• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
S10 preview comment
So Sansa doesn't make it to Winterfell
?

That's what I'm wondering

I'm pissed and happy at the same time. Tyrion is awesome but fuck Lannisters...

Seriously.

-_-
Tywins pretty badass too....though unlike characters like Al Swearengen, Tywin so far hasn't shown enough redeeming qualities to make him an antihero or to have me begin to cheer for him over characters that are more in line as a "good guy."

He's like my Bill the Butcher of this series. Brilliant, badass character that probably needs to die eventually, but I can't get enough of him until then.

iNvid02

only one ep left

INWH0.gif

The wait for season 3 is going to be the most brutal TV wait ever

I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'm considering attempting to freeze myself like Cartman.

This fucking episode, man. The Wildfire explosion alone had me with a :O face the entire time, and then the battle, and then Stannis, and then Tyrion, argh!

I didn't expect Tywin and Loras to come save the day. I thought this was in the bag for Stannis. Even with the Wildfire, there were just SO MANY with him, I figured it was only a matter of time before they overwhelmed Kings Landing.

And I almost cried when The Hound offered to take Sansa home. Argh, it's too much. HOW CAN THEY TOP THIS SEASON?

It's gonna be a long 10 months. :(

Balehead

Great episode, the explosion alone was incredible.

Didn't think Tywin would show up there, I was sure he was going to fight Robb. I hope it's because he was onto Arya.

ARRRGGHHH!
I'm so pumped up after watching that!
I'm glad they knew where to put the budget, that was much more of a battle than I thought we would get.
When Cercei got that poison I kept thinking she was going to kill Sansa with it. Crazy that the Hound was just ripping everyone in two but had a breakdown from all the fire around him (I guess from his childhood).
Everyone screaming 'Half-man, Half-man!" was the best part. Bronn seems to have been left outside after everyone went in and we didn't see him again. I don't think he's dead but I wonder what happened. With the Tyrell's showing up at the end with Tywin, it seems a deal was cut based on their hatred of Stannis. I kind of hope they decide to end the engagement to Sansa and get Renly's ex in there instead. Her and Cercei making back handed comments to each other constantly would just sweeten the next season.

iNvid02

no doubt, but there are some other shows i've been missing, hopefully all of them combined will be enough to take my mind off game of thrones

dexter should be good with how last season ended, still find true blood fun, breaking bad's last season should be something special, futurama is like the
new simpsons and i'm looking forward to homeland quite a bit - its important to have that time to "miss" a show, when its back it feels fresh and awesome

take note games/sequels

- true blood
- dexter
- homeland
- breaking bad
- futurama

looks like tywin's army just got a lot bigger.. i haven't read the book so im not sure how this effects the war efforts against the starks

Pezking

Promo discussion
I hope that preview doesn't indicate what I think it does. That Sansa doesn't escape with The Hound. Damnit can't that girl catch a break?

In the promo, only Littlefinger is shown with Sansa, right? I can imagine him appreciating her disapperance. After all, he suggested a marriage between Margaery and Joffrey to Tywin. If Sansa escaped, they wouldn't have to get their hands dirty in order for that Tyrell-Lannister-Wedding to happen.

Volimar

ARRRGGHHH!
I'm so pumped up after watching that!
I'm glad they knew where to put the budget, that was much more of a battle than I thought we would get.
When Cercei got that poison I kept thinking she was going to kill Sansa with it
. Crazy that the Hound was just ripping everyone in two but had a breakdown from all the fire around him (I guess from his childhood).
Everyone screaming 'Half-man, Half-man!" was the best part. Bronn seems to have been left outside after everyone went in and we didn't see him again. I don't think he's dead but I wonder what happened. With the Tyrell's showing up at the end with Tywin, it seems a deal was cut based on their hatred of Stannis. I kind of hope they decide to end the engagement to Sansa and get Renly's ex in there instead. Her and Cercei making back handed comments to each other constantly would just sweeten the next season.

I thought the poison was in the wine and Cersei was trying to kill them both with it, and that's why she kept shoving the wine on her.

That was...

AMAZING!

I felt seriously scared for Tyrion, is he okay? What a fucking hero.

But I'm also disappointed that Stannis didn't get the throne.

Al-ibn Kermit

Cersei probably didn't put the hit out on Tyrion. She wouldn't want to kill Tyrion in the middle of battle as that would leave her son without guidance, and increase his chances of being killed.

Most likely, it was Joffrey who ordered it. He was sick of getting smacked around and being called a dumbass, and a hectic battle would be the best place to kill Tyrion without upsetting granddaddy Tywin.

The thing is, now Tyrion knows this. He can just say that that Kingsguard dude died in battle, not that his squire killed him. He can hold onto this bit of news and figure out a plan to actually get rid of Joffrey.

Anyways, I think onion knight will still survive. He'll be diffferent though.

One thing that's confusing me: didn't they show a glimpse of Qarth in the beginning intro sequence? But there were no Qarth scenes in this episode.

GCX

One thing that's confusing me: didn't they show a glimpse of Qarth in the beginning intro sequence? But there were no Qarth scenes in this episode.
Well it would've been pretty boring intro if the camera would've just hovered around King's Landing. I mean it also showed Winterfell/Harrenhall/Pyke/The Wall and they weren't in the episode either.

God DAMN. That was fucking epic. The most epic episode of any TV show I've seen.

The explosion was incredible, the violence and gore was shockingly good, the pacing and editing was just perfect.

I just want to live in a world where HBO doubles the budgest for Season 3 and hires this man for every single episode.

Neil-Marshall.jpg

Enco

That was great.

I hate two things though:

1. Why the FUCK didn't Sansa go with the Hound? How fucking moronic
2. Lannisters win

Vlodril

That was brilliant. Tyrion is boss. Stannis is Boss. Davos is Boss. Tywin is Boss. Well i could go on i guess (bronnnnn).

I just love the way bronn fights. So efficient. Graceful even due to his efficiency.

Also that explosion was eyegasm. Best thing i have seen on tv.

Famassu

1. Why the FUCK didn't Sansa go with the Hound? How fucking moronic
2. Lannisters win
I'm sure that if you were a 14-16 year old girl and in those circumstances, you'd run off with a character who, for most of the time, has shown to be a bit of a crazy, murderous person (apart from a few instances when he treated Sansa decently) in a situation where there's a huge battle being fought outside.

GorillaJu

That episode was pure intensity, from start to finish. Such great stuff. You truly never knew who was going to win the battle at any point - it just kept shifting and keeping you on your toes.

Tyrion is a hero, Tywin is a badass, etc. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

I was sad to see Stannis lose the battle because I liked his resolve and determination, and his faith in his friend (Davos), but I have a feeling it's simply not over with him yet. He didn't die, and he didn't use any magic - we didn't see anything from Elesandra (or whatever her name is), so there may be more fighting yet to come if he resorts to her (which I'm certain he will).

And Loras showing up at the end was a huge surprise. I wonder what his role is going to be in this whole mess now.

One thing is for certain - Stannis's and Joffrey's army killed off a shit load of each other. Fewer enemies in Robb's way, for that inevitable fight.

DKehoe

Didn't expect Stannis to be captured. That will make things very interesting. Fantastic episode overall. Tyrion, don't you dare die on me.

faust666

I can assure you that my comment reveals zero percent of even one detail of how anything turns out in the books. I was just fantasizing entirely as if I was only a watcher of the show. :)

And yet you still fail to grasp how posting something that will definitely not happen is in fact a spoiler in and of itself.

Massa

Stannis being captured was sad. :( The guy is a badass and deserved to be king.

Last Baratheon standing. Is his wife still alive?

Martian

Fucking awesome!

The battle was well thought out, and I'm glad no one important died.
I loved the way how Tywin bad-assed this episode, but where did that boyfriend of Renly come from? He isn't a Lannister right? Or did he just want to murder Stannis Baratheon.

I was hoping Sansa would escape, and this episode seemed to confirm this.

Where is the ghost Mellisandre gave birth to? Kind of lame to just use it in one episode.

This episode surely had some awesome moments. I whatthefucked when the boyfriend of Renly (I forget) entered. And the green fire scene was one of the best this season.

Unfortunately: only one episode left. Better make it count HBO!

defel

I wonder whether Tywin will seize the throne from Joffrey. He knows that Joffrey has no more or less right to the throne than anyone else. I imagine that the people of Kings Landing will believe that power resides with Tyrion, he will have earned their respect after that battle. (ofc assuming that he is still alive which Im fairly sure is the case).

ShaneB

Man, like most people I'm conflicted, fuck the Lannisters, but man, Tyrion is so awesome so I hope he is ok, and Tywin is awesome too with that brooding voice. I always want more of them.

Such a terrific episode, and the finale next week will be all sorts of incredible.

I did start reading the books now, so I can't imagine having to wait so long for season 3.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I'm glad that Joffrey is such a wimp because it makes Tyrion look that much better now. Tyrion's a f**king war hero and he's gonna have a scar to show for it. Joffrey doesn't deserve to die in battle either, so it's all for the best that he retreated back to his chambers to die another day, pitifully.

Only one more episode, guys. I both do and don't want to watch it. Fuck this series is good.

Overdoziz

Banned
This episode was so fucking amazing. Only thing that felt a bit off was when Tyrion and his soldiers killed all the men at the gate in under 10 seconds. Still one of the best episodes in both seasons though.

Amir0x

Banned
Cpt. Underpants said:
Blackwater episode is awesome, I kinda felt okay that Dany wasn't in that episode

Man, I felt relieved I didn't have to see Dany in this episode. Fuckin' showrunners make her say "I AM THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS" or "I WANT MY DRAGONS" one more goddamn time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom