• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Word of advice:

DO NOT VISIT AWOIAF'S WIKI.

That place is spoiler central. I don't know why I keep doing this to me.

Surely that's just plain common sense? ;)

The only GoT related stuff I look at on the internet are pictures from Reddit and Tumblr. Gives me my fix, and I don't get any spoilers (thus far anyway).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Surely that's just plain common sense? ;)

The only GoT related stuff I look at on the internet are pictures from Reddit and Tumblr. Gives me my fix, and I don't get any spoilers (thus far anyway).

I'm a dumbass. I keep telling myself I will stop reading whenever I reach some line that starts to sound vaguely spoilery, but that site throws entire character arcs at your face from the first paragraph.

Oh, and family trees.

Fuck.

On second thought, I'm glad the show is not a carbon copy of the books. That's my only glimmer of hope.

Word of advice:

The Game of Thrones wiki is pretty safe and full of detailed information. However many character pages have a book area so might have to be careful (but AFAIK there is nothing zomg spoiler-worthy from what I've read).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Game of Thrones wiki is pretty safe and full of detailed information. However many character pages have a book area so might have to be careful (but AFAIK there is nothing zomg spoiler-worthy from what I've read).

Yeah, Wikia's site is a lot more considerate for non book readers as it basically follows the show. That's the place to research for anyone in this thread.

Edit:
(but AFAIK there is nothing zomg spoiler-worthy from what I've read).
There are a couple of nasty reveals. People should stop reading anything once reached the "in the books" section. Just stop scrolling down. The site is pretty safe right up to that part.

I only get my GoT info from this thread. So far the only spoilers in this thread I've come across are
Bronn and Bran are different people and Hodor may not be Jon Snow's mom.

ShaneB

Ending up getting the first 4 books at a nice discount price when I was at Costco earlier today. Now wondering if I will actually read them or continue to just see it as a show only. lol

Word of advice:

If you want a good site for general reference info on the books or show that you can make spoiler free, use Tower of the Hand.

Its great because on the front page and at the top of most every other page, you can set the scope of what info you want shown to you and only reveals the appropriate info without going beyond that. I know I used it some when I was reading the books and didn't want things spoiled, but still wanted to check on things I had forgotten or confusing stuff like some of the family trees.

Pocks

According to this interview he's a really nice guy. Spoiler free interview by the way. There are more of those, great to watch.
I only skipped the one with Charles Dance since it warns of spoilers at the beginning (and according to the comments should not be watched before the end of S2).

Even mentioning that implies things about the fate of his character... I'd consider removing it.

Plasmid

I'm out of town to see family, and they don't have HBO, i have HBO at home but my ISP doesn't give us access to HBO Go.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH IT TONIGHT :(?

Also super excited, i bought the books but haven't started reading them mainly due to being out of town.

I'm out of town to see family, and they don't have HBO, i have HBO at home but my ISP doesn't give us access to HBO Go.

Also super excited, i bought the books but haven't started reading them mainly due to being out of town.

If you are out of town frequently, you might want to look into getting a Slingbox.

Sajjaja

-deleted yo-

Amir0x

Banned
you should actually probably delete that entire posts of yours, as a precaution. Mods don't take kindly to implicating yourself in piracy

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Hmmm. This episode didn't really do much to appease my OMG WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERYONE!? Jon's good; surprise! Nothing new on the Daenerys front. I was hyped for this episode, but now that's been delayed for next week. It's going to be sick. Probably cost half of the season's budget.

Moaradin

I liked this episode a lot. It didn't have much plot progression, but it did have a lot of character development. End scene was nice too.

Word of advice:

I just did this to myself awhile ago. I was looking up who jeyne was. I wasn't specifically looking for it on AWOIAF though. I just did a random google search and thats the first thing that popped up.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Something that has bugged me since I started watching. How is that
Eddard becomes Ned
??
Ned was actually used as the short for Edward in medieval England; for example. King Edward IV went by Ned. I imagine that's what Eddard's nickname came from, considering lots of stuff in GoT is inspired by the War or the Roses.
Also, Richard III went by Dickon which sounds an awful lot like Rickon!

I'm a dumbass. I keep telling myself I will stop reading whenever I reach some line that starts to sound vaguely spoilery, but that site throws entire character arcs at your face from the first paragraph.

Oh, and family threes.

Fuck.

On second thought, I'm glad the show is not a carbon copy of the books. That's my only glimmer of hope.

Me too. :(

And you're right about the character arcs. I was reading jeyne's story and they put an another characters entire story in also.

Shit, man. I just glanced at it so maby i read it wrong. :(

Guess the show runners wanted the reveal of Bran and Rickon alive to be a good ending but it was painfully obvious to nearly everyone here.

But it sounds like this episode is the calm before the storm of next week's.

JB1981

An OK ep. Slow moving, all set up for ep 9, 10. How fucking hot is the girl from Valantls? Jesus Christ her ass is unreal.

Arya escapes Harenhaal. Cat releases Jamie in exchange for her daughters? Joffrey is never giving up Sansa and Arya is missing. Fucking dumb ass move! Rob is becoming a much better leader and character. Puts his mother - his own mother! - under guard. Wow! Was not expecting that. Stannis is attacking Kings Landing, Dany is going to the House of the Undying to get her dragons and Jon Snow is going to meet Mance Rayder. Wow -- so much going on. Last 2 eps will be amazing !

Loved seeing that Cersei got the whore all wrong. Also love seeing how much Tyrion has grown and evolved as a character. Fucking hate Cersei

bengraven

Blood of my blood, Oona Chaplin is fucking gorgeous. That scene was incredible. From her story to her body.

Literally five seconds before they started fumbling with clothes, I realized she's actually my new favorite for hottest on the show. Those lips, those eyes, that neck, my god, everything.

Then she gets nude and it's like finding out, coincedentally that you just inherited 10 million dollars after opening your Christmas presents on Christmas morning.

Can someone explain to me what happened in the end? Did the maester outline how it would happen prior to their departure?

It doesn't really say if he knew or not, but in that scene between Theon/Dagmar and then Luwin/Osha that it's obvious Theon burned the farmer's kids instead of Bran and Rickon so his men would think he killed the Stark kids and respect him, then Osha made a fake trail for Theon to follow, then came back and the kids were hidden away in the crypt.

Not sure if Luwin knew from the beginning and was in on it or if he just realized it when he saw Osha.

Literally five seconds before they started fumbling with clothes, I realized she's actually my new favorite for hottest on the show. Those lips, those eyes, that neck, my god, everything.

Then she gets nude and it's like finding out, coincedentally that you just inherited 10 million dollars after opening your Christmas presents on Christmas morning.

It's good to be the king.

bill0527

Ending up getting the first 4 books at a nice discount price when I was at Costco earlier today. Now wondering if I will actually read them or continue to just see it as a show only. lol

I got the first 4 book box set from Amazon on the way to my house right now.

But I'm having the same dilemna as you.

I ran into the same situation with The Walking Dead. I love the show and when the season ended, I wanted more, so I picked up the first 18 issues of the comic. I read through them and I enjoyed it, but there is such a big disconnect between the characters and the TV show, I decided to stop reading the comics. I'm afraid it will take away from my enjoyment of the TV show and I don't want to be one of those raging nerds who criticizes every single decision made that deviates from the source material, even if the source material is vastly superior.

JGS

Banned
Not sure if Luwin knew from the beginning and was in on it or if he just realized it when he saw Osha.
I just watched it (Sooo good) and it appeared he didn't know at all & Osha was explaining what they did.

Last episode was pretty convincing in making me think he thought the burned kids were the Little Lords.

Cyan

Banned
Shit is going down big time. Too bad Arya didn't get whatshisname in time to stop Tywin, but on the other hand Tywin's on my cool wall now, so it's just as well.

Fuck Theon.

So, any predictions for who gets killed next episode? My guess is a witch brings Ned Stark back to life, and then they behead him again.

Angry Fork

edit - I've only watched up to episode 7 I'm about to see the one that just aired now but felt like posting reaction to show first.

I've just spent the last day and a half getting into this show for the first time and watching all the episodes, I've never read the books. I feel like the 2nd season is nowhere near as awesome as the 1st season was. Missing a character like Ned hurts the show a lot imo. He was the anchor and the real honest great man you want to get behind even when he made the tough decisions you knew he felt bad about it. There's nobody on the show like that now except Jon Snow and he's not doing much but roaming around on dumb night oath errands.

Everyone is trying to stab each other in the back which is alright but I guess I'm just impatient and want to see justice handed down on people like Joffrey. But what's funny is the person who could end up killing him is probably a scoundrel himself so it won't be as satisfying. Vengeance will only be sweet if Arya is the one who manages to do something big. She's my favorite character and I wish I could see her kill one of the main Lannister's already but something tells me that's not going to happen. I really hope they don't jerk around the audience for too long and make Arya fans wait forever to see her get revenge.

And I absolutely hate Daenerys. I made a post about this a bit earlier when I finished season 1 but now I feel it even more. I feel dreadfully bored every time she's on screen but that's not the worst bit. Can someone explain by what right this dumb whiney asshole should rule over some land? Because she has some dragons? Because she fucked a brute rapist? I don't get it. Did she have stockholm syndrome with her rapist? Did she forget she was forced by her brother to be put in that situation? Why did she embrace it and love her rapist after 2 episodes?

Why is she so adamant about being the queen of a bunch of people who have no reason to look up to her? I cannot sympathize with people who are born into some royal family and then get pissy when things don't go their way. She's just as annoying as Joffrey as far as I'm concerned but she doesn't have power so she can't be as evil as he is, but she wants it bad and I'm supposed to like this girl? She hasn't earned the right to order anyone around and yet she does it as if everyone should owe her the world. The show feels like they're trying to present her as if she's right and 'destined' to rule because of her dragons but I really don't want her to. I want her to be killed as soon as possible so I don't have to waste time watching her bullshit. What do most people feel about this character? I haven't read this thread so I don't know how gaf feels. Do people like this woman? If so can anyone explain why? And explain the sun starts moon shit with her rapist and crying when he dies?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I got the first 4 book box set from Amazon on the way to my house right now.

But I'm having the same dilemna as you.

I ran into the same situation with The Walking Dead. I love the show and when the season ended, I wanted more, so I picked up the first 18 issues of the comic. I read through them and I enjoyed it, but there is such a big disconnect between the characters and the TV show, I decided to stop reading the comics. I'm afraid it will take away from my enjoyment of the TV show and I don't want to be one of those raging nerds who criticizes every single decision made that deviates from the source material, even if the source material is vastly superior.

just read em and don't be a dick... you'll be one of the few if you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom