• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise |OT| of touching down in HD

TGMIII

IrishNinja said:
arrgh any pointers on handling
jeane
on bitter? i can get to the end of phase 2/3 lately, really just wanna tie up this playthrough and get through very sweet mop-up.

speaking of, i apparently missed a card somewhere (?), despite my best efforts - guess ill check when im back at travis' apt, unless the trophy unlocks later?

*edit wait wait wait...the pink icons on the map are cards?! how do i dig for them?

You can press circle over them while on the bike or on foot. As for the boss
jeane isn't too hard, just dodge her rush attack and learn to dodge the stomp on sight. Other than that she'll attack up close with 4 hits, the 3rd will be an overhead kick. Dodge this and attack her to stun her, then instead of doing a wrestling move just attack once more and then block, this will force her to start the string over again. Again just dodging the dash takes care of most of the fight.

IrishNinja

ah! if i can loop that, i should be golden. just got worried since in phase 2 that rush adds a slide that catches me sometimes. either way, thanks man.

also: i don't have to fight the real ending boss on bitter, do i? sounds tedious as hell, might just watch the lesser ending and move on to the 3rd playthrough.

IrishNinja said:
ah! if i can loop that, i should be golden. just got worried since in phase 2 that rush adds a slide that catches me sometimes. either way, thanks man.

also: i don't have to fight the real ending boss on bitter, do i? sounds tedious as hell, might just watch the lesser ending and move on to the 3rd playthrough.

The real ending is only viewable when he's beaten on bitter or mild

IrishNinja said:
arrgh any pointers on handling
jeane
on bitter? i can get to the end of phase 2/3 lately, really just wanna tie up this playthrough and get through very sweet mop-up.

speaking of, i apparently missed a card somewhere (?), despite my best efforts - guess ill check when im back at travis' apt, unless the trophy unlocks later?

*edit wait wait wait...the pink icons on the map are cards?! how do i dig for them?

If you have the Mark III katana with the infinite energy component it makes that fight so easy and mostly effortless. As soon as the battle starts, run towards her. As soon as she starts moving, or perhaps a bit earlier, charge your beam katana. Once in range, unleash several hits by tapping square (if you're using DS3). You basically have to repeat this process, but make sure you're at a pretty good distance when she's doing her combo. Another strategy involves darkstep. Block her attacks with the katana while circling the left analog stick. Hopefully, you'll enter darkstep and if so, hit her with a kick or punch. You should be able to stun her with his, but DO NOT try to use a wrestling move on her because she will counter it and hurt you. Instead, use that brief period of time to get a few hits on her. You may need to have completed all training sessions at Thunder Ryu's dojo for the stuns attacks to be effective.

I hope that helps in some way.

IrishNinja said:

Here's a few pointers for that boss. Darkstep is your friend. Use it while he's doing that fast-paced attack. If you do it right, you can get several hits on him, and if you keep hitting attack he will block your hits and do that attack again. It allows you to keep him close (to avoid that instant-kill attack) and allows you to continue unleashing your fury. If he does manage to use the instant-kill attack, there's still hope for you, but you need to be quick. You'll know when it's about to happen when he utters a phrase and strikes a pose while glowing. Watch for his hand to move to his sword, you have a couple seconds to dodge to the side and avoid it. Doing so will allow you to strike him for a few hits and even get him to continue that fast attack I mentioned earlier. Don't expect it to be a quick battle. It still takes 7-10 minutes even if you know how to fight him.

Koyuga

Just got this in the mail from Amazon yesterday, and I'm loving it. Beat the first two bosses, but now I'm very reluctant to play any more without getting the Move controller first. Since it didn't use the point on the Wii, I'm sure this game will control great with Move.

Just got this in the mail from Amazon yesterday, and I'm loving it. Beat the first two bosses, but now I'm very reluctant to play any more without getting the Move controller first. Since it didn't use the point on the Wii, I'm sure this game will control great with Move.
Glad you like it. Please share more or ask if you need help

Christine

Don't expect it to be a quick battle. It still takes 7-10 minutes even if you know how to fight him.

You can make it quick if you have the Tsubaki MkIII. Darkstep, hit him 1-2 times until he staggers and then stop swinging. He'll counter the 4th or 5th hit on your combo so it's important to stop attacking before he does this.

Once you've got him doing the reel/stagger animation in slow motion, you can hit him with a fully charged low strike combo that will chop a huge piece off his health bar.

I just fired this up with Move controls last night. Wow, charging the beam katana is so... unresponsive. It's like he only does half the jerks that I motion. This was super frustrating because, well, you're vulnerable while charging and my hands went up in the air when I got hit during this. I changed the difficulty from Mild to Sweet. I've got nothing to prove because I beat Mild NMH on my Wii playthrough.

The real ending is only viewable when he's beaten on bitter or mild

I'm not sure if this is true, I watched a friend get the real ending on Sweet, but on Wii, so unless they changed it or my memory is wrong... You just need all (or the last) beam katanas from Naomi

It's a shame it's just a (great) port with Move adaptability... I would absolutely die to see what Suda (as director, fuck his producer roles) can think of with Motion+ or Move from the ground up.

No More Heroes better show up on Wii+ (and then port it to PS3).

Top Bottom