• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Carolina GOP headquarters firebombed | Investigation underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animals. Not much else to say about this. Everyone knows this is unacceptable in any society.

Whats the difference between a bomb and a firebomb?

Dai101

Banned
lol if you think Republicans have been the most threatening this election.

Cu52BRZVMAAaVXC.jpg

surejan.gif

Animals. Not much else to say about this. Everyone knows this is unacceptable in any society.

"Firebombing is a bombing technique designed to damage a target, generally an urban area, through the use of fire, caused by incendiary devices, rather than from the blast effect of large bombs."

"Firebombing is a bombing technique designed to damage a target, generally an urban area, through the use of fire, caused by incendiary devices, rather than from the blast effect of large bombs."

I always assumed fire was a result of any kind of explosion. I mean thats what the movies told me.

Firebomb is more like a moltov cocktail than an explosive

Hillsborough police said somebody threw a bottle of flammable liquid through the window of Orange County’s GOP headquarters, setting supplies and furniture ablaze.

Devices intent is to set ablaze rather than explode

---

Also one of the articles was updated slightly stating the graffiti also had a swastika

A swastika and the words “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else” were spray painted on the side of an adjacent building. No damage estimates were available.

JoeBoy101

I mean, this sort of thing feeds right into Trump's shitty narrative, so I was expecting that sort of statement from him.

I would comment on how he should put himself above that kind of viciousness... but we're WAY past that point, aren't we?

Gordon Shumway said:
That was clear from jump. So..what are we getting at here, Joe?

Well, you could try have some actual facts or basis to throw that shit beforehand? Its not that I can't imagine this being a bullshit half-baked plan from a local yokel (being in NC, they do go full-ass but always half-baked), but this false flag shit is victim-blaming without basis.

I would comment on how he should put himself above that kind of viciousness... but we're WAY past that point, aren't we?

Well, you could try have some actual facts or basis to throw that shit beforehand? Its not that I can't imagine this being a bullshit half-baked plan from a local yokel (being in NC, they do go full-ass but always half-baked), but this false flag shit is victim-blaming without basis.

His base gets fired up when he's unhinged, so I definitely wouldn't expect anything else from at this stage.

I feel like you can tell that Trump's tweet on this was 100% his creation because anyone with an ounce of sympathy would mention their gratitude that no one was injured

It even took Trump an hour later to tweet? How did Hillary beat him on a tweet?

This is the first thing in ages that would have (until his stupid tweet) diverted away negative attention from him, he was probably jerking off at the thought. Lucky for the people who want to see him lose that he forgot to engage his brain afterwards.

I hope this is just a one off and no more dumb shit happens before November 8th. I was worried for a while with that this election would be a hall of mirrors version (less bad in terms of what was going on compared to then but with a worse electoral outcome) of 1968 with the unrest earlier in the year.

But..there is no evidence? Since when has waiting for more information been frowned upon here? And is your defense here that people dislike hearing that phrase in police threads? That's an weird thing to bring up..I guess I might just be overreacting.

Either way, hope whoever was involved is caught promptly and that no innocent people are hurt.

Great show

Really was..

Kinsei

Banned
I can totally understand why someone in NC would be pushed over the edge, but this was awful. Fire can easily spread and what if there was someone in the building at the time?

Everyone jumping to say false flag are giving Trump supporters too much credit.

I feel like you can tell that Trump's tweet on this was 100% his creation because anyone with an ounce of sympathy would mention their gratitude that no one was injured

Trump is not a great person and would make a terrible leader. His choice of words in situations that require sympathy is horrific. He didn't wait until the investigation was over, he just jump on Hillary supporters as the culprits for this. His judgement is very poor. I hate that he made it this far.

JoeBoy101

His base gets fired up when he's unhinged, so I definitely wouldn't expect anything else from at this stage.

In a real twisted way, politically, it makes sense for him to respond as such. He's been fucking the chicken for this long, no sense in going for foreplay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom