• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Ric Flair

Banned
Just got a "WWE network FREE!" ad on gaf, no thanks Vince. Maybe put the live raw shows on there and we'll talk. I don't care how, get it done.

Omega

Banned
It's better than John Cena or Kurt Angle.

Unless they debut a new finisher no it's not.

He's a joke of a big guy who has the worst finisher in the history of wrestling. He has 4 moves in his arsenal.

Ryback has always been terrible and always will be terrible

Marvel

could never
ibauDsVha2KzoG.gif
GOAT stunner.

strobogo

Banned

He's a joke of a big guy who has the worst finisher in the history of wrestling. He has 4 moves in his arsenal.

iZPjBPgffZDaG.gif

Ryback is a fun hoss in an era of skinnyfat punks and weak vegans.

Ric Flair

Banned
I'm not sure you know what you're asking for, friend. Live Raw is boring as shit.

Hahaha, too true. The Hulu version is pretty hard to watch, I don't think live RAW would be much easier, now that I think about it. One can only look into Jerry Lawlers disinterested, soulless eyes as he pushes the WWE network so many times before switching to watching something else.

strobogo

Banned
Hahaha, too true. The Hulu version is pretty hard to watch, I don't think live RAW would be much easier, now that I think about it. One can only look into Jerry Lawlers disinterested, soulless eyes as he pushes the WWE network so many times before switching to watching something else.

Do you have cable at all? If you have Xfinity, you can stream it and Smackdown. If you have USA at all you can use their app to live stream or watch on demand.

Vylash

bW8w1zI.gif

can't even hear you

His war crate sucks. The clothesline's pretty good, I'll give him that, but he needs more gratuitous displays of power. Deadlifts and gutwrenches. And a Sprial Bomb as his finisher.

Ric Flair

Banned
Do you have cable at all? If you have Xfinity, you can stream it and Smackdown. If you have USA at all you can use their app to live stream or watch on demand.

Nah, just internet streaming services. That sounds really cool though. I had time warner for awhile, but I was paying too much for shit I never watched. The hulu version is good enough for now, lets me skip all the diva matches and "comedy" sections.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The point is that it's still better than John Cena consuming his heat completely or Kurt Angle rolling to the ring in a wheel chair.

and that bootaaay supports animal abusers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arn Anderson tumblr blogs are hilarious. They're either creepily sexual, or they are a collection of him looking haggard and unkempt.
oOxU1a8.jpg

Jamie OD

Spent my afternoon looking through my collection of Japanese wrestling magazines and I found a reference sheet of phrases for Japanese fans to use when they speak to foreign wrestlers. They even some creepy phrases thrown in for good measure.

http://i.imgur.com/0NOQGMc.jpg

strobogo

Banned
How am I supposed to respond to this? Like, what's the aim here? I forgot Tozawa was involved in that scandal and now I feel kinda shitty for being such a big fan of his. Happy?

I demand you resign from your post immediately. Plus a donation to the WWF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How am I supposed to respond to this? Like, what's the aim here? I forgot Tozawa was involved in that scandal and now I feel kinda shitty for being such a big fan of his. Happy?

That you shouldn't forget about something as severe as nearly choking an innocent creature to death? I find it pretty telling about the state of professional wrestling that this piece of shit still gets booked and even pushed when he's made no known public apologies for his actions and only hides under the guise that his company apologized for him. I might forgive him if I actually saw him volunteering at shelters or posting in his blog about a pet he takes care of.

JavyOO7

Oh my. Sucks that WWE apparently doesn't have music rights in WCW because hearing Jericho's "Break the Walls Down" in WWF appear in Fall Brawl '97 is pretty hilarious to me.

Ric Flair

Banned
Oh my. Sucks that WWE apparently doesn't have music rights in WCW because hearing Jericho's "Break the Walls Down" in WWF appear in Fall Brawl '97 is pretty hilarious to me.

I can understand that though, to be honest. Alot of those guys were given stock Turner company sound clips (Jericho was given a basketball jingle for his entrance music, if memory serves me right, which also happened to be a nearly whole-sale Pearl Jam "even flow" ripoff).

Fox318

Why can't they just show stuff the way it aired?

Its not like they are selling ads during the shows?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't mean to put you on the spot boootaaaay. I just hate how that whole thing went down. Makes me really mad.

That you shouldn't forget about something as severe as nearly choking an innocent creature to death?

I didn't forget about the incident, but rather about Tozawa's involvement. It was Ryoma (who now goes by YO-HEY in BJW & Freedoms, because no place else will book him) who was pictured choking the animal and he was fired over the scandal.

I just hate how that whole thing went down. Makes me really mad.

I found it remarkable how quickly the whole thing blew over, I think it's safe to say more heads would have rolled had it been an American promotion.

JavyOO7

I can understand that though, to be honest. Alot of those guys were given stock Turner company sound clips (Jericho was given a basketball jingle for his entrance music, if memory serves me right, which also happened to be a nearly whole-sale Pearl Jam "even flow" ripoff).

Jericho's first WCW theme was this one. Take out the vocals though.

I was looking for that theme in Fall Brawl 1997 but it was replaced with his BDTW theme. I'm guessing you are right and they don't have the 'Even Flow' rip off. I'm actually happy they have his first theme in FB '96 though.

Why can't they just show stuff the way it aired?

Its not like they are selling ads during the shows?

Rights, basically. It sucks but it is what it is. But I guess they did not pour through these uploads in WWEN because I've been finding instances where they replace themes and when they don't. Steamboat's WWF theme "Sirius" was replaced by this super generic song in his WM3 match against Savage. But you go to the WWF 'The Main Event' PPV and its there. The inconsistencies drives me nuts. =p

Someone needs to make a compilation of all Andre's various handicap matches, loved seeing him toss jobbers around the ring and the goofy submissions he'd come up with to tie his opponents together. They were always the best matches for accentuating his gigantic size as well, what with the generally smaller stature of the average jobber.

Andre.gif

Andre2.gif

Andre4.gif

RP912

Banned

well atleast it's the original version instead of the newer one, but it still sucks regardless :/.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Lucha Underground was pretty good. The main event was great. I've never seen Morrison or Ricochet wrestle before that.

RP912

Banned
Andre seem like fun in the ring. Dude made you believe he was the 8th wonder of the world instead of the 5th plate from a doggy bag like big show :/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, that monkey incident passed under my radar. Despicable. Can't find it in myself to want to see any Tozawa again. :/

Yeah, I had only heard of Shingo's involvement. It's been several years and no one here knows any extent of what Tozawa did. Honestly I'm pretty done here if we all hate Tozawa now for this. It's been over five years, it's not like there's some rumored pattern of him doing this since. 5 years is a long time for someone to be a better person. I hardly want to be judged by everything I did 5 years ago.

somedevil

This is funny:

As part of all the San Francisco Giants World Series celebration, Daniel Bryan gave Hunter Pence a replica WWE title belt. Hopefully this all airs on Raw tomorrow night. I've actually had people suggest to me it won't, and the scary part was I couldn't even argue they were wrong. There were people who knew Bryan's name and a lot of people chanting "Yes" at the parade on Friday.

It will be funny if they don't do anything on it. He was even in the parade. Though it seems the WWE doesn't like stuff like this when its done by Bryan.

DMczaf

I hope it comes out that the Giants called the WWE for Bryan, and then WWE tried to sell them on Roman Reigns coming instead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I had only heard of Shingo's involvement. It's been several years and no one here knows any extent of what Tozawa did. Honestly I'm pretty done here if we all hate Tozawa now for this. It's been over five years, it's not like there's some rumored pattern of him doing this since. 5 years is a long time for someone to be a better person. I hardly want to be judged by everything I did 5 years ago.

What did you do five years ago?

Thankfully it IS that old and this is the first I've heard of it. Hope he's done like people in America do when getting caught abusing animals, and has done a lot of work to help animals.

Well at least they are feeding Rusev to The Big Guy and not to fucking Cena.

Although Cena will end his run we all know this. Then it will be comedy jobber land for the Bulgarian Brute. Which is sad because I enjoy Rusev's ringwork, dude can sell and has good hoss matches.

I'm sure the Ryback feud will be fun.

strobogo

Banned
Possible things Mecha did 5 years ago that he'd hope he wouldn't be judged for today:

Doing a really stupid indie spot

Having a really terrible match

Stealing candy from a baby

Buying Nickelback's Here and Now album

Top Bottom