• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Nice catch on his facial expression. I checked out his Wiki page and had a good laugh:

2Y5l3.png
LOL its changed now xD

JGS

Banned
Winterfell got taken in like 5 minutes by 1 ship of undisciplined dudes -- 6 archers from the castle windows probably could've prevented that. They couldn't leave 6 guys behind? It's just rash and really careless, even when fighting a battle in another town. Heck, I know that from playing Age of Empires and I don't have any battle education like Bram and his advisors do.
They explained why. Robb's army is not just advancing, it's also defending the lands it acquired. Even the Greyjoys didn't think they get to Winterfell. Winterfell's primary (Really only) mistake was trusting Theon.

King Joffry was almost killed by a villager. Why does that kind of access to the King exist?

Robb's man guarding Jaime was played by like a 4th grader's trick. Good jailers?

Jon Snow can't deal with being teased without losing his bearings and attentiveness for 5 minutes. He's had training in swordsmanship but not in discipline, safety, and security?
I think something that is being missed is the notion that these strategies are not ones that come up regularly. There is reverence for the king normal but, as Tyrion said, Joffrey os on a whole new level of idiocy. He's starving the people, killing babies, waging a war, plus has an illegitimate claim to the throne.

The guard came in thinking everyone was dead. It was no different than Silence of the lambs. There is no protocol for what Jaime did since it was family. Plus, the only one that could possibly match up with Jaime was Ned or Robb in the smarts dept.

Jon Snow is a virgin who is both turned on by her and also taught to treat them a bit delicate. He has little experience in battle and so lacks killer instincts and wariness. All of this makes sense to me.

(maybe?) Bran, Rickon, and the wildling, the latter of which is a trickster and survivor, not having a good plan to hide and escape.
They do have a good plan to escape. They are facing tough odds and still missing.

Qarth's ruling party dismisses a magician and warlock as a charlatan and likely admits him to the 13 with no care in the world: "we're the greatest city ever and a model of stability and security, but... ehh, we've got a good feeling about this guy."

Mother of dragons being absolutely careless by leaving her one valued possession, her one reason for survival behind.
They were a model of stability but also stagnant, arrogant, and careless with their assumptions. Honestly they mirror real life the most.

scosher

Winterfell got taken in like 5 minutes by 1 ship of undisciplined dudes -- 6 archers from the castle windows probably could've prevented that. They couldn't leave 6 guys behind? It's just rash and really careless, even when fighting a battle in another town. Heck, I know that from playing Age of Empires and I don't have any battle education like Bram and his advisors do.

Well, Winterfell wasn't really sieged. It was taken by stealth. Theon even mentions to Bran that they took it using grappling hooks, etc., likely scaling the walls under the cover of night.

Where is the best place to get game of thrones shirts?

And did they change the intro? People say it changed but it looks the same to me.

Edit- lol at that Ygritte/John Snow post.

Ogni-XR21

Where is the best place to get game of thrones shirts?

And did they change the intro? People say it changed but it looks the same to me.

Edit- lol at that Ygritte/John Snow post.

There have always been changes depending on where the action took place, they already did that in season 1. But the music was altered a little bit, something with that new mix seem off to me.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
There have always been changes depending on where the action took place, they already did that in season 1. But the music was altered a little bit, something with that new mix seem off to me.

Some parts of the music are elongated so they can show new locations on the map. A rush job if you ask me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah. The last bunch of episodes have been better in that regard, but the opening of the first two was reeaaally jarring. Otherwise the show has excellent music. I just wish they could find a way to make it more evident.

Magnus

I know cross-posting is frowned upon, but since I aim what I write mostly at non-readers and we do have two threads, I'd like to post this here too:

Super-delayed take on last week finally up. Sorry. Diablo III happened (as well as a nice surge in job prospects – and a hire!)

http://www.omega-level.net/2012/05/18/this-week-on-game-of-thrones-a-man-without-honor/

Choice imagery:

207Roose.jpg

207karstark.jpg

I love Karstark's overall look. INTENSITY+

On boners and frostbite:

207boner.jpg

Jon on a leash:

207Jon.gif

207Jon2.gif

And I desperately need someone's help to add the subtitle to this one:

207IKnowHowToDoIt.gif

"I know how to do it."

Also, bonus Tywin dancing:

ijyJhSUHOZe1Z.gif

Jeels

The only thing that made his transformation hard to believe was his fervorous display of loyalty towards Robb when he was declared the King in the North.

I don't think so. He wasn't the first to declare his allegiance to him, and it seems to me like Theon does whatever is convenient for him, he really does care about the opinion of others (huge daddy issues lol, but not just his dad, even his men). We see in season 2 his motivations for doing what he did in that scene, he thought he could go home and get his father to ally with Stark, make his family proud, and get Lannister land.

JGS

Banned
I don't think so. He wasn't the first to declare his allegiance to him, and it seems to me like Theon does whatever is convenient for him, he really does care about the opinion of others (huge daddy issues lol, but not just his dad, even his men). We see in season 2 his motivations for doing what he did in that scene, he thought he could go home and get his father to ally with Stark, make his family proud, and get Lannister land.
I think it's simpler than that. He does whatever his emotional state tells him, but when he does it, no amount of regret will change his actions or the judgement of them so he feeds the initial emotional state.

The road he chose was not easier. He knew that from the beginning and didn't actually have faith in his father's ambition. He then agrees to a stupid idea (Seriously it was so stupid I was thinking I misunderstood the conversation) that seals his fate.

He was the best friend of the King of the North so he was never going to starve or be belittled. plus that cause was a winning one he believed in. He's such an idiot.

Indeed. The intro keeps showing the Wall, and we haven't been there in a long while.

The intro shows regions that are emblematic of the people that represent the area, not necessarily that events will take place there.

If they showed every single area that involved a scene in that particular episode, then the intro would be far more complex than it currently is (and a lot harder to follow, truthfully).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If they showed every single area that involved a scene in that particular episode, then the intro would be far more complex than it currently is (and a lot harder to follow, truthfully).
I don't agree with that at all. Take the last episode as an example and all that would change is dropping Pyke and instead showing where Robb is (I bet most have no idea where he is exactly) and dropping the wall and showing where Jon is in the mountains north of the wall. Same number of locations would be shown in the intro and it would actually be useful so people could better understand what's going on.

I've heard people thinking [map spoiler]
that Robb is on his way to Harrenhal where Tywin is and they can't wait until he gets there which is the complete opposite direction he's traveling.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That can't be a co-incidence... one was derived from the other.. but which one? ..

Also.. that list is incomplete - missing a vital character..

.............. Hodor
I knew what your spoiler said before I even uncovered it. :lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
<3

Is the Bronn pic an actual spoiler?

It shows a certain landscape. Bronn is the only only pictured. I'm still on the first book, so I couldn't tell what's going on, but it looks somewhat spoilery in the sense that it shows that there will be some level of action at a particular location.

Sword Familiar

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with that (as I refuse to click either way), but could some of you guys be a bit more mindful when posting stuff like that? Try not to mention names, locations or other spoilery stuff from unaired episodes.

Thank you.

Kozak

Banned
Whats the spoiler with his name? That he is a character fortunate enough to still be alive when EP 9 comes around?
I guess that might actually be important to a lot of people

Sorry, I can't tell if you guys are joking :S

Lakitu

st5fu
Whats the spoiler with his name? That he is a character fortunate enough to still be alive when EP 9 comes around?

I'm with you on this but it's best to comply with people's wishes. I'll edit my post, chaps.

Sword Familiar

I'm not. >:

But what can I do about it?

Thanks, Lakitu!

Edit: Also, I realise this particular example might not have been that harmful, but you never know... Better be safe than sorry, even if you're only joking.

I don't agree with that at all. Take the last episode as an example and all that would change is dropping Pyke and instead showing where Robb is (I bet most have no idea where he is exactly) and dropping the wall and showing where Jon is in the mountains north of the wall. Same number of locations would be shown in the intro and it would actually be useful so people could better understand what's going on.

So north of the Wall is the only location they haven't been at? Using your criteria, then the intro would need to include a TON more locations, like:

- Every area Robb wins a battle
- Every area that Renly is stationed at
- Wherever Renly and Stannis met for parley
- Several areas along the Kingsroad
- The inn where Tyrion was captured by Catelyn
- The Red Waste
- The area that Khal Drogo attacked and pillaged

so on and so forth, etc.

So the intro doesn't show exactly where Jon is... does it matter? Is Jon involved with a story arc that intimately involves the future of The Wall? Absolutely.

Using your method would add an incredible amount of unneeded complexity to the intro. It would also mean adding an inordinate amount of money to the *budget* as well. Changing the intro every time would be needlessly expensive, unnecessarily confusing and logistically complex.

Sure it would be pretty neat, but it would also be wholly impractical.

Balehead

Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with that (as I refuse to click either way), but could some of you guys be a bit more mindful when posting stuff like that? Try not to mention names, locations or other spoilery stuff from unaired episodes.

Thank you.

Let's add actor contracts etc. to this, no one wants to know that X's actor is going to be doing the show for Y seasons. This shit has already happened before.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Come on now. Bronn's status is not unknown nor the character is in imminent danger as far as we know. If that picture were from Bran I would have said nothing about it, but Bronn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom