• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia 928 - coming to Verizon 5/16 - $99.99 w/$25 app store credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Like this fan mockup of what a red verizon 928 would have looked like (now we now glass goes to edge of screen, but still)

Seriously. I'd stab myself in the eye with a spork for that.

Good gosh!

Also, how come no one has made a "$25? I can buy the whole app store for that" comment yet?

And you guys need to stop with the amateur stuff and get a Verge-approved phone:

Joshua Topolsky ‏@joshuatopolsky 20m
I'm getting an Asha 501.

kharma45

How many Verizon logos on the back?

Just a 4G LTE one

Nokia-Lumia-928-white.jpg

Milchjon

WPCentral on the battery:

Those radios coupled with the AMOLED screen make a difference when it comes to the battery. While both phones lay claim to a 2000 mAh battery, the 928's operates at 3.41 Volts - lower than the 920's 3.7 Volts. Neither battery is removable, being tightly packed inside the hacker unfriendly unibody polycarbonate case. The 920's no slouch when it comes to battery life, but the 928's stated battery life is simply superior.

We're looking at 541 hours of 3G standby (up by 221 hours), 16.2 hours of talk time (up by 7 hours), and 80 hours of music playback (up from 5.2 hours). Of course, we'll have to get our hands on a 928 for a thorough review before we can say whether such absurdly long battery life really is possible with so much about the 928 being the same as the 920.

kharma45

Bodes well hopefully, that was one common criticism of the 920. Although when I had it I found the battery lasted perfectly fine.

markot

Banned
I guess it makes sense you'd be easily amused, I mean you own Windows phones so you can't have high expectations...

Courage

Bodes well hopefully, that was one common criticism of the 920. Although when I had it I found the battery lasted perfectly fine.

Same here. I was also fortunate enough to not get a defective model like a lot of people did during the launch of the phone.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Played with one and it was amaze balls. If I had Verizon I would own one now. Speaker and grip are excellent.

Barmaley

Neo Member
Gawd, why amoled? Why?! After having my omnia 7 suffer from some nasty burn-ins I'm won't be going anywhere near this technology again.

AkuMifune

Banned
I like the 928 in white.

Still holding out hope for more announced colors tomorrow, but I can't decide. I think I would like it a lot more if the edges of the front were white as well. As is, kind of an odd mix of black front, white rear.

There's some kind of Khloe Kardashian joke in there somewhere.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Meeeeeeh. The 920 is so much prettier.

Now I'm torn again because of improved weight, thickness, speakers, mics, screen and flash vs. vastly inferior looks.

Huge improvement in functionality isn't enough to offset a perceived downgrade in aesthetics? I will never understand why so many of you give a shit what your phone looks like just sitting on a table. The iPhone 5 is technically "prettier" than my Galaxy S3, but I couldn't care less because the functionality is so, so much worse (for me). Good grief.

Milchjon

Huge improvement in functionality isn't enough to offset a perceived downgrade in aesthetics? I will never understand why so many of you give a shit what your phone looks like just sitting on a table. The iPhone 5 is technically "prettier" than my Galaxy S3, but I couldn't care less because the functionality is so, so much worse (for me). Good grief.

It's key for me. It's why I waited a year for a nice WP7 device. It's why I overpaid for my cyan Lumia 800. And it's why I wouldn't trade my 800 for a GS4.

GQman2121

Banned
So no HTC One or anything from Sony on Verizon this summer. Just the SG4 and this phone which is guaranteed to be loaded with all of Verizons fun applications that just love to update, ask to update and then just randomly update all on their own.

I can't wait to move to TM.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So no HTC One or anything from Sony on Verizon this summer. Just the SG4 and this phone which is guaranteed to be loaded with all of Verizons fun applications that just love to update, ask to update and then just randomly update all on their own.

Removing the preloaded apps is super easy in WP and once they are gone they are gone.

Yeah...any apps from the carrier that come preinstalled can be instantly uninstalled on windows phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom