• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Should've been the Kofi/Xavier/Big E stable. Bunch of wrestling pirates who take over matches cause they're not getting the spotlight. Have em do non-finishes on a bunch of Matadores matches or whatever. Basically do what Awesome Truth did back in the day and just fuck shit up.

"Look at me. I'm the champion now."

Then Cena does his thing.

Carnby

With all the bannings,it seems like a good time to remind everyone that there is a WrassleGAF Facebook group. Sign up if you are new.

DMczaf

DoOVUpa.gif

DoOVUpa.gif

Chopper

I went to the house show in Brighton last night. It's the first time I've ever seen John Cena live, and we had front row seats, so I was determined to boo the absolute shit out of him. I did. It was amazing. Well worth the sore throat I have today...

http://youtu.be/UXjFBkS8t7c

somedevil

Some news from Pwinsider on TNA:

Regarding TNA's future with a TV deal and live events, there has been little to no communication between TNA officials and the rest of the employees. There are a lot of wrestlers very worried and "freaking out" right now.

It just feels like the end. I wonder now if GFW can find a tv deal that pays them decent money to get a good roster.

Is GFW actually confirmed to be a standard wrestling promotion? I was thinking that Jeff might use the links he has with NJPW, AAA and the PPV companies to repackage and translate shows from abroad.

It's looking more and more like that and less like an actual promotion - if they do well with the PPVs they promote, I could see them perhaps doing an inter-promotional supershow. Although those are always full of headaches.

Hasney said:
Best hour of wrasslin' on TV right now

I dunno if I prefer it to ROH yet which, incidentally, more people need to watch.

Ithil

It's uncertain what kind of promotion GFW is. Sometimes it seems like it's a "new NWA", acting like a umbrella over various promotions. I have no idea if they intend to have an actual TV show and GFW roster or they will operate entirely through partnerships and crossovers.

I'm guessing if the New Japan show is a success, they'll probably look at hosting other promotions' events, probably not on PPV (as NJPW is the only one big enough to work on PPV) but in other ways.

From the Clarifications from Connecticut thread on the F4W board:

Q: How prevalent is dating between male/female talent (without naming names)? Does it ever cause any uncomfortable situations/jealousy backstage? What is management's general philosophy on the subject of "inter-office romance"?... Do wrestlers get in trouble if they forget a line from their script or ad lib something? Are they ever encouraged to ad lib?

... What is the backstage opinion of Michael Cole (the person, not the announcer)

A: Dating is prevalent, as is the common knowledge of who is dating. These days its hard to hide so most don’t. But, is your question about who is “Dating” as pertained to people like Bryan/Brie, Cena/Nikki, Ambrose/Renee, or is it more about a dating lifestyle like Punk/Divas roster? That dude is lucky. As far as who may "just be hooking up," its hard to say. But, not sure I would even make that public, as it really doesn’t matter. Has there been a major “rat” In the company recently? YES! Is she still employed? YES!

Q: I also asked if it's likely to change back once Vince steps down, any idea about that? Since the mindset is tied in with the PG focus and sponsorship deals, I'll ask as a whole whether or not Triple H is more likely to move away from the likes of Mattel for the greater good of the product?... What terms have sponsors asked for? Or is it more that the company is worried about saying things like "blood" and "weapons" as they feel they may upset sponsors even though the sponsors haven't actually said anything about it?

"Changing times" is always a disheartening phrase to hear. Nothing has changed that really warrants this stuff.

A: Who knows what HHH will do. He may say one thing today, and it’ll be totally different when it happens, so there is no way to answer your question. Why would he move the company from Mattel? Walk into a Toys R Us or Target and look at the HUGE display of WWE toys. No one in their right mind would walk away from all that money, just to go back to using some language the sponsors may not be fond of. I don’t know specifically what terms sponsors have asked for. It's not sent in a memo to the company. That’s a whole different department with offices in CT and NYC. As far as blood and weapons, a few years ago WWE asked THQ to take that out of the game. I believe one year they took the blood out, and got a lot of complaints so the following year. So they gave you the option of having blood in the game turned on or off. (Semp's note: I think NHL had that same type of thing happen too, in the Sega days, but I don't remember the details.) I believe this option in the game still stands with the newer versions. As far as blood on TV, yes, it's to not piss off sponsors or NBC Universal.

Q: will hhh get rid of kevin dunn as soon as he has can because of kevin dunn the person or because of the tv product? if its not because of personality does that mean hhh hates the current tv under dunn's direction?

... does pat patterson still hit karaoke bars while on the road? who else from wwe is part of his karaoke crew? (i asked this before and i am really really curious so im asking again)... why do they hate zack ryder so much that they wont even use him as a jobber on raw like they do heath slater?

A: Who knows what he will do. I've seen the internet talk about HHH having new production ideas, but until that time comes its only a rumor. Plus, what happens if Vince outlives HHH? Then it wouldn’t matter anyway.

Pat will always love a good karaoke option. Not sure he has a “crew.” Mostly seen him hang by himself but will always meet people at the bar.

Who said Ryder was hated? Yoshi, Kidd, JTG and few others were kept off TV but they were “liked.” Now, if there is any hate or dislike, I would say it stems from his early YouTube show burying the company.

Hasney

Always does feel a bit weird to want to rile people up about a hobby while we talk about several hours of childrens programming up in hurrrrr.

strobogo

Banned
Is GFW actually confirmed to be a standard wrestling promotion? I was thinking that Jeff might use the links he has with NJPW, AAA and the PPV companies to repackage and translate shows from abroad.

That would be the most interesting and probably easiest way to go. Not another promotion of ex WWE/WCW/ECW (and now TNA) guys, plus unknown Southern indie guys. Do something interesting and new. Maybe make some in roads for other promotions. Basically be a modern version of the NWA and show EVERYTHING that isn't WWE. Air NJPW/AAA/ROH/PWG, whatever.

Hasney

That would be the most interesting and probably easiest way to go. Not another promotion of ex WWE/WCW/ECW (and now TNA) guys, plus unknown Southern indie guys. Do something interesting and new. Maybe make some in roads for other promotions. Basically be a modern version of the NWA and show EVERYTHING that isn't WWE. Air NJPW/AAA/ROH/PWG, whatever.

That would be awesome. If you want a weekly show to promote the PPVs, either webshow or if they managed to get a slot on a network, they could present an hour of highlights from the worlds other weekly shows, like the old cable wrestling shows they did round America. Could be an interesting experiment.

RP912

Banned
Should've been the Kofi/Xavier/Big E stable. Bunch of wrestling pirates who take over matches cause they're not getting the spotlight. Have em do non-finishes on a bunch of Matadores matches or whatever. Basically do what Awesome Truth did back in the day and just fuck shit up.

"Look at me. I'm the champion now."

Then Cena does his thing.

you had me until cena :(...it's sad we expect cena to fuck up a good push.

Top Bottom