• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
y8oOF.jpg

OMG

That Joss quote made me laugh hard.

MutFox

Banned
How many episodes are left?

I had a huge grin that last episode once the battle started with the explosion...
That was a better battle scene then most movies. :p

Anything else we can talk about besides her epicly amazing ass?
What do you think is Robb's next move?
Fuck it lets talk about that nice booty!

gibut

Anything else we can talk about besides her epicly amazing ass?
What do you think is Robb's next move?
Fuck it lets talk about that nice booty!

Well I'm pretty sure Robb finds out about his brothers death this episode so he's going to be pissed off. I can see him marching south closer to the Iron Throne, I don't think he knows that Tywin moved his troops there to backup Kings Landing.

I'm confused about how people find Oona Chaplin attractive, shes pretty average.

Well I'm pretty sure Robb finds out about his brothers death this episode so he's going to be pissed off. I can see him marching south closer to the Iron Throne, I don't think he knows that Tywin moved his troops there to backup Kings Landing.

I'm confused about how people find Oona Chaplin attractive, shes pretty average.
Agreed. Dany is way nicer.

gibut

Lol i just hate her character so much on the show can't really find her good looking. I think she only hooks up with relatives anyway.

apana

I guess that makes a great reaction gif

arm7lvi.gif

Maise Williams E! True Hollywood Story. "She was a young actress on the path to success before a crippling cinnamon addiction changed everything."

edit: lol I didn't mean to post in this thread.

Let's see how it works in its natural environment...

Hey guys, I thought Blackwater was a RUBBISH episode!
No, no way. Now I know for sure people just come into the thread to shit on the show for no reason.

Even if you're not a fan of the show or if you hate some of the characters, you have to acknowledge that the last episode was a great one. The pacing, the acting, the writing, and the special effects were top notch. And you know this. Why would you come in here and try to convince people otherwise unless your only reason was to rile people up?

This is ridiculous, and I can't believe a person would be so small as to have to draw negative attention and anger from others just for some kind of fun or self-validation.

Er...my post was a set-up for the reaction .gif to be used (hence "let's see how it works in its natural environment")

Of course Blackwater was fucking awesome, jesus.

gibut

No, no way. Now I know for sure people just come into the thread to shit on the show for no reason.

Even if you're not a fan of the show or if you hate some of the characters, you have to acknowledge that the last episode was a great one. The pacing, the acting, the writing, and the special effects were top notch. And you know this. Why would you come in here and try to convince people otherwise unless your only reason was to rile people up?

This is ridiculous, and I can't believe a person would be so small as to have to draw negative attention and anger from others just for some kind of fun or self-validation.

Outside of the explosion nothing about the episode was all that great. Looked like there was 50 guys trying to breech the gate had no epicness to it. The Cersci Sansa scene were super dull, Cersci was just being stupid and drunk. Tyrion comes out behind the enemy troops for an ambush to then get ambushed by the enemy who for some reason wasn't trying to breakthrough the wall. Then they get saved Tywin and his troops just when all seems lost. Oh and the saved by the bell thing twice in one in episode.

ezrarh

Outside of the explosion nothing about the episode was all that great. Looked like there was 50 guys trying to breech the gate had no epicness to it. The Cersci Sansa scene were super dull, Cersci was just being stupid and drunk. Tyrion comes out behind the enemy troops for an ambush to then get ambushed by the enemy who for some reason wasn't trying to breakthrough the wall. Then they get saved Tywin and his troops just when all seems lost. Oh and the saved by the bell thing twice in one in episode.

arm7lvi.gif

Balehead

Oh and the saved by the bell thing twice in one in episode.

The saved by the bell moments bothered me as I commented earlier. I'd say there were 3 of them, Bronn & Hound + Cersei & Shae + Cersei & her son. It was way overused to create tension and felt out of place in a show like this.

On the other hand the scale of the battle and Cersei's drunken scenes didn't bother me.

You bring up some good points. Now that I've thought about it, it's kind of a weak episode.

J-Rod

It was good, but I wasn't particarly fond of this episode either. The action was very well done all things considered, but I appreciate the dialogue more, and there seemed to be less of that this episode to make time for the fighting. Cerci being a condescending shithead with nothing insightful to say as usual wasn't very engaging. All good, just not my personal favorite.

Bronn and Tyrions little exchange I thought was funny. "fancy for a sell-sword" "well I've been hanging around some fancy people"

Cyan

Banned
You guys are right. I've changed my mind; this episode was terrible. Crappy special effects (a green explosion? really?), crappy characters (oh, you're a killing machine.. but you're scurred of fire? wtf, came out of nowhere), crappy deus ex machina ending (Tywin clearly told Arya he was riding north to attack Winterfell).

This show sucks.

You guys are right. I've changed my mind; this episode was terrible. Crappy special effects (a green explosion? really?), crappy characters (oh, you're a killing machine.. but you're scurred of fire? wtf, came out of nowhere), crappy deus ex machina ending (Tywin clearly told Arya he was riding north to attack Winterfell).

This show sucks.

That guys' leg didn't really get cut off, it was just BS effects. Cronenburg that shit up or GTFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom