• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Hasney

Good thing I'm on mobile so I saw your nasty-ass face before opening the video.

ZwPNwbG.gif

I thought you had that money set aside towards the purchase of WWE 2k15?

After going back and forth I've decided I can't support the product they put out this year, despite wanting a quality wrestling product. I guess I can play some gamecube wrestling games on the Wii U though right?

Who you trying to fool Bobo? You're gonna buy it.

No good legends roster, no good storyline mode, and same old gameplay make it a no buy. I wanted to love the game and I might still get a PC version because I know it will be hacked to be good. Rumors are pointing to an April release for that.

strobogo

Banned
Random beer thoughts with Stro:

I was impressed with Prince Divot on NXT as long as he wasn't talking. When you look at him, you wouldn't expect that voice to come out. He doesn't need to talk. He sounds like teenage Sheamus or something. I was expecting him to say, "...and I love to foight." His double stomp looks better than KENTA's. It's a shame KENTA got stuck in a month long feud with the Ascension when Devitt gets right into shit with Tyson/Gabriel. Which is how KENTA should have debuted in the first place. Dude lost all of his momentum and hype immediately against two dudes who suck and can't work with him anyway. Devitt comes in and right away gets to work with guys who can actually work with him.

Sandman is by far the best ECW Original and is way underrated. He's deceptively athletic, a good promo, and could do whatever was needed of him. Maybe he wasn't good at anything technical. But he was a good brawler and would go beyond what anyone would expect of him in just about every match. WWE programing will bury the shit out of him, including Paul Heyman himself saying how terrible he was, but I don't think that was the case.

Steve Austin in ECW was great and a better promo than just about everyone besides Cactus. Better worker than everyone even after a 4 month lay off. Stone Cold and Real Ass Stone Cold were born in ECW. He even finished at least one promo with "and that's the bottom line".

Fonzie was the best heel in ECW in 1995. Not even close. Which doesn't say a whole lot about ECW when a REFEREE is the biggest heel.

Early Dudleys is actually pretty funny. Bubber's dancing and Dancing With Dudleys going from talking about being Native American to saying a bunch of shit in Spanish. Bubber said a lot of funny shit.

Simplythebest is still a GARBAGE poster. Perhaps the worst poster in Wrasslegaf. Someone should report him for requesting an illegal stream a couple of days ago. And spamming YT links without any context. The cunt.

I like a lot of dubbed themes on ECW as much or more than the original songs. New Jack's and Sandman's dubbed themes are pretty dope. Raven's is shitty, though. Most at least try to capture the feel of the original song. Not his.

ibkcbZtE06Yry3.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I would almost, probably, maybe be ok with the WWE games if they just kept piling stuff on top of stuff. Like, the gameplay is manageable enough that I can have fun with friends and maybe they could fix some more bugs if all they had to do was update the roster.

But I know they reuse moves all the time, so if you told me that the newest WWE game had ALL the characters from the past ones that they had the rights to? Might be ok with it. Like last year had Vader, Razor, Goldberg, etc. Some really awesome choices that I've wanted for a while, but they're gone in 2k15. Or they could just put out a legends focused game. I'd definitely buy that instead, though I was kind of hoping that's what All Stars would have turned into.

You know, I would almost, probably, maybe be ok with the WWE games if they just kept piling stuff on top of stuff. Like, the gameplay is manageable enough that I can have fun with friends and maybe they could fix some more bugs if all they had to do was update the roster.

But I know they reuse moves all the time, so if you told me that the newest WWE game had ALL the characters from the past ones that they had the rights to? Might be ok with it. Like last year had Vader, Razor, Goldberg, etc. Some really awesome choices that I've wanted for a while, but they're gone in 2k15. Or they could just put out a legends focused game. I'd definitely buy that instead, though I was kind of hoping that's what All Stars would have turned into.

Such a shame THQ canned that studio. They were a great dev and they finally could have gotten the series away from Yukes.

strobogo

Banned
shooting time with stro

It's always a shoot with me, friend. I'm a straight shooter. Simplythebest fucking sucks. He sucked when he was just posting Youtube links to his page. He sucks even more as the dude who posts his YT links AND does nothing else besides repost Observer/Wrestlezone "stories". Dude is worse than Aiii and Soul at their worst, combined. Someone needs to break Omerta on him for his posting of falsely or unlabeled links, asking for streams, and posting "newz" stories with no accreditation.

Hasney

All of the games releasing on Tuesday now have an OT seemingly. I can't quite put my finger on what is missing due to a lack of interest though.

ASsXIbA.gif

Lita's WWE career also ended at Survivor Series, so I'm not going to be surprised if AJ Lee follows in Lita's footsteps and also ends her career at that PPV as well. But I hate the fact she will be dropping the Divas Championship to Nikki Bella of all people in the process if these rumors turn out to be true. It's too bad Charlotte hasn't been called up yet from NXT, I would have rather she been the one to send AJ on her way out..not a Bella.

Xater

All of the games releasing on Tuesday now have an OT seemingly. I can't quite put my finger on what is missing due to a lack of interest though.

ASsXIbA.gif

You can make one if you want to. People will find a place to complain about the game either by someone making a OT or by hijacking the review thread which will definitely happen.

ASsXIbA.gif

But GTAV Remastered thread will be up later today!

Does someone want to make a 2k15 thread? I mean most of us wont be buying it so whatever.

If I was going to do it, it would be a dumb thread title and the entire OP would just be a picture comparing the newest version of Booker T to the old ones.

Hasney

You can make one if you want to. People will find a place to complain about the game either by someone making a OT or by hijacking the review thread which will definitely happen.

I would, but I Czeched the OT OT and it seems that making a negative OT is discouraged and I can't bring myself to do one in any other way.

Xater

I would, but I Czeched the OT OT and it seems that making a negative OT is discouraged and I can't bring myself to do one in any other way.

Then just wait for reviews and make a review thread. Shitting on a bad game in there is totally allowed.

You can't even make an OT that is tongue in cheek anymore? Those were fun.

Hasney

The entire thread should be about warning people not to buy the game

We'd have to shop banners that say "missing modes" and "shitty models" as well as all the usual OT shizz.
Then just wait for reviews and make a review thread. Shitting on a bad game in there is totally allowed.

You can't even make an OT that is tongue in cheek anymore? Those were fun.

I will do. Should be fun!

Not totally sure about the OT rules, but "don't make one if you don't have any interest in the game" seems to stand. I'd rather not risk a ban with the current releases from right here in WrassleGAF.

Xater

We'd have to shop banners that say "missing modes" and "shitty models" as well as all the usual OT shizz.

You don't have to. OTs can be bare bones. You can do one with just factual information and then let the shitting commence.

Anyway, I expect reviews to be pretty bad. Not only because of the missing content but also because of the new grappling system. I really did not like that system at all when I palyed the game. It slowed everything down so much.

bjork

Were TNN/Spike big before they took wrestling on? Could be a chance for a smaller market channel to grab some wrestling and grow.

TNN was the shit before they got into wrestling. They used to play tons of tractor pull shows and sippy hole races and shit. Music videos too, but it was all country... though it was country before bitches like Toby Keith and Brad Paisley got involved, so maybe it was good. I just remember it being a cool channel for some hillbilly shit.

Good thing I'm on mobile so I saw your nasty-ass face before opening the video.

image.php

bjork

I finally made it to a final match in KOTR on Supercard but I'm sleepy as shit and it's not for another hour. Grind out energy cards, or enjoy a nice warm spot in bed?

Hasney

I finally made it to a final match in KOTR on Supercard but I'm sleepy as shit and it's not for another hour. Grind out energy cards, or enjoy a nice warm spot in bed?

Sleep. Fuck the support card and take the L, or get a nice surprise when you wake up.

bjork

Sleep. Fuck the support card and take the L, or get a nice surprise when you wake up.

I think so too. It's gotten cold here finally, so I plugged in the waterbed heater. That first couple minutes is so nice, warm spot is waiting for you.

Alucard

Banned
Things that don't go well: Mentioning ANY of the Torah Talk stories to a girl who claims she is "serious about Jesus" and if you aren't, you have no business talking to her.

Among her responses were: "God hates evil. Evil dies. Period." "You can look for bad things all day. Doesn't really matter, does it?" "Didn't your parents ever say, 'I brought you into this world and I can take you out!' :)" "Doesn't matter what He is. He's still God no matter what opinion you have." "Read the Gospels. John."

I asked if she had actually read the Old Testament recently: "Lol I don't really want to. I like to see things as a whole." "The Old Testament isn't really very relevant." " I don't like to read history books either. So..." "It's irrelevant how to live today."

When asked how the Gospels were any more relevant to modern life as the Torah: "I just don't understand why people who don't believe try so hard to shake the faith of believers." "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight."

Note, this same woman took no issues with any of the stories out of Koran Korner. But telling actual stories from the Old Testament makes her go from offended, to saying they don't matter anyway, to claiming I'm trying hard to shake her faith, to shutting down completely. I wanted to talk to her about them because I assumed someone who claims they are "serious" about Jesus and their faith would be knowledgeable of stories in the bible. But I'm now pretty convinced she probably has only read the first few paragraphs of Genesis, the Noah stuff, and only the Moses stuff that doesn't have him come off as both a coward and a dude with anger problems and prone to murder. Or stories where God himself comes off as the most petty sack of shit.

Also note, I have also gone over these stories with another friend of mine who is serious in her faith and she wasn't offended, didn't get mad, and also thought they were crazy.

It really depends on a person's education and ability to entertain ideas and not lose your shit about them. The first girl sounds like your garden variety Christian who has never stopped to question anything about the bible or organized religion. And they're happier for it. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Along time ago, probably 18 months or so, I mentioned something about wanting to create a Wrestling RPG. Well, I've decided that 2015 will be the year that I actually attempt to make it happen.

I'm currently pre-planning, I guess, looking at which program would be best to use. I have to 'commercial' game engines I can currently use:

RPG Maker
GameMaker Studio Pro

While I appreciate that neither one is extremely amazing, they both seem to be fairly decent for a beginner such as myself. I'll keep you updated with my efforts as they happen.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll be honest, when I saw #GetWellSoonZayn was trending, I got very afraid Sami Zayn was injured, but he's fine guys. It's just one of those One Direction dudes that got the sniffles.

Top Bottom