• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I finally catched up. It was a good episode, but very slow and lacking some real meat. At least it allowed the writers to flesh out some characters that required attention, such as Yara and Talisa.

Random picks and musings:

• Theon still gets no respect. I approve.
UCM18.jpg

• Lord O'Bones wears an interesting mask. That is certainly not a human skull...
Vg8fA.jpg

• Why would Catelyn not tell his son that she just saved Jaime from being lynched? The fuck.
  • The banter between Jaime and Brienne was AMAZING. I love how they are fleshing out those two.
  • Arya's arc feels a bit weird, but I like her relationship with Jaquen. You can tell he already thinks she's going to be a royal pain in the ass... Somebody needs to give the part where Jaquen says "a girl lacks honor" and she just shrugs like "look at the fucks I give".
  • Tywin running towards Winterfell is very worrying. I hope Roose's bastard can arrive before him, otherwise shit may go down. And to make things worst Theon may not get his just desserts if he runs back to Pyke with his sister... FUCK.
  • Bronn and Tyrion are always good for a laugh. I love Bronn's little war stories and his spirited monologues.
  • Dragon glass. WTF?
  • Lena Headey haters can suck it; she was magnificent in last week's episode. Cersei's joy at Tyrion's suffering was portrayed with sadistic realness and so was Tyrions comeback. Shae may be safe (for how long?) but the little lord won't forget it. I also like how Cersei thinks she's smarter than she is. "Power is power".
  • Oona Chaplin.
iyLa4kwD14519.gif

Nuff said.

• Did somebody else notice that Robb is exactly like his father? He may be a man of honor, but just like Ned did before him, he broke his bows with a stranger...
  • Stannis and his right hand were also amazing. Their conversation was one of the highlights of the episode.
JZJVN.jpg

Right on, Stannis.
  • Bonus points awarded to Varys for being awesome as always.
tumblr_m4dl5wHcDd1r23joco1_250.gif
tumblr_m4dl5wHcDd1r23joco2_250.gif

tumblr_m4dl5wHcDd1r23joco3_250.gif
tumblr_m4dl5wHcDd1r23joco4_250.gif

Man

The way Oona raises her feet there is so female.
Men are teached to raise their knees while women do those kicks. Hot.

Dariee

Chaplin has a hot look for sure, but I just have to say that the haircut of Robb is simply.. damn amazing. Those big curls; do want!

It's like the two most popular kids from high school hooking up.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Season 2's soundtrack has what it looks like one MASSIVE spoiler. Avoid it. The name of the last track could basically ruin the season finale for many people.

I'm engorged.

Actual spoiler for those who dare:
21. Three Blasts (2:40)

Dariee

I'm rather glad to have been warned not to view the titles of the music score. Seems like a relevant mentioning of what spoilers we have to avoid.|

So thank you.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I assume you mean Season 2 soundtrack?

Just wondering, why doesn't Melisandre send her shadow things to kill Joffrey and well...everyone?

1 time use or what?

Well if it only works as an assassin (like, it just can kill one person etc.), assassinating Joffrey would not help much. This would not give him the throne as now all the wannabe-kings will still fight each other.

Shadow-Assassinating his brother made sense, because in that case the "enemy" troops were just like "oh well, there's still that other brother". Even more so as he didn't had to lose troops first and people might hate him for "officially" defeating/killing his brother.

That pic-quote: I love it. So much sense.

Right? So many earlier complaints on this board, and every... single... scene... was relevant.

People were harping about the gratuitous sex yet conveniently ignored those scenes where it **wasn't** gratuitous... yet HBO had full opportunity to do so but didn't.

I'm rather glad to have been warned not to view the titles of the music score. Seems like a relevant mentioning of what spoilers we have to avoid.|

So thank you.
Yup, same thing happened to me on the Star Wars prequel 1, back when I thought it would matter to me. I remember because my friends and I were upset that we'd seen the song title (SW1 spoiler)
"Quigon's death"
(or whatever it was called) a week before we saw the movie.

Raist

Banned
I think that was 'WTF were you thinking pushing him out of the window'. It would still make sense if it was Jamie to hide his actions but since they used Tyrion's knife, they were trying to blame him and I don't see Jamie doing that.

Right so I decied to go through a S1 marathon tonight abd that came up in episode 3. Once they're all in King's landing and everyone just got news that Bran woke up. So I do think it's implied that Jaime hired the assassin and gave him the dagger. It does indeed make little sense, but given how they're portraying him in the show I guess it's "consistent".

JGS

Banned
That's what I thought, honestly.

No explanation for the how and why, though.
I'm pretty sure shadow baby needed Stannis (It looked like Stannis) since they made a point to show them having sex and her asking to have his kid. I don't know if Stannis was thinking shadow baby at the time, but I think it's meant to connect to the birth of it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man Oona and Kit are both adults, I bet they fuck like fucking rabbits every day on set. just because they can

If we are going the fanfic route, I'd say she's rubbing nasties with Richard Madden. There's not a single scene with both of them in which Robb Stark is not eyefucking her like some lecherous mad man.

I don't even know how he coud restraint himself during that part. Which BTW, I liked very much. It was the tenderest and most sincere sex scene of the entire series so far.

Amir0x

Banned
If we are going the fanfic route, I'd say she's rubbing nasties with Richard Madden. There's not a single scene with both of them in which Robb Stark is not eyefucking her like some lecherous mad man.

I don't even know how he coud restraint himself during that part. Which BTW, I liked very much. It was the tenderest and most sincere sex scene of the entire series so far.

Richard Madden is all pissed 'cause Oona went for Kit, don't be mad.

aceface

Richard Madden is with the chick who is the new companion on Dr. Who I think.

url

Look on his face says "I'm a fucking boss." Or alternatively, "King in the north, bitches."

Duki

Banned
So Varys and Illyrio did a complete flip and changed their minds? I don't remember that bit. Was it ever clear why they wanted the Targaeryns to retake the the throne in the first place, so why they arranged for her marriage to Drogo etc.

we dont know the answer yet

we dont know whose side hes on

in either situation he had to do what he was told or it would be suspect

he might still go either way on being on dany's side or on kings landing's side

CLEEK

Man Oona and Kit are both adults, I bet they fuck like fucking rabbits every day on set. just because they can

I'm no TV producer, but I'm pretty sure that Kit's scenes are not being filmed in the same place as Oona's. It's not like they finish the scene with Robb's troops then get the artificial snow blower to turn the same field into the frozen north.

Outside of publicity events, there would be large chunks of the cast who never have scenes together, or even film their bits in the same country.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Best part of the series for me so far.

Goosebumps all over my buddy.
I just finished the book today and I got goosebumps when reading that part. It's my favorite part as well, the music in the background was perfect when they were cheering.

THE KING IN THE NORTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom