• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

I'm no TV producer, but I'm pretty sure that Kit's scenes are not being filmed in the same place as Oona's. It's not like they finish the scene with Robb's troops then get the artificial snow blower to turn the same field into the frozen north.

Outside of publicity events, there would be large chunks of the cast who never have scenes together, or even film their bits in the same country.
Poor Emilia Clarke. She's probably always "hey, what you guys doing tonight?" and they are all like "huh? Who are yo- ohhh "

Sirius

Seriously..

Lnopv.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's gonna be THE episode, and it being written by Martin himself bodes well too.

And directed by no other than noted goremeister Neil Marshall.

Z8AiS.jpg
0lnPF.jpg
f6Wip.jpg

I know some people didn't like Doomsday, but the man has some serious chops for action films and has proved himself to be a very thrifty director. You'd NEVER think Doomsday was filmed on a $20 million budget.

I can't wait for his TV debut.

/fanboy

I kind of hope we don't see any of Jon Snow, Dany, etc. I just want an hour long episode focused on this one thing (maybe split it two ways between the event described in Cornballer's spoiler and the presumably impending battle between Tywin and Robb's forces?

Al-ibn Kermit

It's gonna be THE episode, and it being written by Martin himself bodes well too.

Originally, the script for this episode was written with the battle happening off-screen, being told from the point of view of Cersei and Sansa.

But then the producers convinced HBO to give them the budget bump to shoot it in its full glory, on-screen.

And directed by no other than noted goremeister Neil Marshall.
http://i.imgur.com/Z8AiS.jpg[/IMGG]http://i.imgur.com/0lnPF.jpg[/IMGG]http://i.imgur.com/f6Wip.jpg[/G]
I know some people didn't like Doomsday, but the man has some serious chops for action films and has proved himself to be a very thrifty director. You'd [I][I][B]NEVER [/B][/I][/I]think Doomsday was filmed on a $20 million budget.
I can't wait for his TV debut.
/fanboy[/QUOTE]

They actually got that director at the last second. The original director had to resign the week before shooting was set to start because of a family emergency.

So they went with Neil Marshall even though he apparently had never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones. But, he was very good at shooting action scenes with a limited budget as those movies showed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That was insane. I didn't even notice the episode didn't leave King's Landing until it was ending. So much went down, but Dog leaving with Saunsa was unexpected. Mad Men is on so can't post much else for now lol.

KevinCow

Banned
Tyrion isn't dead, right??

That was just a scratch on the cheek, right??

Dude can't go out like that, killed by some faceless asshole.

Volimar

I was very fearful that the slash on Tyrion had sliced all the way through his head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2l2_v6Ur8

I am disappointed that this is not available on Amazon.

I like this youtube comment explaining the song:

Not really a spoiler, but to be safe...

"For all you non-readers, when Tywin was still young, the Reynes and Tarbecks were poweful houses who openly disobeyed their liege lord, Tytos, Tywin's father. Tytos was a weak man, so they though they could do what they pleased. Tywn decided to sort that out, and now nothing remains of the Reynes and Tarbecks, and their castles are desolate ruins. This song is a warning to other lords not to get on Tywin's bad side. There, now you don't have to check the wiki and potentially spoil anything."

parasight

Really thought Tyrion's face got sliced in half.

Goddamn, Tywin is such a badass. Put him on the throne.

Tyrion is gonna have some bad scars after that, if he is alive.

Not sure if this has been touched on, but is The Hound scared of fire? Dude chickened out pretty hard when he saw that flaming dude charging him. I assume there is some backstory to that with those big ass burn marks on his face.

I think they mentioned his older brother burnt his face when they were younger.

Moaradin

Not sure if this has been touched on, but is The Hound scared of fire? Dude chickened out pretty hard when he saw that flaming dude charging him. I assume there is some backstory to that with those big ass burn marks on his face.

Yeef

Pretty sure that was covered in Season 1 at the tournament. I don't remember the specifics though. Something about having to fight his brother.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Yeah, in Season 1 Littlefinger recounted to Sansa that The Hound got his scars when his brother Gregor (The Mountain) held his face into a fire.

Amir0x

Banned
yup. The Hound is really petrified of fire due to what his brother did to him as a kid, Gregor holding his face to the flaming coals as Sandor screamed in horrified pain

sl4yor

Neo Member
I was very fearful that the slash on Tyrion had sliced all the way through his head...

I don't think it did, his eye would have been cut if the slice was even remotely deep and his eye was fine. Like others have mentioned, I think he just passed out.

Moaradin

Damn the attention to detail on this show.

Also, who the fuck slashed Tyrion and why? He looked like he was one of the guards, not part of the Stannis fleet.

Amir0x

Banned
It was a member of the Kingsguard who turned on Tyrion, as you could tell from the armor. I'm not sure if the show will say explicitly who it is in the next episode, but we'll wait for episode 10 just in case.

It was a member of the Kingsguard who turned on Tyrion, as you could tell from the armor. I'm not sure if the show will say explicitly who it is in the next episode, but we'll wait for episode 10 just in case.

But we can assume it was the queen who ordered it right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

It was pretty funny seeing Tyrion's chubby little squire own that dude.

Amir0x

Banned
yeah it was, Snuggler. whatever you think about that guy turning on Tyrion, it's up for you to work that out... if I give you the answer, I can't live vicariously through your surprises :D

Amir0x

Banned
watching you guys is literally more enjoyable than the show itself. It's like enjoying the series all over again for the first time :)

What did you guys think of that sick wildfire explosion? That shit was so insane lookin', goddamn

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The show DID tell you who it was.

watching you guys is literally more enjoyable than the show itself. It's like enjoying the series all over again for the first time :)

What did you guys think of that sick wildfire explosion? That shit was so insane lookin', goddamn

I'm stunned at how well it was done, I was expecting something pretty meh. Pretty obvious why there weren't many dragon scenes this season.

Moaradin

I was totally surprised at the sheer scope of everything in this episode. It felt like the whole season was building up for just this moment and it paid off immensely. Love this episode so much.

Amir0x

Banned
The show DID tell you who it was.

must have done it pretty quick... even I missed it :<

I'm stunned at how well it was done, I was expecting something pretty meh. Pretty obvious why there weren't many dragon scenes this season.

I was too, honestly. I've seen 'decent-ish' battle scenes in Borgias, which I felt was comparable to what we'd get with this episode. But that wildfire explosion just was superb. If you see other shows with explosions before, like at the end of season 1 of Walking Dead, it's usually pathetic. It's not easy to pull off a convincing explosion, let alone one as large scale as that.

That was the best moment of the episode for me.

Amazing! I don't know how much that cost HBO but every penny was on the screen.

Apparently the explosion scene itself cost like $7,000,000

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bronn was fuckin' clutch too. Launched the arrow that set off the inferno, saved the hound's dumb ass and chopped up a few suckers. Such a pimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom