• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

There's a thread for that. Come on, don't you know the show bottomed out at episode 5.
EYcZE.gif

Nizz

No, no, people are just aping those that read the books and hate everything ever.
Ok, whew! I mean, there were some kind of awkward moments like Tyrion coming in from the rear and surprising Stannis' troops. But this has to have been one of my most favorite episodes yet.

Can't wait to see how they tie up the season. I hope it's similar to last season's finale. It ended more on a "holy hell, things are going to be crazy next season" more than a traditional cliffhanger.

Because some people's reading comprehension is as fucked up as the Lannister bloodline, I'll stress again: I LOVED BLACKWATER AND MY COMMENT WAS A JOKE SET-UP FOR THE 'ARYA CINNAMON .GIF'.

Ta.

Jonm1010

Banned
It was good, but I wasn't particarly fond of this episode either. The action was very well done all things considered, but I appreciate the dialogue more, and there seemed to be less of that this episode to make time for the fighting. Cerci being a condescending shithead with nothing insightful to say as usual wasn't very engaging. All good, just not my personal favorite.

Bronn and Tyrions little exchange I thought was funny. "fancy for a sell-sword" "well I've been hanging around some fancy people"

Next season needs two extra episodes. One that is 60 minutes of Bronn and Tyrion talking amongst each other and getting into all manner of mischief - no other main character story progression allowed. The second needs to feature Arya and Tywin arguing and talking with small interludes of arya talking to Jaquen and Jaquen killing folks.

Jon's scenes have improved tenfold since the introduction of Ygritte.
I'm done with the sarcasm for now. I find Ygritte super annoying. Jon Snow grew up with a bunch of brats, including Theon. I'm sure he should be more immune to teasing much more personal and annoying that that snobby wildling can provide. And he's been dealing with unwelcome boners since at least the age of 12, unless Westeros puberty is vastly different. The whole dynamic between them is very contrived and dishonest. It doesn't allow me to suspend my disbelief.

Rorschach

Jon's scenes have improved tenfold since the introduction of Ygritte.

Then more Ygritte and less Jon? Here here!

His scenes with her just make me want to punch him. He's so mind fucked by every word coming out of her mouth. I'd rather watch more Hodor wang than another second of Jon Stark staring off into the horizon.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hodor wang >>>> Theon ding dong.

At least you know sweet faced Hodor is not going to rape you.

Edit: Jon is a teenage virgin that sweared to remain untouched. For all we know he fears any form of sexual contact outside of marriage because he would hate to father a bastard and break his bows as a member of the nightwatch. Shit sucks. His pouty routine is about as tiresome as Dany's, but at least there's some reasoning behind it. Also, Ygritte is hilarious. Can't hate.

tumblr_m47kubaQcQ1r382gco4_r1_400.gif

Nizz

I'm hoping the finale solves one of the biggest mysteries for me on this show right now.... where the hell is Dany's missing handmaiden?

Volimar

I'm hoping the finale solves one of the biggest mysteries for me on this show right now.... where the hell is Dany's missing handmaiden?

I'm guessing that she's in the house of the undying. Maybe they should look for her in the house of the undying. I think a good place for Dany to go in the next episode is the house of the undying. I'm really tired of getting teased with the house of the undying...

gibut

The Jon and Dany story lines are the ones that i am most intrigued by. I want to know more about the whitewalkers and Dragons. Thing is those plot lines are developed very slowly, they seem to do a lot of character development and not much in pushing the plot line along.

Jorah Mormont is the best person on this show, so all of this tongue in cheek ness is quite amusing.

Dunno... I thought this was rather apt:

Ser Jorah is even a worse offender than Jon. Fuck him and his teary white knight shtick.

Not that I approach any level of vehemence as close as Funky Papa (nor do I even dislike the character)... it's just that Jorah is so... one-note.

His motivations are pure and (relatively) innocent, sure, but the bleeding-heart emphasis of his character has spanned almost two full seasons now with little to no variation.

Suffice it to say, when compared to the complexity and growth of other (even minor) characters, Jorah Mormont's kinda... boring.

Forkball

I was watching some clips from last season and thought of something. Margery (Renly's would be wife) seemed like she would be important, but she kinda disappeared after Renly died. I think I have a pretty good guess at where her story is going. I have no idea if this is true, but I'll spoiler it in case my guess is accurate:
Margery really wanted to be THE queen as she put it to Littlefinger, and Littlefinger made a note of this to Tywin in one episode. Now that the Tyrells seem to be aligned with the Lannisters, I bet they will try to marry Margery to Joffrey. Not sure where that leaves Sansa, but it would be an interesting turn of events.

I was watching some clips from last season and thought of something. Margery (Renly's would be wife) seemed like she would be important, but she kinda disappeared after Renly died. I think I have a pretty good guess at where her story is going. I have no idea if this is true, but I'll spoiler it in case my guess is accurate:
Margery really wanted to be THE queen as she put it to Littlefinger, and Littlefinger made a note of this to Tywin in one episode. Now that the Tyrells seem to be aligned with the Lannisters, I bet they will try to marry Margery to Joffrey. Not sure where that leaves Sansa, but it would be an interesting turn of events.

Yeah, this definitely seems like what will happen, but it'll be a little weird. How old is she meant to be?

Ogni-XR21

I hope Theon dies in the season finale. Other than that I don't have any expectations. If there is some great finale I'll be happy but a nice epilogue to send us off into season 3 would be fine too.

Well I am expecting something to happen with the Dany plot... I guess she will get the dragons back.

In the end it almost never turns out the way I think it does.

JGS

Banned
Although I would be overjoyed with a Theon death marked by flaying, a Lannister really needs to croak at this point. Any of them will do. I would be fine with the cousin Cercei is sleeping with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom