• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Shit is going down big time. Too bad Arya didn't get whatshisname in time to stop Tywin, but on the other hand Tywin's on my cool wall now, so it's just as well.

Fuck Theon.

So, any predictions for who gets killed next episode? My guess is a witch brings Ned Stark back to life, and then they behead him again.

Bringing back Stark would be funny but for vengeance instead of another beheading.

JGS

Banned
man, Roz should have stayed in Winterfell
i was thinking that too. When she left it was like she was heading to Broadway.

Regarding the scene, Ihave no idea how they got it that mixed up. It also seemed like Roz was in on it. Maybe she misunderstood Tyrion.

That and Cats action were a smudge confusing.

Anyone have a count on how many "cunts" we had tonight? I found it funny the amount of times it was said tonight.

Tonight felt like the final episode for moving the major pieces around. Dany is going to go into The House of the Undying, Stannis' arrival is impending, everyone at Kings Landing is preparing (are the fire bombs the secret weapon), and the mystery of the look on Theon's face was solved by the gold transaction.

So Osha and company doubled back? that's very dangerous considering the arrival of the ships from Pyke.

And Joffrey, I don't think you're going to give Stannis the Joker's smile. Wink wink.

Preview Spoilers:
WAR IS HERE. 9 and 10 are going to be legendary for what we've come to expect from cable programming. Can't wait. /Bart Scott

Plasmid

War is coming, Bloods going to be shed, I can feel something amazing coming.

Also. HAPPY TEARS at the ending tonight. I love this show more and more.

I have the first 4 books and am going to start reading them very soon. I'm hoping it doesn't take away from the excitement of the series.

But I'm reading the hobbit and that hasn't ruined anything (i feel).

Is there anyone who wished they hadn't read the books?

Jonm1010

Banned
Im wondering how this is all gonna play out.

My first comment though is that Catelyn is a fucking idiot. I really can't see how this is going to work out for her.....I don't see Joffry or Cersai allowing Sansa to leave even if they get Jaime back. I mean whats the point in honoring that arrangement? Robb is right and they lose all their leverage and their is absolutely nothing forcing the Lannisters to hold their end of the bargain up.

Massa

My first comment though is that Catelyn is a fucking idiot. I really can't see how this is going to work out for her.....I don't see Joffry or Cersai allowing Sansa to leave even if they get Jaime back. I mean whats the point in honoring that arrangement? Robb is right and they lose all their leverage and their is absolutely nothing forcing the Lannisters to hold their end of the bargain up.

I think she realized Sansa/Arya would die if she didn't intervene so she sent him and Brienne away. We don't know for sure where she's taking him yet.

Cyan

Banned

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Dumb dumb dumb. She and Ned were perfect for each other.

Jonm1010

Banned
I think she realized Sansa would die if Jaime was killed that night, so she sent him and Brienne away. We don't know for sure where she's taking him yet.

I guess that's true, I just hope she's thought it out smarter then "take Jamie toward kings landing and hope when they give him back that the lannisters give back sansa." This seems Like a very "Ned" move, overestimating other peoples loyalty and honor only to have them use that against you.

I guess I just have little faith in things going well for the Starks since it seems like things are always going bad for them.

I don't think Catelyn actions were that unreasonable, Jaime was going to die before Robb gets back. If Jaime dies her daughters were dead. Wasn't a brilliant move, but as a desperation move to save her daughters I don't think it was that bad.

ShaneB

I got the first 4 book box set from Amazon on the way to my house right now.

But I'm having the same dilemna as you.

I ran into the same situation with The Walking Dead. I love the show and when the season ended, I wanted more, so I picked up the first 18 issues of the comic. I read through them and I enjoyed it, but there is such a big disconnect between the characters and the TV show, I decided to stop reading the comics. I'm afraid it will take away from my enjoyment of the TV show and I don't want to be one of those raging nerds who criticizes every single decision made that deviates from the source material, even if the source material is vastly superior.

Read the books.

just read em and don't be a dick... you'll be one of the few if you do that.

Gah, replies with conflicting interests :( I can imagine myself giving in after the season is over and likely just reading the books. Season 3 will feel so far away.

He's NAEEED STAAAWRKS SOOOWN.

How do the wildlings know Ned Stark is dead? Why do they care?

That accent and voice drives me crazy :( Really don't like her at all.

Also, I watched the Avengers earlier tonight. I found it rather boring to be honest, and just completely ho hum. Thank god I came home to watch GoT and cleanse the palette, loved this episode. Favourite moments included everything with Tyrion, all great exchanges and interactions.

Just gonna chime in again that if anybody wants any info/explanation on background/whatever but doesn't want to risk spoilerish websites and so on, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I don't know what I'm going to do to make this next week go by any faster. It's like the show gets better every week.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN THE SEASON ENDS

He's NAEEED STAAAWRKS SOOOWN.

How do the wildlings know Ned Stark is dead? Why do they care?

I'd imagine that if the wildlings intend to march South they'd keep some kind of intelligence on the Lords in the North. Particularly if all of Northern armies are marching south, they probably both want to know how many men have gone and why.

Speevy

Banned
I'm not sure I understand why Brienne is bringing Jaime Lannister to King's Landing when both she and Catelyn Stark know it's about to be the setting for a huge battle.

Why send your sworn protector to a probable doom?

Suzaku

All I have to say for now is... OMG OOMA!

Oona-Chaplin-11.jpg

GorillaJu

Every mediocre girl they've used in this show so far was just to build up to the moment that Robb's nurse girl got naked. My god, her body... I see her and I think "what the fuck have I been doing all my life? This is what I need."

That whole scene with them was great. Especially after the Tyrion/Shae scene, in which I couldn't handle the dialog. It seemed overacted to me.

Things have been too good for Robb, though. You just know something awful is going to happen to him... this is Game of Thrones, after all. You're not allowed to like characters without them meeting some kind of horrific end.

demolitio

I'm officially a fan of Oona. Absolutely gorgeous and that says a lot considering the show has a nude scene every 2 seconds that make them so common that they're not memorable. Oh yea, the episode was good too. :p

I'm really into Theon's story and where it will go. Talk about doing a 180 on a character...Damn.

It's hard to watch the Starks knowing it's impossible for them to win it all because they really do a good job of making them so well loved as they try to stay on a just course. I admire Robb for trying to grow into the role and be as good as his father. Shows normally don't make me care about the characters but this one is different.

Gregorn

Gah, replies with conflicting interests :( I can imagine myself giving in after the season is over and likely just reading the books. Season 3 will feel so far away.

Please read the books, anyone wondering if they should read the books should definitely read them. You already know you're going to enjoy them because you enjoy the show, and the books are sooooo muuuccchhhh better than the show.

The "revelation" it was the orphans that were killed and burned was so painfully obvious from the moment they reached the farm in the last episode. Kinda embarrassing they stringed it out til the end of this episode. You have to be retarded to think that was really the Stark kids.

Great ep other than that. I love the stuff up North... I want more of that. Just finding those daggers etc is so cool.

Kozak

Banned
Every mediocre girl they've used in this show so far was just to build up to the moment that Robb's nurse girl got naked. My god, her body... I see her and I think "what the fuck have I been doing all my life? This is what I need."

That whole scene with them was great. Especially after the Tyrion/Shae scene, in which I couldn't handle the dialog. It seemed overacted to me.

Things have been too good for Robb, though. You just know something awful is going to happen to him... this is Game of Thrones, after all. You're not allowed to like characters without them meeting some kind of horrific end.

For Robb I can just imagine Stannis taking Kings Landing and giving him the choice to renounce the title of "King of the North" and kneel before him or suffer the consequences.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm not sure I understand why Brienne is bringing Jaime Lannister to King's Landing when both she and Catelyn Stark know it's about to be the setting for a huge battle.

Why send your sworn protector to a probable doom?

It takes a month to get to King's Landing from Winterfell (as Cersei says in Episode 1). Cat wasn't at Winterfell but still pretty far north. By the time Brienne and Jaime do or don't get there the battle will be long over.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
For Robb I can just imagine Stannis taking Kings Landing and giving him the choice to renounce the title of "King of the North" and kneel before him or suffer the consequences.
He killed his brother and Catelyn Stark was with him. If he doesn't die at the upcoming battle, he's going after Robb.

JGS

Banned

I'm thinking it was supposed to be melodramatic since the love they have for each other is somthing neither experienced before. They were like a couple of teenagers.

All the conversations were great again although there was far more plot progression discussions.

Ooma I think is the best acted female on the show already imo.

As he mentioned I think he actually has had it worse than anyone not dead already. The only thing going for him is the Lannister battles. At first, I was thinking they were all flukes but Tywin is decidedly scared of him at this point.

As an asied, I like how Tywin made a calculated decision to let King's Landing fall to defeat Robb

He killed his brother and Catelyn Stark was with him. If he doesn't die at the upcoming battle, he's going after Robb.
He's going to have a pretty level headed Hand. I think he'll be fine with Robb remaining Lord of Winterfell and putting things back to normal. Neither one of them have an issue with each other and Stannis is being helped by Robb indirectly anyway.

He will fight Robb if Robb coninues the fight which won't happen as soon as the Lannisters are dead.

edit - I've only watched up to episode 7 I'm about to see the one that just aired now but felt like posting reaction to show first.

I've just spent the last day and a half getting into this show for the first time and watching all the episodes, I've never read the books. I feel like the 2nd season is nowhere near as awesome as the 1st season was. Missing a character like Ned hurts the show a lot imo. He was the anchor and the real honest great man you want to get behind even when he made the tough decisions you knew he felt bad about it. There's nobody on the show like that now except Jon Snow and he's not doing much but roaming around on dumb night oath errands.

Everyone is trying to stab each other in the back which is alright but I guess I'm just impatient and want to see justice handed down on people like Joffrey. But what's funny is the person who could end up killing him is probably a scoundrel himself so it won't be as satisfying. Vengeance will only be sweet if Arya is the one who manages to do something big. She's my favorite character and I wish I could see her kill one of the main Lannister's already but something tells me that's not going to happen. I really hope they don't jerk around the audience for too long and make Arya fans wait forever to see her get revenge.

And I absolutely hate Daenerys. I made a post about this a bit earlier when I finished season 1 but now I feel it even more. I feel dreadfully bored every time she's on screen but that's not the worst bit. Can someone explain by what right this dumb whiney asshole should rule over some land? Because she has some dragons? Because she fucked a brute rapist? I don't get it. Did she have stockholm syndrome with her rapist? Did she forget she was forced by her brother to be put in that situation? Why did she embrace it and love her rapist after 2 episodes?

Why is she so adamant about being the queen of a bunch of people who have no reason to look up to her? I cannot sympathize with people who are born into some royal family and then get pissy when things don't go their way. She's just as annoying as Joffrey as far as I'm concerned but she doesn't have power so she can't be as evil as he is, but she wants it bad and I'm supposed to like this girl? She hasn't earned the right to order anyone around and yet she does it as if everyone should owe her the world. The show feels like they're trying to present her as if she's right and 'destined' to rule because of her dragons but I really don't want her to. I want her to be killed as soon as possible so I don't have to waste time watching her bullshit. What do most people feel about this character? I haven't read this thread so I don't know how gaf feels. Do people like this woman? If so can anyone explain why? And explain the sun starts moon shit with her rapist and crying when he dies?
Her parents and family were murdered and she was forced to flee her country. Is she supposed to feel all good about that?

And Khal Drogo wasn't a rapist. A brute maybe, but if you actually watched the first season you would have seen that Dany quickly adapted to her new life in the khalasar and she grew to respect and love Drogo. And Drogo respected her too.

Kozak

Banned
Yeah Stannis should have no issue with Robb. The King of the North thing is great but it only happened because nobody was interested in the Lannister's on the throne. Stannis seems like he would make a good king (better than Joffrey at least) especially with the help of his hand.

Robb only wants justice for his fathers death and his sisters back. I can imagine the Northerners as well as Robb will have no issue denouncing Robb's title as long as they have no issues towards the man who sits on the throne.

I can't remember the episode or the direct quote but Stannis already mentioned that Robb will kneel or suffer so its obvious that Stannis doesn't actually want to go to war against the North but if he must, he will.

defel

Robb only wants justice for his fathers death and his sisters back. I can imagine the Northerners as well as Robb will have no issue denouncing Robb's title as long as they have no issues towards the man who sits on the throne.

Im not so sure about that. If Rob were to accept Stannis as king of the North and of all the kingdoms I think that the northerners will feel like Rob betrayed them. Rob promised them that he would be King and that they would no longer be ruled by some faceless King in the south. I dont think they would be too happy if they learnt that Rob refused to fight for a Northern throne.

ShaneB

Please read the books, anyone wondering if they should read the books should definitely read them. You already know you're going to enjoy them because you enjoy the show, and the books are sooooo muuuccchhhh better than the show.

Yeah, I'll probably start them soon just because the box is staring right at me. I know I'll enjoy it for sure.

Nizz

I liked this episode a lot. It didn't have much plot progression, but it did have a lot of character development. End scene was nice too.
I liked it for the same reason too. It's like the calm before the storm. Osha is quickly becoming one of my most favorite characters. Seems she really cares for Bran and Rickon. I can't believe Cat let Jaime go. I can understand why she did, it's a mother worried about the lives of her daughters. It's pretty rash of her.

Robb getting down with Talisa....thank you based God for letting us see Talisa without clothes. ;) I like Robb as a king. He's a humble one with what he said no interest in wealth/gold but a king for the people. I really hope he gets revenge on Theon.

I wonder where Bran and Rickon's wolves are? If Osha mentioned where they were I completely missed it. I'm also gonna miss Joqan(?) if last night was truly the last time we'll see him. He was a man of his word. Awesome how Arya and crew walk through the main gates and the guards were already dead.

Can't wait till next week's show!

Balehead

Yeah, definitely a shame if he's gone for good but I can't really see how we'd see more of him now that basically every character has left from the keep.

I really liked the scenes with Varys and Tyrion, especially Varys has such good interaction with everyone he talks with. Still missing the scenes with him and Littlefinger.

Cercei finding the wrong whore was strange, I know they said something about her jewellery but wouldn't Cercei know she was also the one sent to Joffrey? Doubt Tyrion would send the apple of his eye to that beast. They're probably going to explain it in the next ep as the whore was strangely in on it with Tyrion. Just as they started making Cercei look a bit more warm she pulls off that kind of shit. Her scene with Tyrion in ep 7 was amazing, maybe even one of the best this season.

Credo

I've never read the books and know nothing about the series other than what's on the show, but I think it's safe to speculate that Tyrion, with all that wildfire he has and with his comment this episode about "pig shit," is going to have quite an explosive welcome waiting for Stannis.

Can't wait for next week!

Cyan

Banned
I've never read the books and know nothing about the series other than what's on the show, but I think it's safe to speculate that Tyrion, with all that wildfire he has and with his comment this episode about "pig shit," is going to have quite an explosive welcome waiting for Stannis.

Can't wait for next week!

For sure. There were a lot of guns left on the mantelpiece. I don't think Stannis will have such an easy time of it.

Kozak

Banned
One disappointing thing about this episode is that the direction of Jon Snow's storyline is made so obvious..

A bastard son of the famous Eddard Stark who wishes to lead one day kept alive by the Wildlings to be taken to Mance. Mance takes him under his wing and Jon earns respect from the Wildlings and feels that he's finally found his place..

I really hope that it doesn't work out like that. The best place for Jon is with the Lord Commander. The only man who can whip this guy into shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom