• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
Is tonight the last one? I might do it tomorrow if that's the case. But if I watch Impact thinking it is the last one and then I find out it isn't, there will be hell to pay.

It's not tonight, but next week.

Last week's was actually pretty good. EC3 and Spud just kill it every time they have a segment together.

just browsing amazon and

B2RoaTrIEAArW4_.png:large

Actually, browsing through amazon it is kind of funny to see who the star of these PPVs is

b4IezNj.png

Cody Rhodes of all people?

d2DCS4z.png

I48zXyh.png
zx6MVm2.png
PnL3FXf.png

I wonder who wasn't on those shows.

hqc19eT.png

Soul Playa would be proud.

Alucard

Banned
Really excited to read the LU reactions on here and to watch ep 3 at some point tomorrow. I'm finally gonna watch this past week's ROH tonight and maybe get in some Impact too.

Kaladin

Watched Raw on Hulu Plus this morning. Really shit episode. The booking is okay, but the matches were just shit.

If you're The Authority, you're going to be making sure that nobody goes on Team Cena, but wtf....they wound up with all the guys that Team Authority is feuding with anyway, just like it always happens.

And I guess Dolph Ziggler is getting his annual "You're awesome even though we never really showcase it" push.

Maybe that triple threat on Smackdown will save the week.

Can't wait for NXT.

Alucard

Banned
Watched Raw on Hulu Plus this morning. Really shit episode. The booking is okay, but the matches were just shit.

If you're The Authority, you're going to be making sure that nobody goes on Team Cena, but wtf....they wound up with all the guys that Team Authority is feuding with anyway, just like it always happens.

And I guess Dolph Ziggler is getting his annual "You're awesome even though we never really showcase it" push.

Maybe that triple threat on Smackdown will save the week.

Can't wait for NXT.

Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor are here for you, friend.

Is it sad that I got a little excited that the wives of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were wrestling each other? Like somehow, that was 'close to' what I wanted to see again!! :(

Kaladin

Lucha Underground and Ring of Honor are here for you, friend.

Haven't watched any Lucha yet, but not really a fan of the Lucha style and I honestly haven't watched ROH in a long time.

NXT is usually all I need to get a good fix of wrestling for the week, I watch the rest as mindless TV.

Alucard

Banned
...PWG is about as old as ROH

Regardless, I think they're very different companies and that ROH would be fine without PWG in the picture. Indies cherry pick one another's talent all the time. AIW is a great example of this.

I like PWG, but let's not belittle a quality product like ROH, friends.

tm24

Regardless, I think they're very different companies and that ROH would be fine without PWG in the picture. Indies cherry pick one another's talent all the time. AIW is a great example of this.

I like PWG, but let's not belittle a quality product like ROH, friends.

FE subscribes to my theory of ROH has PWG build a guy up before they make em their champ since RoH seems kinda incapable of building someone up anymore. No idea idea if it's just the way the internet makes building indie wrestlers easier or what. It's led to a quite boring RoH really in that you know who the champ is going to be rather than when ROH hit it big and things kinda happened by surprise.

I mean, when you look at it, the most positive ROH title change was the Briscoe one since it kinda broke the mold.

Gonzalez

Banned
How's PWG nowadays? I remember watching them back in 07, and found the in-ring action, and booking style to be way too California laid back for my liking at the time.

Kaladin

ROH just hasn't interested me much in the last year. I try with it sometimes, but the roster is kinda dull and boring to me now.

strobogo

Banned
ROH is the kind of company that wouldn't book a guy from Philly before he blew up in PWG first. ROH has been full steam ahead on that "Wait for PWG to make a guy a name on the indies and then snatch him up" boat for like 8 years now.

somedevil

TNA Update with one network as its final hope:

Negotiations reportedly took place between TNA and Destination America this past week. Destination is a channel in the Discovery Network. It's currently available in 60 million homes or about 52% of the country. Sources close to the Destination side say that they should know before the week is over if a deal will be reached or not

Even if they sign with this channel it will probably be a whole different show. I doubt Destination America, which is a channel I never knew existed, is going to pay them Spike money to keep talent.

Kaladin

TNA Update with one network as its final hope:

Even if they sign with this channel it will probably be a whole different show. I doubt Destination America, which is a channel I never knew existed, is going to pay them Spike money to keep talent.

Vince needs to just buy the tape library and put them out of their misery.

Alucard

Banned
ROH just hasn't interested me much in the last year. I try with it sometimes, but the roster is kinda dull and boring to me now.

Fair enough. I'm admittedly more forgiving of them than most and more willing to go through lean times. However, I think 2014 has been a great year for them.

-The return of AJ Styles, which has produced great matches with Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin, Adam Cole, and a couple of others
-The two New Japan shows and the New Japan partnership in general
-The return to PPV
-Awesome tag team division and memorable matches involving The Young Bucks, reDRagon,The Addiction, and Briscoes
-Jay Lethal's great heel run
-Some awesome shows like the Anniversary show and All-Star Extravaganza 6
-A great match series between Roderick Strong and Cedric Alexander
-The return of Brian Kendrick
-The emergence of Silas Young and Tommaso Ciampa
-Adam Cole. Adam Cole. And Adam Cole.

As a fan, this has been one of the best and most engaging years the company has had in years.

Really curious to see how Final Battle turns out and if it's carried on PPV...

bjork

Weekend at Dixie's. The shit is done, fellas.

I would not be surprised if they try to run awhile without tv, though.

If TNA goes to that channel I've never heard of it will have lower production value than syndicated ROH shows I watch every saturday at 1 am after college football is finished.

It'll basically become a shitty indie fed with none of the indie fed charm. And even less fans in attendance.

Alucard

Banned
So, what things slow down laptops? I've had this one for 2-3 years now and it just doesn't stream videos at the same clip as it used to. Is it because of Adobe and Flash upgrades that my system can't handle? Is this just planned obsolescence? What's the deal? Any programs to improve this stuff?

Alucard

Banned
Avast anti-virus is off 50 percent for a year right now. Paid the 25 bucks and hoping it'll help with optimization. Claimed that the program can apparently free up about 2 gigs of space. I'll let ya'll know if anything changes in a few minutes. Because ya'll care. Especially simplythebest.

Avast anti-virus is off 50 percent for a year right now. Paid the 25 bucks and hoping it'll help with optimization. Claimed that the program can apparently free up about 2 gigs of space. I'll let ya'll know if anything changes in a few minutes. Because ya'll care. Especially simplythebest.

If it works well for you he might even give it a plug in one of his youtube vids

Top Bottom