• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Carolina GOP headquarters firebombed | Investigation underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I'm not the only one to wonder if their own base did this as a way to try and come off better than the other side.
mou.png

Lubricus

Doesn't matter how much it would "make sense" of it being caused by a GOP'er, making those assumptions with no evidence, just ruins everything for everyone.

You hate it when GOP'ers make outrageous claims about Clinton without any evidence? Then be the better person and keep that sensationalist fluff out of the discourse.

Exactly.

Meanwhile:
http://bangordailynews.com/2016/10/15/news/bangor/vandals-spray-paint-at-least-20-vehicles-outside-trump-rally-in-bangor/

BANGOR, Maine — Police said on Sunday that no one has been charged in connection with an act of vandalism that left several cars marked with white spray paint outside Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s Saturday rally in Bangor.

Isn't this the NC GOP headquarter? What does the county voting habits have to do with the building's location?
I mentioned the state of NC and all of its fucked up backwards laws being why a dem would go over the edge and he quotes a counties voting record. I have no idea what conversation he's having but it's not the same as the one I'm having.

sonicmj1

Just one or two examples.

With Violence

The anti-Trump protests in San Jose back in June, where a number of Trump supporters were assaulted by protesters.

The left in the US usually isn't violent, but it can happen. Any ideology can fall victim to this kind of thinking. Which is why we always need to stand against violence, not attempt to shift the blame before there are any real facts. No matter who carried out this attack or what motivated them, it is unacceptable.

Threats and violent intimidation have no place in our democracy, no matter where they come from.

I'm so depressed by this election that my first thought when seeing this is "I bet they did it to themselves." Looks like I wasn't the only one, either.

I'm not saying they did though, and thank god nobody was hurt. I'll echo the others saying this is absolutely NOT how you get things done and I hope those responsible are caught and punished. Imagine if there had been anyone inside? Jesus.

How do police go about finding out who did it in a situation like this? I'd imagine there's just tons of fingerprints all over the damn place since obviously that's a place where lots of people meet and work. Do they just lift whatever prints they can* and start calling everyone in for questioning? Maybe some nearby security cameras caught something?

*I am assuming the stuff I've seen in movies/TV about prints being like "burned in" to objects is real, I honestly have no idea if it is or not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, thanks to Trump and his psychotic supporters, I'd totally believe this was one of his disgruntled supporters.

How has North Carolina Republican support for Trump been?

I'm so depressed by this election that my first thought when seeing this is "I bet they did it to themselves." Looks like I wasn't the only one, either.

I'm not saying they did though, and thank god nobody was hurt. I'll echo the others saying this is absolutely NOT how you get things done and I hope those responsible are caught and punished. Imagine if there had been anyone inside? Jesus.

How do police go about finding out who did it in a situation like this? I'd imagine there's just tons of fingerprints all over the damn place since obviously that's a place where lots of people meet and work. Do they just lift whatever prints they can* and start calling everyone in for questioning? Maybe some nearby security cameras caught something?

*I am assuming the stuff I've seen in movies/TV about prints being like "burned in" to objects is real, I honestly have no idea if it is or not.

I assume they'll ask around to see if neighbors had seen anything suspicious, and also consult their own files to see if anyone lives nearby whose had a record of arson or vandalism. Physical evidence at the scene can also help, though that's assuming the fire didn't destroy it.

Who is that?

In 2008 she made headlines by claiming a black man had held her down and carved a "B" in her face, for "Barack." But as the picture shows, the B was backwards, which conflicted with her story on how her attacker had pinned her. It eventually came out (and several had guessed) that she had carved the B herself, and it came out backwards because she was doing it with help from a mirror.

Sulik2

As long as no one was hurt, my gut reaction to this is "Good." I hate how this election has shifted my thinking.

LOCK

This is the Orange County GOP not the NC GOP headcourters. Very odd word choice by that article.

Either way, finding out who did this is going to be interesting.

Clefargle

Not good, this reflects poorly on anyone considering themselves "liberal". I denounce it and hope no more violence comes of this

rjinaz

As long as no one was hurt, my gut reaction to this is "Good." I hate how this election has shifted my thinking.

No, this is not good. Somebody could have died even if nobody did. Messing with fire, could have spread. Money and property was lost, and for what? If anything this does the exact opposite of whatever was the arsonist's point.

Not good at all.

Not good, this reflects poorly on anyone considering themselves "liberal". I denounce it and hope no more violence comes of this

Nah.

Putin blew up an appartment building and framed, blamed the bombing on Chechnians in the pretext to attack Chechnia and to propel his party up in the polls

this is so Putin like tactics

Ick, yeah. That's a pretty shit thing to do. Even if I didn't like someone, I wouldn't have a desire to put their lives at risk. Not to mention the potential that the fire could have possibly spread out of control.

lol if you think Republicans have been the most threatening this election.

49215646.cached.jpg

rjinaz

lol if you think Republicans have been the most threatening this election.

Keep laughing at me I guess because I most certainly do. I don't see Hillary getting on a stage making threats like Trump does and telling people things are rigged and to show up at voting to make sure nothing is going on. Trump alone is more threatening this election than anything Democratic supporters may have done.

Keep laughing at me I guess because I most certainly do. I don't see Hillary getting on a stage making threats like Trump does and telling people things are rigged and to show up at voting to make sure nothing is going on. Trump alone is more threatening this election than anything Democratic supporters may have done.

Seriously. How many people have called for Trump to be executed? Because I can sure as hell think of a certain GOP politician who has done the same for Hillary.

Given the local politics and the bullshit the Republicans have pulled in North Carolina, it isn't far fetched that someone on the far left perform this attack.

Also, given how much tension and vitriol that has taken place between established Republicans and Donald Trump supports I could definitely see how someone from the Trump camp could perform this attack as well. It's a win win for them in their mind.

Bob etheridge video produced by Renee ellmers cronies.

Orange county is super laid back. Not saying this isn't legit, but doesn't really fit with the vibe in that area. Dems already ownerwhlem Republicans in that area. No need to antagonize.

rjinaz

Seriously. How many people have called for Trump to be executed? Because I can sure as hell think of a certain GOP politician who has done the same for Hillary.

Threats to have Hillary arrested. Threats to shut the media down.

People see what they want to see I guess, even if it means not seeing reality.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Threats to have Hillary arrested. Threats to shut the media down.

People see what they want to see I guess, even if it means not seeing reality.

Those people can cherry pick all they want, it doesn't matter when cases of violence and planned violence originate from Trump's camp. Like just the other day the FBI aressted three members of a militia group out in Kansas who were planning on bombing Somali immigrants, one of whom was, unshockingly, revealed to be a huge Trump supporter, and then there were the two armed supporters protesting outside of the Democratic campaign office in Virginia. And we certainly haven't seen the last use of violence in this election cycle, I'm really worried that people will be emboldened by Trump telling them to go into certain areas and intimidate people.

LionPride

Banned
Those people can cherry pick all they want, it doesn't matter when cases of violence and planned violence originate from Trump's camp. Like just the other day the FBI aressted three members of a militia group out in Kansas who were planning on bombing Somali immigrants, one of whom was, unshockingly, revealed to be a huge Trump supporter, and then there were the two armed supporters protesting outside of the Democratic campaign office in Virginia. And we certainly haven't seen the last use of violence in this election cycle, I'm really worried that people will be emboldened by Trump telling them to go into certain areas and intimidate people.

I like how they were called a militia group and not terrorists

Amir0x

Banned
As there has historically been no fascist movement in the US, neither has there been an anti-fascist movement. It's not really a thing here, but we'll see if that ends up changing.
Thats not true. There have been small fascist plots and movements in usa, and a few prominent pro fascist figures in US history. Just never gained any real power.

LionPride

Banned
I'm working the polls on Election Day, I lowkey wish I was working where there will be a heavier flow of traffic just to see what type of people come in

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I like how they were called a militia group and not terrorists

It's part of the usual double standard when it comes to these sort of threats and attacks. Though they weren't labelled "mentally ill" this time.

Trump just blamed it on "animals" representing Hillary Clinton

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/787782613633208320

It'll probably come up in the third debate, too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump used it as a counter to the "deplorables" comment.

Because the implication in the thread with the false flag accusations is that a radical leftist couldn't have possibly perpetrated this, which is absurd.

There's not really a significant "radical leftist" to perpetrate such acts in the US, unlike the radical right, who were told by their candidate to arm themselves and watch the polls for fraud. We're talking about a group, three of whom were arrested by the FBI for planning to use carbombs on an apartment building housing immigrants a day after the election, and that happened just this week. Your statements show an extreme ignorance of the current political climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom