• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did like how, considering how much of this show is "WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES", we finally got some good old-fashioned romance. That was pleasant. I'm guessing it's just giving us one big happy moment before a torrent of horrible moments though. Seems likely. :lol

JB1981

Nothing would make me happier to see that little shit get his. :)

I really enjoyed the conversation Tyrion and Varys had. With Varys telling him (paraphrasing)
"I've heard whispers that Danearys Targaryen lives and she has dragons. Once they were fully grown, no one could hide". And Tyrion telling him "one game at a time my friend". They seem good together.

i really love tyrion. he has grown into a really great character since the first season.

Volimar

Wouldn't it be something if the Warlocks were somehow able to make the dragons mature faster? I think no one cares much about that story because the dragons aren't a threat yet.

Bo-Locks

I did like how, considering how much of this show is "WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES", we finally got some good old-fashioned romance. That was pleasant. I'm guessing it's just giving us one big happy moment before a torrent of horrible moments though. Seems likely. :lol

They should have slipped in a few "cunts" in during the romantic scenes to really throw the audience.

"You're my cunt".
"I am your cunt".

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Wouldn't it be something if the Warlocks were somehow able to make the dragons mature faster? I think no one cares much about that story because the dragons aren't a threat yet.

i hope they do the pokemon (the anime, not the games) thing if thats the case. you know like how ash wasn't high enough level to control charizard becuase he grew too quickly??

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well aren't you pretentious? You really expect me to remember every single face in the show? When did his son last have a line in the show?

Yes, I am, and I don't expect anything from you. I don't know you.

There are literally only four characters in that core of the show. Four. I know my expectations of myself regarding this, and I find the idea that people can be confused by such a setup funny. That's all there is to it.

I was expecting someone to barge in with sword in hand and murder in the mind during that entire scene, haha.

sangreal

And Davos' son has disapproved of the path that Stanis has chosen since the first time we saw him so the stare doesn't really mean much other than the fact that he still doesn't completely agree with the path Stanis has chosen.

Doubt much will come from it.

I recall Davos' son very much approving of what Stannis is doing. It's Davos he has a problem with -- specifically his refusal to adopt the fire god

Davos' son probably was upset that Stannis didn't bring Melisandre along, thus depriving their forces of the blessings of the Lord of Light.

RDreamer

Pretty good episode. It was pretty subdued, but I liked that. It was the calm before the storm. The love scenes in this play a nice counterbalance to the other sex in the series, and really shows you something about the characters who participated in them, I think.

I wonder how Cersei thought that Ros was Tyrion's whore. The wife and I kind of agreed it might have been Varys that slipped her the misinformation. Seems like it'd be something he'd do. He seems to have taken a liking to Tyrion and how he "plays the game."

I'm also really getting attached to Robb. If he dies I don't know what I'd do...

Finalow

Actually... (not technically a spoiler if you've been paying close attention, but just in case..)
he does reference it at the end of that scene, when he mentions the "pig shit"
oh, didn't think "pig shit" was that.

btw more pics/gifs about the lovely Khaalesi, please. :3

Pretty good episode. It was pretty subdued, but I liked that. It was the calm before the storm. The love scenes in this play a nice counterbalance to the other sex in the series, and really shows you something about the characters who participated in them, I think.

I wonder how Cersei thought that Ros was Tyrion's whore. The wife and I kind of agreed it might have been Varys that slipped her the misinformation. Seems like it'd be something he'd do. He seems to have taken a liking to Tyrion and how he "plays the game."

I'm also really getting attached to Robb. If he dies I don't know what I'd do...

He likes how he plays ot because tyrion can actually do good, watch out for the realm.

sangreal

Actually... (not technically a spoiler if you've been paying close attention, but just in case..)
he does reference it at the end of that scene, when he mentions the "pig shit"

Good catch. Back when it is introduced they quip about alchemists passing off bottles of pig shit as magic.

I think Stannis will definitely regret leaving Melisandre behind

wildfire

Banned
edit - I've only watched up to episode 7 I'm about to see the one that just aired now but felt like posting reaction to show first.

I've just spent the last day and a half getting into this show for the first time and watching all the episodes, I've never read the books. I feel like the 2nd season is nowhere near as awesome as the 1st season was. Missing a character like Ned hurts the show a lot imo. He was the anchor and the real honest great man you want to get behind even when he made the tough decisions you knew he felt bad about it. There's nobody on the show like that now except Jon Snow and he's not doing much but roaming around on dumb night oath errands.

That's not season 2's problem. The problem is that each episode is being divided into too many different storylines. Just compare how much time was spent with Edard compared to the average time of everyone else. We aren't allowed to linger on storylines.

Otoh what makes GoT great is how well they have managed so many different storylines and make them feel connected. They are struggling in Season 2 but even at their weakest they are better than a lot of other ensemble shows.

I posted this in the other thread, thought you guys might like it as well...

This was a nice touch. She's wearing it in her scene with Theon in season 1 (episode 5), and Theon notices it and comments that the dwarf is a good tipper. ("I guess gold is cheap for a Lannister.")

iApwi.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mance Ryder is prolly Benjen Stark... "he used to be a crow" That is prolly also why Jon is being taken to him and why him being Ned's Bastard is relevant.

I think though that he's been out there longer than that and that the guys on the wall know who mance is? I don't think it was a nickname or anything

Davos' son probably was upset that Stannis didn't bring Melisandre along, thus depriving their forces of the blessings of the Lord of Light.

I have the feeling the son's snuck her onto a ship, and when all the pigshit (FIRE!) starts hailing down shit will get real

that's what i want tho ;_;

OddSpoon

Banned
Maybe I am just a fan of the ol' captured man scenario, but the character and part of the world I care most about is Jon Snow. I can see him coming back to Kings Landing with a whole army to help Stark.

Sajjaja

Maybe I am just a fan of the ol' captured man scenario, but the character and part of the world I care most about is Jon Snow. I can see him coming back to Kings Landing with a whole army to help Stark.

Help Stark? I highly doubt that with the Wildlings attitudes to Northerners and members of the Realm.

JGS

Banned
I asked this in the other thread but I was confused by what Tywin said. I was thinking Robb didn't send anyone to Winterfell, but instead a faction guarding another house was on their way there.

So is Robb going to be surprised by the night attack or is Tywin going to be surprised by a larger army? Maybe Robb sent a unit and I missed this.

woolley

I asked this in the other thread but I was confused by what Tywin said. I was thinking Robb didn't send anyone to Winterfell, but instead a faction guarding another house was on their way there.

So is Robb going to be surprised by the night attack or is Tywin going to be surprised by a larger army? Maybe Robb sent a unit and I missed this.

Before Oona came in to talk to Robb, he was talking to a guy that is going to send a raven to tell his bastard son to take men up to Winterfell to take it back.

JGS

Banned
Before Oona came in to talk to Robb, he was talking to a guy that is going to send a raven to tell his bastard son to take men up to Winterfell to take it back.
Yeah, they said something like that last week when Robb was going to go there himself. So Tywin has the wrong information?

Oona might be the only cast member to have a more fantastical name than their character name.

Well, aside from JAMES COSMO, but that's a different kind of fantastical.

Dragon

Banned

Roose Bolton is trying to get Robb to let him send his bastard up there to Winterfell. I think he finally succeeded in convincing him.

Tywin Lannister is most likely on his way to Kings Landing. Remember his conversations with Arya about his legacy. His family is extremely important to him and he knows Kings Landing will have a rough time repelling Stannis.

Tywin is trying to slip away South before Robb realizes it.

JGS

Banned
I learn names from here so i thought her character name was Oona.
Roose Bolton is trying to get Robb to let him send his bastard up there to Winterfell. I think he finally succeeded in convincing him.

Tywin Lannister is most likely on his way to Kings Landing. Remember his conversations with Arya about his legacy. His family is extremely important to him and he knows Kings Landing will have a rough time repelling Stannis.

Tywin is trying to slip away South before Robb realizes it.
I thought Tywin made it pretty clear he was going after Robb. Robb is still several miles away although close. Idk, maybe Arya misunderstood.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I learn names from here so i thought her character name was Oona.I thought Tywin made it pretty clear he was going after Robb. Robb is still several miles away although close. Idk, maybe Arya misunderstood.

my assumption too. they're 2 days away, lets leave at night now so that we get there sooner than they expect to get to us blah blah

Revolver

Slow burn episode, the reveal at the end was pretty obvious. I guess my theory that Tywin knew Arya's identity is dead and buried. After last week's humanizing moment, Cersei the Bitch is back. She just won't let me love her. It's going to feel like a long wait for next week.

Slow burn episode, the reveal at the end was pretty obvious. I guess my theory that Tywin knew Arya's identity is dead and buried. After last week's humanizing moment, Cersei the Bitch is back. She just won't let me love her. It's going to feel like a long wait for next week.

It's going to feel like a long wait for next season.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Please read the books, anyone wondering if they should read the books should definitely read them. You already know you're going to enjoy them because you enjoy the show, and the books are sooooo muuuccchhhh better than the show.

Nah, there are thousands of other books I can read that aren't being made into an amazing TV show.

This episode was such a stark contrast to last week's. I loved it.

Robb is such a competent son of a gun. It seems like he or Deanarys would be the best rulers for the realm. Well, actually Tywin would be very fair, but he's too old.

It's funny how the writers make us feel relieved when "other characters" are going to get tortured or killed or have been burned alive. "Phew; it wasn't anyone with screen time or a complex personality." It's so devious on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom