• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Marvel

could never
A Maddox vs Ryback feud would actually be pretty great. They have some story together and it makes sense.

But Ryback as a babyface on that feud wouldn't really work I think. Still, it's a new matchup and it could be cool.

Kind of a re-run idea but could always switch eventually, face gets screwed, beats shit out of cowardly heel each week fans start cheering for useless Brad getting the piss stomped outta him. Ryebread accidentally gets heat once again and subsequently turns to my favorite "The Big Guy" (though hopefully with more success this time and without JBL burying him on mic each broadcast).

I'd love to see more of Brad, and as you said they have a cool history.

kiguel182

Kind of a re-run idea but could always switch eventually, face gets screwed, beats shit out of cowardly heel each week fans start cheering for useless Brad getting the piss stomped outta him. Ryebread accidentally gets heat once again and subsequently turns to my favorite "The Big Guy" (though hopefully with more success this time and without JBL burying him on mic each broadcast).

I'd love to see more of Brad, and as you said they have a cool history.

That could work but requires long term thinking from WWE and they seem to push Ryback as a face. But I would totally like to see that.

I really like Brad. I think he could do some awesome stuff if given the chance.

kiguel182

Time for "This is your life". Raw has been okay so far. I like how it's very story heavy but the midcard stories haven't been great.

Still, better have a bad story than no story.

Remember when there was something between "jobber" and "Cena/Orton"? I think it was called a "midcard," but I might just be making it up...

Alucard

Banned
Now watching Roode vs. Lashley II from this past Wednesday's Impact. Pretty much fast forwarded the entire episode just to watch this. Nothing else got my interest all that much outside of the Shark Boy skit.

kiguel182

With the amount of matches they have on Raw is difficult to make the PPVs feel diferent. There are only so many matchups you can make.

Let's say that Vince finds out he only has a few months to live. How far off the rails does he drive the booking before croaking?

strobogo

Banned
WCW in 2000? WWF in 95? Something smells fishy around here...

wut.gif

Recall

That was a long time ago. Over a decade. I'd kill for another Raw PPV. Most this year have felt like just another Smackdown.

2002 and 2003 had some extremely lacklustre extended RAWs type PPVs. Once the competition was gone it didn't matter what they put on.

Same with the network now as the PPVs are just an extra program and something less special so they will become more and more generic and underwhelming. Why work hard when PPV buys and a chance of earning earning extra money are gone?

Marvel

could never
I'm pretty sure that, if it wasn't for public indecency laws, he'd be stark naked 24/7, to ensure that we can all bask in his true glory.

lol, this is better actually.

He'd want to show off his loins, especially with that power walk.

kiguel182

Halloween Havoc 1999 is a fun watch because it was Russo's first show and it is insanity the whole way through.

Moe-Szyslak.gif

I should change my avatar. Things get too real way to fast.

Yeah, the amount of content is definitely an issue. It's why I prefer ROH, and now, Lucha Underground.

NXT has that effect on me. And I still need to watch Lucha Underground. How is the presentation? Does it look like it's filmed on an high school gym?

1. Use the entire roster and not the same 10 people

2. Jobber matches

Unless you give everyone a story point one wouldn't really solve it.

point 2 is great.

But, in the end, they need to stop doing 6 hours of content. It's too much. They have way too much programming.

Alucard

Banned
LOL @ Ryback and Slater on Smackdown.

"I tricked the big guy!"
"You tricked the big guy!"

*slammed to hell and back*

Fun times. And now back to fast forwarding.

Shit I don't care about when cycling through WWE programming right now:

-anything involving John Cena
-anything involving The Authority
-the tag team "division"
-Cesaro/Ziggler/Sheamus combo matches
-Divas anything

Even Ambrose has been losing my interest. I feel like I'm only watching for Mizdow, Wyatt promos and video packages, and Rusev.

RP912

Banned
I finally saw Lucha Underground yesterday and it seriously reeks of WMAC Masters. Beyond the smell it was a pretty fun show.

Alucard

Banned
Why is a TNA fan trying to give suggestions about "improving" The Big Guy? Improve your own dumb fed first, scrub!

It's not "my" fed, but I can say with a straight face that TNA put on a better product than the WWE for the entire summer, and Impact never felt like a slog during that period.

I'm a wrestling fan, period. The only fed I'm more forgiving of is ROH, and that's because I really want them to do well and to see them continue do interesting things like the New Japan shows and the way they've bulked up their tag division.

Top Bottom