• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIkMY.gif

Is that Arya?

Edit: *looks at comments*

Wow, guess it is. Props to her!

MMaRsu

Arya is so damn cool.

Did I comment on this episode yet? Shit was cool as hell. Tywin/Arya scenes were amazing, and I loved Cersei pretty much admitting Joffrey is her bastard son. And what a cunt he is.

feeling pretty bad for Sansa. Jon Snow is an idiot, should have fucked that girl while he had the chance, but letting her escape twice?

Theon is also a cunt and must be dealt a swift death, I cannot stand to look at him anymore. The fuck happened.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
feeling pretty bad for Sansa.

Yeah. Had this been a few episodes back I would have probably not felt sorry for her, AT ALL, but she kinda grows on me. She has to grow up so fast and she's been through a lot of shit already. She has it tough.

Arya is so damn cool.

Did I comment on this episode yet? Shit was cool as hell. Tywin/Arya scenes were amazing, and I loved Cersei pretty much admitting Joffrey is her bastard son. And what a cunt he is.

feeling pretty bad for Sansa. Jon Snow is an idiot, should have fucked that girl while he had the chance, but letting her escape twice?

Theon is also a cunt and must be dealt a swift death, I cannot stand to look at him anymore. The fuck happened.

Tywin/Arya scenes have been the highlight of the season for me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah, my man Gendry needs more screen time. He is the show's secret badass.

BTW, I loved this little scene with the kids, Asha and Hodor (Hodor)

tumblr_m40xetojxs1qmxvwfo1_250.gif
tumblr_m40xetojxs1qmxvwfo2_250.gif

tumblr_m40xetojxs1qmxvwfo3_250.gif
tumblr_m40xetojxs1qmxvwfo4_250.gif

Did anyone else notice that Hodor (Hodor) seemed a bit more aware of his surroundings/emotional during the last couple of episodes?

Im pretty sure Tywin knows who Arya is now. Either Littlefinger told him or he figured it out for himself, the "milord" conversation showed that he knows I think. He's too smart to get played like that for very long. I think maybe he just likes Arya's company so he plays along.

Bread

Banned

Did anyone else notice that Hodor (Hodor) seemed a bit more aware of his surroundings/emotional during the last couple of episodes?
I loved that scene too, Hodor's the shit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
As much as I love Arya, she is a bit of a dumbass. Saying that she "ate a lot", displaying great knowledge of history and highborn manners in front of Tywin ... She'd be a lot safer just looking terrified and uttering "yes m'lord".

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah. Had this been a few episodes back I would have probably not felt sorry for her, AT ALL, but she kinda grows on me. She has to grow up so fast and she's been through a lot of shit already. She has it tough.

Sansa is the one character I have done a complete 180 on. I loathed her at the beginning of the first season, now, I feel so bad for her.

I really can't think of a good outcome for her either. Joffrey will either beat her mercilessly her whole life, or she'll end up dead.....I guess maybe Robb saves her or Tyrion pulls off a trade but given how much shit has gone bad for the Starks recently I wonder if anything will go right for this family.

I loved that scene, especially him cracking the walnuts. In previous eps he seemed to just be there to do what Bran told him, so I'm glad the actor is getting a chance to put more into the role through facial expressions and movement.

Fowler

Sansa swings so rapidly for me between feeling so bad for her unfortunate plight and hating her... well, just hating her really, because some times she can be incredibly unlikeable.

Her scenes with Shae kill me. They are the polar opposite of the Arya/Tywin scenes, where you've got two great characters pushing each other to greater heights with great tension and timing, whereas Sansa and Shae are cringeworthy.

The day Hodor dies will be a sad one, and I really hope they don't go all cheesy and make him say something other than Hodor as he's dying. As for Tywin, I don't think he does know yet, because as much as he enjoys her company, having Arya hostage as Robb gets close is such a huge advantage that he would be foolish not to capitalise on it.

Jonm1010

Banned
Sansa swings so rapidly for me between feeling so bad for her unfortunate plight and hating her... well, just hating her really, because some times she can be incredibly unlikeable.

Her scenes with Shae kill me. They are the polar opposite of the Arya/Tywin scenes, where you've got two great characters pushing each other to greater heights with great tension and timing, whereas Sansa and Shae are cringeworthy.

I actually am starting to really like the Shae/Sansa dynamic. I think it has a lot of potential.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The day Hodor dies will be a sad one, and I really hope they don't go all cheesy and make him say something other than Hodor as he's dying. As for Tywin, I don't think he does know yet, because as much as he enjoys her company, having Arya hostage as Robb gets close is such a huge advantage that he would be foolish not to capitalise on it.
Hush, you.

The writers better keep sweet faced Hodor alive and well or I'll kick a thousand magazine racks. My e-rage will be biblical if he dies. Ned's beheading, times a thousand.

Balehead

Their relationship jumped quickly from them tolerating each other to a much more understanding one, I think I was surprised that Shae helped her. Sansa's also been a bit difficult to figure out, she seemed quite fine with Joffrey being an asshole but now she's looking more and more like a prisoner.

KarmaCow

She's almost like the bizarro-Joffrey in that she was sheltered and lived in the clouds, but unlike like Joffery, she needed to grow up fast. Considering the shit she's gone through so quickly, she's adapted amazingly well.

I haven't liked much of the Sansa scenes but I thought this week was great. The scene where CerCei cuts the crap and basically tells her 'welcome to my personal hell' was outstanding. This week had lots of character breaking down a bit and figuring out they fucked up.

Nizz

I actually am starting to really like the Shae/Sansa dynamic. I think it has a lot of potential.
Me too. I thought it was awesome of Shae when she ran down that handmaiden and held a knife to her throat warning her to keep quiet. Too bad it still became known that Sansa's ready to bear the devil's... I mean, Joffrey's children.

Balehead

Now that Jon brought up the king beyond the wall I'm really hoping the wildlings take Jon to him and we'll see the focus beyond the wall shift to him. The woman already told Jon's new boss that they don't take prisoners so Jon could just pass the torch. Would certainly make things more interesting up north.

edit: But I agree with the posters earlier about their speculations.

Now that Jon brought up the king beyond the wall I'm really hoping the wildlings take Jon to him and we'll see the focus beyond the wall shift to him. The woman already told Jon's new boss that they don't take prisoners so Jon could just pass the torch. Would certainly make things more interesting up north.

edit: But I agree with the posters earlier about their speculations.

How many allies/adopted children can the Starks lose to the other side?

Jon Snow somehow becoming the main villain of the piece would be hilarious. I actually wish I read the b***s just so I knew the broad strokes of what was happening to each character in the long-term, but it would spoil so much else that I can't bring myself to.

Kinyou

Jon Snow somehow becoming the main villain of the piece would be hilarious. I actually wish I read the b***s just so I knew the broad strokes of what was happening to each character in the long-term, but it would spoil so much else that I can't bring myself to.
I find it always extremely hard to switch from a Tv show/movie to a book series, the other way around is usually easy. But we'll see. If this season ends on some massive cliffhanger I probably wont be able to resist.

Meier

I think I'm done with the whiners in the other thread so I'll start posting in here with folks who can simply enjoy the series for what it is, a television series.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think I'm done with the whiners in the other thread so I'll start posting in here with folks who can simply enjoy the series for what it is, a television series.

I don't think I'm coming back to the other thread. Some people are just making very open comparisons between the show and the books if not casually throwing spoilers around. I'm still on the first book, and between the whiners and the lack of spoiler tags that thread is no longer enjoyable IMO.

Sword Familiar

Sansa is the one character I have done a complete 180 on. I loathed her at the beginning of the first season, now, I feel so bad for her.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about her, too. I mean, she's incredibly spoiled. She's the true example of a girl brought up to believe that she can be a fairytale princess, with all the fluff and unicorns that comes with it. Because of this she feels entitled, and acts just as spoiled as she was raised to be. However, when she actually got what she wanted, but everything didn't turn out as it was supposed to, she's slowly waking up from her pink dream and starts to realise that she has to face a very bleak reality together with a mad man who'll probably end up torturing her, and in the worst case scenario: even kill her, if she doesn't please him. She's doing what she can to survive at this point, and her choices prove that she's not as as stupid as I first thought. She's just been extremely naive, and everyone knows this. I just don't think she deserves this. No one does.

I thought about reading the books in between season 1 and 2, but I enjoyed the show so much I felt it wouldn't be worth it at this point. I might read the first two books after this season finishes, but that's about it. I have no desire to get ahead of the show. I like guessing.

Truant

Actor playing Hodor is great. I always hated the Bran scenes, but when he's with the wildling chick and Hodor, it's always a treat. Great trio.

I find it always extremely hard to switch from a Tv show/movie to a book series, the other way around is usually easy. But we'll see. If this season ends on some massive cliffhanger I probably wont be able to resist.

I read the first book after watching the first season. It was still really enjoyable so don't let it stop you. I plan on starting the second book when this season wraps up.

Actor playing Hodor is great. I always hated the Bran scenes, but when he's with the wildling chick and Hodor, it's always a treat. Great trio.

Even without them, I think Bran is much better this season. It's not just about what he's doing but it's the attitude. He's clearly taken what he learned from Ned and the older buys and is trying to apply it however he can. For some reason, Bran planning thier movements. "we can't risk it" makes me laugh.

Sword Familiar

Even without them, I think Bran is much better this season. It's not just about what he's doung but it's the attitude. He's clearly taken what he learned from Med and the older buys and is trying to apply it however he can. For some reason, Bran planning thier movements. "we can't risk it" makes me laugh.

I get the feeling that Bran is the most intelligent person on the whole show, and could probably turn into a brilliant tactician when/if he grows up. Unless his cynicism gets the better of him, that is.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a question for you guys, does anyone in here look at the map to see where the different characters are? I'm just curious as to whether or not you guys bother.

Vard

I have a question for you guys, does anyone in here look at the map to see where the different characters are? I'm just curious as to whether or not you guys bother.
Yea, if you mean the map in the intro anyway. I want to get the board game - the opening is basically like a commercial for it, right?!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*

Just pre gaming for his time on the throne.

Long Live King Hodor.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Haha, yea, I'd stop watching the show. :-|

Me too. I thought it was awesome of Shae when she ran down that handmaiden and held a knife to her throat warning her to keep quiet. Too bad it still became known that Sansa's ready to bear the devil's... I mean, Joffrey's children.

Maybe Joffrey is impotent or can only get off from hurting someone.
Either way, he will torture Sansa in the bedroom, the Hound will hear it from outside, will come in and tear Joffrey in two. The End.

(assuming there will be a wedding before the armies are fighting at King's Landing)

edit: btw I hate those tumblr gifs

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yea, if you mean the map in the intro anyway. I want to get the board game - the opening is basically like a commercial for it, right?!
I don't mean the map in the intro because it's pretty useless in showing where some of the characters are. I mean an actual map like the one on the HBO website.

Pocks

The only interesting character left in the Kelly C story is Jorah, I fucking love that guy. Dany can go fuck herself, the black guy is definitely a liar and his safe is as empty as that creepy bald guy's heart.

I can't wait until poor Dany gets away with her dragons, burns the vault door down, and finds that it is empty.. would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom