• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't miss the final two weeks of Impact on Spike, fans!

I'm watching the first episode of British Bootcamp S2, does that count?

Kind of weird to see people compete for a contract with a company that might not even be around next year.

Alucard

Banned
Do you guys think AJ is actually enjoying what she's doing right now, or is she bored with her total lack of direction? The money must be good, but at some point you want to feel like you have a clear purpose. She just plain doesn't.

qmcl9oh.gif

That cross appeal continues.

Aiii

So not worth it
British Bootcamp is as fake as Total Divas, it's awesome.

Grado and Rockstar Spud together needs to happen, I'd watch Impact for that.

Alucard

Banned
British Bootcamp is as fake as Total Divas, it's awesome.

Grado and Rockstar Spud together needs to happen, I'd watch Impact for that.

Spud is really good. I still get a kick out of every segment he's in. He's become the super sympathetic pipsqueak with a backbone over the past month or so of Impact. I can usually finish Impact in about 30 minutes now, but I'll always stop for the Spud and EC3 stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Taven, Bennett, and Maria are going to be a part of New Japan Tag Wars on November 22nd.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/kingdom-returning-new-japan-pro-wrestling
kingdomnjpw.jpg

In August of 2014 The Kingdom, Adam Cole & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis debuted for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Their debut in the land of the rising sun saw The Kingdom defeat the ever popular Captain New Japan and the legendary Jushin “Thunder” Liger. New Japan officials immediately started negotiations with Maria for a return.

This return of the Kingdom to New Japan will happen November 22, 2014. On this date the Kingdom’s Michael Bennett and Matt Taven with Maria Kanellis will take part in the legendary New Japan Pro Wrestling World Tag League tournament.

This tournament has seen previous winners like Antonio Inoki & Hulk Hogan, Riki Choshu & Shinya Hashimoto and Keiji Mutoh (The Great Muta) & Hiroshi Hase. It is a great honor and a true testament to the great tag teams of ROH to be invited into this tournament.

Bennett & Taven just solidified themselves as a true unit recently with a stunning victory over the most decorated team in Ring of Honor history, The Briscoe Brothers. The Kingdom is looking to carry that momentum into this tournament and come home victorious.

Always out to prove the doubters wrong, Matt Taven wanted to be heard “Fans like to sit behind keyboards and use their fingers to prove how smart they are. How smart are you now? The Kingdom is headed to Japan to lay waste to anyone put in front of us!”

Mike Bennett added “This invitation is the only thing that could tear the Kingdom away from missing Final Battle! We told you the tide was changing! We told you that we were here to take over the world. We are on the cusp of dominating Ring of Honor and now we get to dominate in Japan."

“We are looking at defeating reDRagon for the ROH World Tag Team Titles this Saturday in San Antonio, Texas. From there we will head to Japan as champions and show that The Kingdom is the finest unit in professional wrestling“ said Maria Kanellis.

The tour of New Japan will start on November 22, 2014 and conclude on December 7, 2014. This forces the majority of The Kingdom to miss Final Battle, leaving Adam Cole to go it alone in New York City. “I have no fear of being on my own. When they return we will celebrate their tournament victory and my winning the Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship! The Kingdom is taking over the world BABAY!”

Adam Cole is hanging back to take part in Final Battle.

Do you guys think AJ is actually enjoying what she's doing right now, or is she bored with her total lack of direction? The money must be good, but at some point you want to feel like you have a clear purpose. She just plain doesn't.

It's possible that this period of her life will be where she earns the most income, hopefully with Punk as her husband she will learn to maximize that and be smart with it.

Cagey

Banned
It's possible that this period of her life will be where she earns the most income, hopefully with Punk as her husband she will learn to maximize that and be smart with it.
Learn from Punk? First lesson to maximize your income is to quit your job when you're in your prime money making years because you had a temper tantrum.

Ithil

Learn from Punk? First lesson to maximize your income is to quit your job when you're in your prime money making years because you had a temper tantrum.

You mean after three years of making millions a year? You know when you can quit specifically because you are financially sound for life?

Alucard

Banned
I know someone brought it up this week, but when I see Maria, I almost automatically think of Succubus from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:

char_14188.jpg

There are much more provocative images of this character on Google image search. The official artwork has her with her nipples out. Buncha pervs.

Alucard

Banned
ROH's lineup for their November 22nd Tag Wars show is complete.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ach-matt-sydal-added-tag-wars-14
tagwarsachsydal.jpg

Our next stop in Baltimore will be extra special as we bring you THE ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE: TAG WARS 2014! We are less than 2 weeks away from our huge Charm City return on November 22nd. This is a special television taping and will air as future episodes of ROH TV!

TAG WARS is a unique single night tournament where ANY of the teams entered can end the evening as the ROH Tag Team Champions! Six contender teams will be entered. The first round consists of 3 tag matches as these six teams are pitted against each other. The three advancing teams will go on to the finals: a four-way elimination tag with reDRagon standing in the fourth corner. And the titles WILL be on the line!

Already confirmed for TAG WARS:
- The Young Bucks
- The Addiction
- Jay & Mark Briscoe
- The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
- The House of Truth (Jay Lethal & J. Diesel)

Just added to THE ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE: TAG WARS...

ACH & MATT SYDAL!

The final team entered into TAG WARS comes as a total surprise! These two athletes have never teamed together. In fact, just last weekend in Columbus, ACH and Sydal competed AGAINST each other in the first round of SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! But after a closely contested battle, they left with nothing but respect for each other.

Now the two highest flyers in ROH are going after the ROH World Tag Team Championship! Just a week a after ACH has his first World Title opportunity, he'll be gunning for the tag titles, too. This team is sure to have fans buzzing before they've had a single match. ACH and Matt Sydal are arguably the most innovative athletes in Ring of Honor. Combining their talents into one cohesive unit might be what it takes to go all the way!

Don't miss out on TAG WARS 2014! For tickets to be there live, click HERE.

THE ROAD TO FINAL BATTLE: TAG WARS 2014
RING OF HONOR WRESTLING
NATIONAL TV TAPING

William J. Myers Pavilion
4300 West Bay Ave.
Baltimore, Md. 21225
Doors open 5:00pm / 6:00 PM bell time.

ROH Teams with Toys For Tots
When you bring an unwrapped new toy or make a cash donation to TOYS FOR TOTS you will receive a FREE posed photo with ROH World Champion Jay and his brother Mark - THE BRISCOES

Matches signed

One-on-One
Adam Cole vs. Brian Kendrick

No DQ Grudge Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs Cedric Alexander

Signed to appear...
- Roderick Strong
- Hanson
- Caprice Coleman
- Brutal Bob & Cheeseburger
- Will Ferrara
- Plus ... Fox 45 in Baltimore's own Traffic Jam Jimmy!

Disappointed that we're not getting Monster Mafia instead of this mish-mash of ACH and Sydal, which could still be a fun team to watch.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have to hand it to TNA, British Bootcamp is a lot of fun.

It's also a miracle some of these wrestlers aren't employed by WWE, TNA or ROH already.

Smh...just to think I supported these dudes by buying all of the far cry games on sale :/.
I'll be getting Far Cry 4, but I would have waited for a mega sale anyway.
I have to hand it to TNA, British Bootcamp is a lot of fun.

It's also a miracle some of these wrestlers aren't employed by WWE, TNA or ROH already.

It's really hard to get out of the Brit indy scene if you're one of the good ones. Flights are too expensive for places to give you a shot. Unless you're really high level, you've basically got to fly yourself out to America to get any bookings, or be Devitt/Zack Sabre and get booked in Japan.

Thankfully with ICW/PROGRESS etc., plus digital finally being viable, British Indie wrestling is in a great shape at the moment.

larry the cable guy in a heartwarming holiday jaunt about how women should never get a divorce because they'll just get remarried to-- erg forget it I've been hanging on the internet too much.

HEY, I saw survivor series 2009, with the weird ass double triple threat title matches. Interesting to see how many people from the team miz/team morrison team are gone now and where they went to.

If the two characters weren't so incompatible for the concept I'd like to have seen a similar youth showcase for team ambrose/team rollins.

Maybe even pull NXT onto the PPV (since they're not doing shit with it anyway) with a team kidd/team whoever match I don't know who is who in NXT currently 8)

http://i.imgur.com/qmcl9oh.gif[IMG]

That cross appeal continues.[/QUOTE]
See, that's a much more intimidating mask, Big Red could learn from this.

[quote="Alucard, post: 138512194"]I know someone brought it up this week, but when I see Maria, I almost automatically think of Succubus from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:

[img]sotn Succubus

There are much more provocative images of this character on Google image search. The official artwork has her with her nipples out. Buncha pervs.
Maria will just have to dress up in the succubus' barely existing attire to confirm this theory.
Actually had no idea that the full artwork was that revealing, guess Ayami Kojima needed to balance out all those dashing bishonen protags of hers somehow.

bjork

2. I don't care of the people here wanna like, or hate on me for liking a reviewer that conforms with my views on wrestling some of the time.

There's a difference between enjoying something and linking to it more than a viral marketer being bad hiding their profession. That said, however...

I think simplythebest has proven himself OT-worthy.

If he ever does, I honestly hope it's just a youtube link. As much as the constant spamming bugs me, I would get a good kick out of that.

It would make me proud to see someone step up, but no one has for a long time.

I've got my OP for the December thread ready to roll. You guys say the word and I'll do it.

Anyone on that Ello thing? I got an invite, seems very twitter-ish;

https://ello.co/SenorLARIATO

Yep, but I'm not sure what it's for so I used it like twice. https://ello.co/triste

Also drink Pepsi

Got a nice cold can to my left as I type this.

I know someone brought it up this week, but when I see Maria, I almost automatically think of Succubus from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:

There's an action figure of this artwork too, so if you wanted to feel some toy boobies etc.

Cagey

Banned
You mean after three years of making millions a year? You know when you can quit specifically because you are financially sound for life?

One doesn't maximize their income by eliminating the bulk of said income. I understand you enjoy disagreeing with me, but this is rather simple logic here.

Alucard

Banned
There's an action figure of this artwork too, so if you wanted to feel some toy boobies etc.

Ain't no boobies like toy boobies?

I'll likely pick up a CV action figure at some point in my life and put it up on a bookshelf somewhere. Dat Western frivolity.

EDIT: Ooooh.
page-9218.jpg
lrg6128_0_36217.jpg

Ithil

One doesn't maximize their income by eliminating the bulk of said income. I understand you enjoy disagreeing with me, but this is rather simple logic here.

Again, the dude lives in an apartment and spends nothing. If he needed the money he wouldn't walk out on a multi-million dollar job months before the contract ends.
It's not like the guy is Ric Flair, blowing money he doesn't have on shit he doesn't need.

Guys, CM Punk is writing a Thor comic book, I don't think he has to worry about money anymore.

Speaking of that, I think this is an excellent opportunity to cross promote our thread in the comic book thread. Rafa=FedKilla, would you introduce us to your friends or are you ashamed of us?

Alucard

Banned
I don't think comic fans should feel superior to wrestling fans. Sure, comics are a more socially accepted form of entertainment today than they ever have been, but the smelly geek culture surrounding them emanates as strongly as wrestling culture.

JavyOO7

It sucks CM Punk is not wrestling but i'm happy for him. Walked away on his own terms, is probably resting nagging injuries, probably has money saved, his significant other is still in the same company making decent money hopefully... what's not to like? I'd rather he be walking fine years from now then be like poor Kevin Nash who said something like: "Me and Rey Mysterio walk around like a pair of seventy year old ladies."

Is it just me or is there no IPPV for this Global Force New Japan thing? I don't have cable and am not going to watch on my tablet but I want nothing more to give them money for putting this on.

Nothing so far. I doubt it'll happen. I recommend just going through NicoNico for that.

I hope we get to see Iizuka rip off JR's shirt and put makeup on him.

I'd prefer Iizuka trying some shit and JR knocking him the fuck out with a candy jar

Also, we should all talk to Besada

Cagey

Banned
I don't think comic fans should feel superior to wrestling fans. Sure, comics are a more socially accepted form of entertainment today than they ever have been, but the smelly geek culture surrounding them emanates as strongly as wrestling culture.

Who would win in a fight, fans of the Marvel multiverse or fans of the WWE Universe? (please read the rules inside).

Top Bottom