• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Forkball

I don't think comic fans should feel superior to wrestling fans. Sure, comics are a more socially accepted form of entertainment today than they ever have been, but the smelly geek culture surrounding them emanates as strongly as wrestling culture.

Wrestling is basically just a superhero TV show.

All problems solved through violence: check
Nicknames: check
Costumes: check
Team-ups (both hero and villain): check
Story arcs that last several months if not years: check
Using the same characters over and over again: check
Gimmick changes: check
Women walking around in psuedo underwear: check
Hoping current fans forget past storylines: check

Boy if Stro was mad about 2k having the wrestlers passive aggressively responding to youtube comments

I think this is hilarious. GJ Ubisoft.

On another note, I don't think any of the AC games will be considered classics or must plays 10 years from now. They are very much "in the now" type of games and will age poorly.

This if totally off topic, but I was wondering is there any place on neogaf where it'd be appropriate to post links to sketch videos I do? I'm asking here cos it's a Safe Zone.

bjork

Wrestling is basically just a superhero TV show.

All problems solved through violence: check
Nicknames: check
Costumes: check
Team-ups (both hero and villain): check
Story arcs that last several months if not years: check
Using the same characters over and over again: check
Gimmick changes: check
Women walking around in psuedo underwear: check
Hoping current fans forget past storylines: check

But wrestling is fake and spiderman could really happen. You don't know, you're not a scientist.

tbh, I've always felt that way about action heroes, even. Wrestling is dumb but Rambo is totally believable or 007 or whatever.

This if totally off topic, but I was wondering is there any place on neogaf where it'd be appropriate to post links to sketch videos I do? I'm asking here cos it's a Safe Zone.

like of you sketching as in art, or sketch videos like comedy bits? There are very probably communities for each, I would imagine.

joelseph

I don't think comic fans should feel superior to wrestling fans. Sure, comics are a more socially accepted form of entertainment today than they ever have been, but the smelly geek culture surrounding them emanates as strongly as wrestling culture.

Do you go to many Conventions? Comic culture is changing rapidly and so is the public's perception it's no longer viewed as a smelly geek culture IMO.

And I'm not really a comic guy. More of a boardgame geek that is trying to shake my hobbies smelly geek stereotypes.

like of you sketching as in art, or sketch videos like comedy bits? There are very probably communities for each, I would imagine.

Yeah, comedy bits. I've never seen a relevant topic. I guess I could do some searches and see if there's anything, but I didn't want to just necropost.

Hasney

AC Unity is getting close to being worth a cut-price purchase because of stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhl5yjMY0Ws&feature=youtu.be

GS0Zrd2.gif

vTocXXR.gif

Alucard

Banned
Do you go to many Conventions? Comic culture is changing rapidly and so is the public's perception it's no longer viewed as a smelly geek culture IMO.

And I'm not really a comic guy. More of a boardgame geek that is trying to shake my hobbies smelly geek stereotypes.

I've been to a few cons. It's definitely changing. I guess I just always think of the Magic and Pokemon tournaments that happen at a couple of local shops here where there is full-on geek stink due to lack of exercise and hygiene.

The ROH message board was so terrible, what a cesspit.

Anywho, Vince McSunnyFlower says you guys should let him handle the December thread and I agree. His bannings may be frequent, but I've got more confidence in him making a great end-of-year thread than I do in most of you :p

jmdajr

Anywho, Vince McSunnyFlower says you guys should let him handle the December thread and I agree. His bannings may be frequent, but I've got more confidence in him making a great end-of-year thread than I do in most of you :p

Sure why not.

Does he know when he's coming back?

Also, I think Ken Anderson should make a wrestling movie.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Do you guys think AJ is actually enjoying what she's doing right now, or is she bored with her total lack of direction? The money must be good, but at some point you want to feel like you have a clear purpose. She just plain doesn't.
Her feelings are best expressed by her bank account.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've got my OP for the December thread ready to roll. You guys say the word and I'll do it.
December Wrasslin |OT| It's a New Day

I'm coming out of Wrasslin OT making retirement.
Who's it gonna be!?

Recall

As a long time and heavy ROH board user it was fucking ace. I'm still the most banned member.

Vylash

Do you guys think AJ is actually enjoying what she's doing right now, or is she bored with her total lack of direction? The money must be good, but at some point you want to feel like you have a clear purpose. She just plain doesn't.

i imagine AJ makes so much money that she doesn't give a shit

I am inclined to begrudgingly agree, the end-of-the-year thread could require effort

As a long time and heavy ROH board user it was fucking ace. I'm still the most banned member.

Hah, arguing with some of the more militant ROH fans? I thought it could be a good place for discussion at times, but there were a whole load of Gabe nuthuggers there.

So much for Shibata's ascendance that was supposed to happen this year.

Next year, if he signs a contract. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 2015 is the year of Naito, however.

Recall

Hah, arguing with some of the more militant ROH fans? I thought it could be a good place for discussion at times, but there were a whole load of Gabe nuthuggers there.

Next year, if he signs a contract. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 2015 is the year of Naito, however.

I adored the product and bought every show, lapped it all up and even met some of my closest friends on that board but when I disliked something I spoke up and that was frowned upon.

I still think Gabe is a prick today and don't like him in the slightest but yes the ROH board was either suck Gabe's dick, keep quiet with criticisms beyond the norm or get out.

Us UK lot ran rough shot over their get together/plan a car pool board as if it was our own. Great memories.

GhaleonQ

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that the WWE actually done something funny that they intended to be funny? The most recent thing I can think of is JBL's triumphant return at the Royal Rumble (which was actually the hypest shit ever, but it was still funny), and that's about it for a few years.

In addition to what's already said, it depends what you mean by "WWE" and "time." Is 1 promo enough? Does it have to be clearly directed from the top?

Because Ryback's hospital bed promo and Rybaxel's breakup were both legitimately funny, weird, sincere, and emotional.

Those just happened.

jred2k

In addition to what's already said, it depends what you mean by "WWE" and "time." Is 1 promo enough? Does it have to be clearly directed from the top?

Because Ryback's hospital bed promo and Rybaxel's breakup were both legitimately funny, weird, sincere, and emotional.

Those just happened.

They also just happened on C-shows/the app/YouTube, so they might as well have not happened at all.

Top Bottom