• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGS

Banned
That's exactly what it was.
AwkwardHandshake.gif

ElectricBlue187 said:
The Maester is a moron for believing those bodies are Bran and Rincon and Theon is an even bigger moron for faking their deaths. Now he's REALLY going to be fucked when the wolf shows up.
It was pretty emotional and unexpected from his POV.

Theon is an idiot

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The Maester is a moron for believing those bodies are Bran and Rincon and Theon is an even bigger moron for faking their deaths. Now he's REALLY going to be fucked when the wolf shows up.
Whole thing was confusing as hell to me. Maybe its because we have the third person perspective, but it never even crossed my mind that it was actually Brann? I just though he fucking charred some kids, then I come in here and see he was making it like he killed Brann like that shit would happen on this show.

Would be hilarious if they killed Brann without ever really explaining his visions though.

This season is just about operating at the usual GoT quality level for me, which is right around 9/10. The show has really good moral debates (although it can lapse into the same issues I had with BSG where characters come off more like ideological mouth pieces than real people at times), but a lot of the time you pretty much know how a scene is going to end as soon as its begun. Formerly poor Qarth guy making a play for King using the dragons as leverage? Yea. Kingslayer angering lady Stark? Yea. The other prisoner being used as bait for an escape? Yea. The show has to work a little overtime to really surprise, like when Tyrion's girl wasted the effort of tracking the other servant down.

I'm unfortunately too tired to bring this point home at the moment, but I can't be the only person who feels like the show can be a little auto-pilot-y a bit too much of the time, right?

sangreal

I don't really get the "Theon knew it wasn't them" perspective. In that case, what was the point of showing us (and Theon) the walnuts?

I still think they hid in a tree or something and Osha purposely sacrificed the orphans by leaving the walnuts there

JGS

Banned
I don't really get the "Theon knew it wasn't them" perspective. In that case, what was the point of showing us (and Theon) the walnuts?

I still think they hid in a tree or something and Osha purposely sacrificed the orphans by leaving the walnuts there
I think the walnut find gave him cause to torture the farmer for information. It led him no where so he killed the kids as an example and to get the people to think the Stark boys were dead and thus breaking Winterfell's spirit.

I was thinking they indicated they were going try and get some food while not asking for help, but not too sure. I would not put what you say past Osha except that it's pretty unthinkable that he would kill a couple of kids on her part or that Theon wouldn't realize he didn't have the right boys since he's known them since birth.

I think the walnut find gave him cause to torture the farmer for information. It led him no where so he killed the kids as an example and to get the people to think the Stark boys were dead and thus breaking Winterfell's spirit.

I think it was more to show off to his sister when she shows up remember he was saying he would look bad if he lost the Stark boys, that he lost "a half wit carrying a cripple"

Nizz

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that the missing handmaiden (Doreah) is that mysterious woman with the covered face who was tattooing that man and who gave Jorah hints about where the dragons are.

Which to me should make no sense since that woman first appeared to Jorah when they first arrived at Qarth at that gathering and Doreah was at the gathering at the same time. You never did see Doreah's dead body among the massacred though.

Just a random thought...

Sajjaja

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that the missing handmaiden (Doreah) is that mysterious woman with the covered face who was tattooing that man and who gave Jorah hints about where the dragons are.

Which to me should make no sense since that woman first appeared to Jorah when they first arrived at Qarth at that gathering and Doreah was at the gathering at the same time. You never did see Doreah's dead body among the massacred though.

Just a random thought...

Doreah has much prettier eyes.

Revolver

This show makes me a nervous wreck when I'm watching it. I just feel like anyone can die at any time. I think Theon probably burned down the farmhouse and they drug two charred bodies out. He doesn't know there were two orphan boys living there so he probably assumes they were Bran and Rickon. He's a twisted POS either way.

The scene with Tyrion and Cersei was touching. Cersei came off as almost sympathetic and Tyrion was the concerned brother that just couldn't bring himself to console her.

Still loving the scenes with Arya and Tywin. Child actors usually drag a show down, but this cast has got some good ones.

Jake.

did the fat du at qarth (the 'king of spices' or whatever) get his throat slit at the table too? couldn't really tell.

FStop7

Banned
Even if it's not the Stark kids, it's still two little kids who have been butchered and burnt beyond recognition. What kind of face is he supposed to make?

He should have taken a self pic with the bodies in the background as he made duck face. Then posted it on Twitter.

Cyan

Banned
Can someone tell me what the creepy guy's intentions are with Kelly C and her dragons? What the heck is the undying hall?

I'm guessing his intentions are something creepy. I think the Undying thing was the tower we saw the dragons getting taken to in the previous episode.

Feature

Banned
When are we going to see khaleesi nude again :( ? I thought the great moment was upon us when it looked like she was going to make out with that dude that's with her all the time. But then she got angry...

BigDug13

What? No, not in the least. I think he wanted to hug her, or at least felt he should do something to console her, but couldn't make himself do it.

But they still had a look exchanged as if they acknowledged that he felt for her pain and "wanted" to comfort her and they didn't make it too awkward by following through with it.

BigDug13

After saying that they're more valuable alive than dead, I would have to assume that those were not Bran and Rickon. But I'm not sure what happened. They wouldn't set fire to that place without knowing who they were burning, especially when they DIDN'T want to kill them, would they?

Or did they change their mind and it was their intention to kill Bran and Rickon?

At first I thought it was Bran and Rickon and I was saying "Holy Shit" like 5 times out loud. But on further reflection, it can't be them.

I both love and hate these cliffhangers. They work PERFECTLY when you have the opportunity to watch them back-to-back like on a DVD set as you will never want to stop watching, but they're TORTURE when you know you have another week to wait.

JGS

Banned
I think it was more to show off to his sister when she shows up remember he was saying he would look bad if he lost the Stark boys, that he lost "a half wit carrying a cripple"
I think that too. However that would mean that he gave up the search for them too or that no one will know the truth until they show up. If he tricks his family he's almost going to have to kill them when he finds them now.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Can someone tell me what the creepy guy's intentions are with Kelly C and her dragons? What the heck is the undying hall?

I'm guessing his intentions are something creepy. I think the Undying thing was the tower we saw the dragons getting taken to in the previous episode.

I'm guessing it's some kind of **secret society that have gained immortality/power through horrible means. Basically vampirism, zombies, that sort of thing. Immortality at a high price kind of deal.

** Well, obviously everyone knows about it's existence, but I'm not so sure everyone knows what lies beyond the gates so to speak.

Kinyou

The two stark boys should just ride back to winterfell on their two wolfs and fuck shit up.

And Jon's wolf should come back and fuck those wildlings up.

And Arya's wolf should come to that castle and fuck shit up.

And Sansa's wolf should rise from the dead and fuck some shit up.

The two stark boys should just ride back to winterfell on their two wolfs and fuck shit up.

And Jon's wolf should come back and fuck those wildlings up.

And Arya's wolf should come to that castle and fuck shit up.

And Sansa's wolf should rise from the dead and fuck some shit up.

If George pops his clogs before he can finish the series, I vote you should write it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm not sure if Theon was terrified by his work or because he comprehended that he had gone way overboard with his demonstration of power.

We know there's a small army marching towards Winterfell *and* a very pissed off populance still loyal to the Starks. Everything points towards Theon's grand demise and I can't wait for it. Unfortunately there's a chance that either Robb or Cat are going to make something very stupid after hearing of Bran and Rikon (although we all know those were not their corpses). Either way, Theon needs to pay.

How right Jaime was about Theon when talking to Jory. I could watch an entire season of Arya Tywin scenes though.

Me too. I really, REALLY hope they don't screw up that dynamic somehow. I love that I honestly don't know if Tywin knows she's a Stark or not at this point. He knows she's from a very noble family in the north, he knows she wanted to hide that fact from him, he knows she's on the run and hiding her identity, he knows her father wasn't a stonemason, was educated, and was killed for serving someone, and he's realized she seems to have no problem talking to a lord informally, even gave him a little attitude.....He totally could have connected the dots already.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just straight up tells her he knows who she is in the next episode or two.

Me too. I really, REALLY hope they don't screw up that dynamic somehow. I love that I honestly don't know if Tywin knows she's a Stark or not at this point. He knows she's from a very noble family in the north, he knows she wanted to hide that fact from him, he knows she's on the run and hiding her identity, he knows her father wasn't a stonemason, was educated, and was killed for serving someone, and he's realized she seems to have no problem talking to a lord informally, even gave him a little attitude.....He totally could have connected the dots already.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just straight up tells her he knows who she is in the next episode or two.

Question is though... does he know she's missing?

When Littlefinger was talking to Catelyn or one of the Tyrells (I forget), he mentioned that they found Arya. I'm guessing any bargaining position from the Small Council would be weakened if they only had one Stark girl to trade for Jaime. It might be too much of a risk sending ravens from King's Landing to inform people outside of the city (as we've seen in a prior episode, shooting ravens down is a very real possibility).

Revolver

I imagine his intentions are something creepy. When he talks about her being with her dragons forever my skin crawls. I have a mental image of the undying hall filled with mummies or stuffed dead bodies arranged like a museum.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I imagine his intentions are something creepy. When he talks about her being with her dragons forever my skin crawls. I have a mental image of the undying hall filled with mummies or stuffed dead bodies arranged like a museum.

My uneducated guess is that The Richest Man in Qarth (tm) wants something bigger and juicer than a small throne in the far east. He'll need dwagons for that.

The only interesting character left in the Kelly C story is Jorah, I fucking love that guy. Dany can go fuck herself, the black guy is definitely a liar and his safe is as empty as that creepy bald guy's heart.

Klocker

The only interesting character left in the Kelly C story is Jorah, I fucking love that guy. Dany can go fuck herself, the black guy is definitely a liar and his safe is as empty as that creepy bald guy's heart.

agreed, the richest man has some shit in tht vault but I doubt it was riches (until he helped off the rest of the council). ;)

Also the magician dude is cool too. tripped out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom