most interesting for the long term. As disconnected as she is from the Westoros stuff, she is the future of the series. She's the one I don't think anything will happen to.

Everything either foreshadows to the dragons and how scary they are or they show how far reaching the desire for the Iron Throne is.

So it all comes back to either the dragons or the Throne. Plus I think she keeps evolving too. She acted like a queen for all of a minute before being smacked down a few times.
Maybe long term, but it sure isn't showing right now. If you just take it season by season I think her screen time isn't even close to season 1 right now. I don't know how much I feel that foreshadowing. It seems like they have a destination but no path to it right now.

Shiloa

Ook, I got confused between the two. White walkers haven't been mentioned for so long I forgot all about them and thought they were the same as wildlings.

So is the nightwatch there to stop wildlings or white walkers?

TheContact

Ook, I got confused between the two. White walkers haven't been mentioned for so long I forgot all about them and thought they were the same as wildlings.

Both but people haven't seen white walkers for a long time so most think they're just a myth.

JGS

Banned

Pretty sure the immediate danger to them is Wildings. After all, they are there to investigate the army forming there.

As Winter comes and if it lasts a good while, ones North of the Wall will head South. Few believed in the other stuff until recently.

Ark

They're trying to stop the Wildlings from marching South under Mance Rayder's leadership. The White Walkers are back after thousands of years, but none of them want to admit it.

JGS

Banned
Maybe long term, but it sure isn't showing right now. If you just take it season by season I think her screen time isn't even close to season 1 right now. I don't know how much I feel that foreshadowing. It seems like they have a destination but no path to it right now.
That's true which is why I like the amount of screentime given to her. I'm not too worried about her and I like how her story is tied to Westoros without having anything to do with the current goings on. This episode was great though in the amount of time given to her.

Martian

Strong episode! I loved the scene between Cersei and Tyrion. It showed real emotion, and also that Cersei isn't a complete bitch. It would also seem that Tyrion would get the upper hand again, so win-win!
I hope Jaime stays alive forever! I mean he's such an awesome character, even though it's kind of harsh that he killed his admirer, I was hoping for a somewhat less cruel solution.

I must stress: I have not read the books! I think that the dark guy, who wants to marry Dany, is under some kind of spell by the guy with the purple lips. I don't see why he would help that guy otherwise, it's like he said: What can dragons buy him that he can't buy already. War would not be an option either, because he just wants to make money, which slows down when there's a war.

I can't believe it's Bran and Rickon. I mean, you can't kill Bran after he's just been appointed steward of Winterfell. But anyway, even if Theon killed other kids. It still shows that he is a complete fucking nutjob and deserves to die. At least with Joffrey we know that Joffrey is pure evil, but it just sucks that Theon used to be a good guy, and now has gone mental

JGS

Banned
I must stress: I have not read the books! I think that the dark guy, who wants to marry Dany, is under some kind of spell by the guy with the purple lips. I don't see why he would help that guy otherwise, it's like he said: What can dragons buy him that he can't buy already. War would not be an option either, because he just wants to make money, which slows down when there's a war.
He doesn't have kingship which is the only thing left. No one would follow the creepy dude, but at the same time he is a powerful ally to have. Black guy is wealthy, influential, & now very powerful if he gets the dragons too. I honestly think he is the best choice to protect Dany.

Klocker

just rewatched the episode and while I KNOW they are the orphans, I realized that Theon really believes he got Bran... at first viewing I thought he knew it was not them either.

oh and I love the scene with the Queen and Ned's daughter... hinting what she confirms with Tyrion later that Jeoffry is a bastard in more ways than one. :D

Nizz

I think that was the sickest thing shown on the show so far. I didn't want to go to bed after that.

Yeah, I've become jaded and de-sensitized by the internet but that scene made me feel terrible.
I felt the same way you both did. I've seen some pretty messed up stuff on the internet but boy did last night's episode leave me with a knot in my stomach. Felt like my adrenaline was running full blast and I couldn't get to bed right away, I was so worked up lol.

That scene plus the scene right before with Cat asking Brienne for her sword was what really got me going. "No Cat, don't do it!" I feel like she'll wound Jaime but I don't think she would outright kill him. At least I hope. Shit could really hit the fan if that were to happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom