• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

12-18"...ughhhhhhh

I don't mind a day or two off of work, but shoveling out my car is going to suuuuuuck.

Schmitty

The subways in NYC were fine the last storm we had but I will not be risking getting stuck there if I can work from home.

A blizzard warning is serious business

E92 M3

The numbers keep changing - I'd love to have 18+ inches or at least 12. Shoveling snow is fun and I have snow blower for the larger sections.

Did this just change? Was watching the weather channel earlier this morning and they said 1-3. Things are looking up, if so!

Edit: nvm checked again and the 1-3 is for tonight, with another 1-3 tomorrow.

The nice little cut out around Pittsburgh is my favorite part of this snowpocalypse.

I'm still gonna be a baby about it.

But yeah I saw 4-8 on the advisory from wunderground.

Mahonay

Banned
We're supposed to get a foot to a foot and a half here in NYC. Hoping the girlfriend and I both have the day off on Tuesday.

Futureman

Did this just change? Was watching the weather channel earlier this morning and they said 1-3. Things are looking up, if so!

Edit: nvm checked again and the 1-3 is for tonight, with another 1-3 tomorrow.

yea I'm going off the weather app on my phone, it has a weather advisory posted. I hope we get no snow and a warm front blows through and it's 70 degrees tomorrow
:)

TreIII

Columbia, MD. Braved Walmart crowds on Saturday, so that I'd be set for the next few days.

But between being sick and the stuff on its way, I'm more than looking forward to at least taking one day off and working the rest from home.

smisk

Last I heard is 3-6" here in the DC area. And it's supposed to start out as rain this evening so I doubt major roads are going to be bad. Just enough to be annoying, not enough that I can in good conscience stay home from work :/

gryvan

Amazon said my snowblower will be arriving earliest in the morning...ugh now its gonna be 18-20...i dont know if they can make it

I'm picturing myself nice and cozy at work, sipping hot cocoa, smoking cigarettes, and getting paid for doing nothing because there won't be any customers. I'm giddy like a schoolboy

This is how I feel. We got a bit of downtime. Grinding today to have nothing to do tomorrow.

Jakoo

I was supposed to travel to DC to work out of the home office for a couple of days this week.

Im trying to get the trip canceled. It doesn't make since to work out of the "home office" when everyone else will just be working from home!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Central MD gradually being downgraded to 5-9 inches total. Expecting it to continue to fall as they overestimate 90% of the time here.

Salaadin

In the 12 to 18 range and it looks like I have to work. Shit fucking sucks. Hopefully I'll be out mid morning or the storm misses us.

Sonicbug

Sitting here hoping that the executive committee of weather in my office decides to close the building tomorrow. I'm in the 'probably 8 inches' band, but I'm worried more about loosing power.

That would really cut into my fuck off and game all day time.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
During the last snowstorm that hit NYC earlier in the year I had to go to work. I'm not coming in on Tuesday if it's expected to be worse. Fuck that.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Apparently this the dreaded wet snow. This aint cookie cutter, powdery goodness. This is the shit that'll make your soul burn slow.

Culex

Banned
I'm in the 20-inch curtain for CT. My bank already closed for tomorrow so I know it's going to bad!

WTNH or go to Southern Ct weather on Facebook.

Sylas

Brooklyn and really hoping we don't get any power outages tomorrow. Uuuugh. We didn't get any last year during that crazy storm, but still.

The perils of having a house by a lake during the winter.

Brooklyn and really hoping we don't get any power outages tomorrow. Uuuugh. We didn't get any last year during that crazy storm, but still.

Are power outages normal for blizzards? I've lived in the Bronx for a bit, but haven't had a power outage due to weather yet.

It's almost guaranteed to close tomorrow at least. Tonight's storm is far worse than the one a month ago.
With CUNY you never know. Last storm it was closed though so I'm hopeful.
I live in Brooklyn and we've never had a power outage from a blizzard recently.

3 hours of Switch... Kind of wish I had a USB backup battery right about now.

Same. I wonder if I could buy one in a store today...

Howard is right on the cutoff. Will be "working from home" tomorrow regardless. We'll see how it goes.

Northern Montgomery here, which looks to be one of the heavier hit regions based on CWG's map. The plan is to get snowed in at the parents' because they will need assistance digging out.

NandoGip

Boston over here. My job is so shitty, they pretend up until the absolute last second as if we're going to work. Like literally I won't hear if I have the day off until the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom