• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
hznc4Mp.jpg

Rey Cism

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS at the second bumper sticker. People actually put that on their car and drove around with it. What in the fuck.

hznc4Mp.jpg

Rey Cism

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS at the second bumper sticker. People actually put that on their car and drove around with it. What in the fuck.

Welcome to 'Merica

So sick of seeing that Vince gif (you know which one) being appropriated for some shitty nerd news no one gives a shit about. The original gif made perfect sense, playing on Vince's reputed love of striations, but somehow I can't see Vinny Mac losing his shit over Marvel's phase 3 lineup or some special Gamecube controller for Smash Bros. NERRRRRRRRRDSS!!

Anywho, Dragon Gate's about to start. GO TOZAWA!

So sick of seeing that Vince gif (you know which one) being appropriated for some shitty nerd news no one gives a shit about. The original gif made perfect sense, playing on Vince's reputed love of striations, but somehow I can't see Vinny Mac losing his shit over Marvel's phase 3 lineup or some special Gamecube controller for Smash Bros. NERRRRRRRRRDSS!!

Anywho, Dragon Gate's about to start. GO TOZAWA!

iBATU7vNT0tiB.gif

I find it funny how Axel has turned into my brother if he completely let himself go... Though actually I've seen more of Axel in the last 18 or so years than I have my brother, but just from pictures I've seen.

So is "daddy" the new "brother" in the wrasslin lexicon?

I'm pretty sure "daddy" was the original "brother".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching more Alf. I bet modern Sitcoms really took a hit when they could no longer have the 'I need my own phone line' character arc with the daughter character.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 12/2/96

• Glacier vs Hardbody Harrison
  • Joe Gomez/Renegade vs Amazing French Canadians
  • Faces of Fear vs Robert Gibson/Scotty Riggs
  • Kevin Sullivan vs ???
  • Billy Kidman vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Big Bubber vs Jeff Jarrett
  • David Taylor vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Arn Anderson vs Jim Powers
  • Chris Benoit vs Steven Regal
  • Rocco Rock vs Lex Luger
  • Rick Steiner vs Sting

This is kind of a weird show. The nWo takes over the second out, with Hall/Nash/Bischoff on commentary. Yet contrary to what you might think, they called the show pretty straight and put dudes over huge in every match. Particularly Eddie, Regal, Benoit, and Arn. Speaking of Regal, he got busted open from a headbutt so most of the match was a wide angle, so it was kind of like watching from the crowd. Piper and Hogan don't want to put effort into showing up to build their program, so WCW has Arn Anderson come out and cut a promo to sum everything up and build it up. Which is SUCH a WCW thing to do.

ib1hEMMCsgdNCw.gif

ib18QZKAylG45Q.gif

iCDO2KJc1C2tz.gif

It's not "my" fed, but I can say with a straight face that TNA put on a better product than the WWE for the entire summer, and Impact never felt like a slog during that period.

I'm a wrestling fan, period. The only fed I'm more forgiving of is ROH, and that's because I really want them to do well and to see them continue do interesting things like the New Japan shows and the way they've bulked up their tag division.
RoH is a dying product until they can lockdown some more exclusive talent. I really side with them on the Michael Elgin work. You have to differentiate yourself from other indies, and one of the ways you do that is through exclusives, like a console....

kiguel182

ROH needs better production values.

NTX is filmed by students and it looks and sounds better than ROH programming. They need to match them or else they won't grow.

RoH is a dying product until they can lockdown some more exclusive talent. I really side with them on the Michael Elgin work. You have to differentiate yourself from other indies, and one of the ways you do that is through exclusives, like a console....

This is an interesting point, I don't watch as many indies I used to but I feel like the uniqueness of each indie promotions has sort of faded over the years. Most indie shows have the same wrestlers on their rosters now, and put on the same sort of matches.

I think about 2002 and you had really distinctive styles out there.

CZW
ROH
CHIKARA
IWA-MS

They were all different and for the most part had their own unique roster too.

strobogo

Banned
Probably because it is something he made up and thought about for a week so he could make a thread about it. Like Sunny does.

chop.gif

MC Safety

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923626

This thread. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT IN THE ER?

The second I started pissing blood I'd be at the hospital in five minutes time, how on Earth is your first response "Hey, lets ask for advise on my blood pissing first?"

Wow.

I don't know how you get to the point where you think receiving advice on the Internet is equal- or preferable to seeking help from a trained medical professional.

Congratulations on the sex, dude, but get thee to a doctor.

strobogo

Banned
We're almost to the end of stro's Nitro reviews :(

1997 will get put up in 2019. Don't fret.

A SNME from 1991. On a show with a 20 man battle royal, a total of 7 performers didn't end up in WCW at some point in the 90s. In the battle royal, only 2 didn't make it to WCW: HBK and Texas Tornado. The only member of the broadcast team not to end up in WCW was Vince himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
1997 will get put up in 2019. Don't fret.
Real talk: I'm expecting a huge addition in the first week of December, either 1997/98 Nitro, or a big batch of Raw's from that period. They need at least something advertised for then to keep the people around after the free month ends.

Then again, this is WWE and they have no clue what they're doing anyways.

strobogo

Banned
Real talk: I'm expecting a huge addition in the first week of December, either 1997/98 Nitro, or a big batch of Raw's from that period. They need at least something advertised for then to keep the people around after the free month ends.

Then again, this is WWE and they have no clue what they're doing anyways.

I expect them to upload a year of dry ass 1970s Stampede or something. Main events with Bruce and Keith and Cowboy Bret in the openers.

I'm going to go to my local thrift shop so I can dress more like the 6/10 that I am. Currently dressing as a 2/10.*

*80% of thrift stores in Indiana are full of dad jeans, grandma blouses, and Colts/IU sweaters.

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 12/2/96

• Glacier vs Hardbody Harrison
  • Joe Gomez/Renegade vs Amazing French Canadians
  • Faces of Fear vs Robert Gibson/Scotty Riggs
  • Kevin Sullivan vs ???
  • Billy Kidman vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Big Bubber vs Jeff Jarrett
  • David Taylor vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Arn Anderson vs Jim Powers
  • Chris Benoit vs Steven Regal
  • Rocco Rock vs Lex Luger
  • Rick Steiner vs Sting

This is kind of a weird show. The nWo takes over the second out, with Hall/Nash/Bischoff on commentary. Yet contrary to what you might think, they called the show pretty straight and put dudes over huge in every match. Particularly Eddie, Regal, Benoit, and Arn. Speaking of Regal, he got busted open from a headbutt so most of the match was a wide angle, so it was kind of like watching from the crowd. Piper and Hogan don't want to put effort into showing up to build their program, so WCW has Arn Anderson come out and cut a promo to sum everything up and build it up. Which is SUCH a WCW thing to do.

ib1hEMMCsgdNCw.gif

ib18QZKAylG45Q.gif

iCDO2KJc1C2tz.gif

I know you keep talking about Benoit not being shown in his feud with Sullivan, but was it shown back in the day? This isn't WWE editing Benoit feuding over Nancy off the show, right?

strobogo

Banned
I know you keep talking about Benoit not being shown in his feud with Sullivan, but was it shown back in the day? This isn't WWE editing Benoit feuding over Nancy off the show, right?

No. All the promos are cryptic and it is never said outright what they're actually feuding over, or what the relationship between Sullivan and Woman is. Even people that have known them for a 10 years and should know they are married. It's full on Russo booking to the smarks shit. Their big match that had promos for 2 months was on a house show, clips of which were shown on Saturday Night and Nitro 2 weeks later. Every time one of them has a promo, everyone is confused and someone says, "there is more than meets the eye here, folks". By this point I think you could figure out that Benoit was fucking Woman and Woman was involved with Sullivan or something, but they never say it. It's so weird. I don't get the point in it. I also have a hard time believing that no one in WCW knows Sullivan and Woman are married. Tony and Dusty don't know? Come on. Benoit isn't edited off of anything except documentaries and the Countdown stuff. Even though he did make it into the cruiserweight MNW, although his name was edited out. But they didn't at all try to edit him out of the Radicalz at ringside or in the back with HHH. But then they DID edit him out of the same footage for Jericho's MNW.

Top Bottom