• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Wondering when Dragon Gate are going to give Tozawa his break and I realised, this is the 3rd time I've turned on someone's title reign because they beat Akira Tozawa - Gargano, CIMA & Hulk. Not that I was the biggest fan of Hulk to begin with, but even so...I don't think I've heard an audience deflate quite as quickly as when Hulk won today, even with half the arena cheering in his favour. People want to see Tozawa win and his is the most compelling story in Dragon Gate at present. Dude has so much innate charisma, he's an incredibly sympathetic and likeable character and connects so well with the audience, to the degree that I've got to feel Tozawa's big win is coming, maybe not this year, but certainly in the next.

Best match of the show, however, was the Twin Gate title match of T-Hawk & Eita vs CIMA & Gamma, just a hugely exciting tag team sprint and a good contender for tag match of the year. Also, Flamita had a good match with Kanda - it's insane to think that this kid is only 19 years old and already this good.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How far behind are the ROH episodes on local channels? The one I recorded last night is from the end of September. I don't know whether I just need to find another timeslot on the channel when they might air newer episodes.

Wondering when Dragon Gate are going to give Tozawa his break and I realised, this is the 3rd time I've turned on someone's title reign because they beat Akira Tozawa - Gargano, CIMA & Hulk. Not that I was the biggest fan of Hulk to begin with, but even so...I don't think I've heard an audience deflate quite as quickly as when Hulk won today, even with half the arena cheering in his favour. People want to see Tozawa win and his is the most compelling story in Dragon Gate at present. Dude has so much innate charisma, he's an incredibly sympathetic and likeable character and connects so well with the audience, to the degree that I've got to feel Tozawa's big win is coming, maybe not this year, but certainly in the next.

Best match of the show, however, was the Twin Gate title match of T-Hawk & Eita vs CIMA & Gamma, just a hugely exciting tag team sprint and a good contender for tag match of the year. Also, Flamita had a good match with Kanda - it's insane to think that this kid is only 19 years old and already this good.
C'mon Final Gate rematch for Tozawa.

C'mon Final Gate rematch for Tozawa.

I'm hoping, but it looks like Shingo will stick his big fat head where it doesn't belong. I suspect he'll turn on Tozawa and I'm guessing it'll be Hulk vs Shingo at Final Gate.

Tozawa has come along way since his run on the Indies.,

I take it dragongate was,good last night?

Yeah, about on par with DG's other big shows this year. Definitely check out the Twin Gate match.

You know who was never fat?

John Sina.

http://i.imgur.com/je5eKoM.jpg

Vylash

hey guys, what's going o-

ibvv7GLAXxHHhz.gif

Carnby

I can't believe you guys were right about WWE jumping on the Vine RKO Outta Nowhere bandwagon. There was a segment about the creator of the videos on This Week in WWE.

Oh yeah, I got me an IWA-MS show. Expect GIFs later. Deathmatch tag tournament.

Although I'm sure people would complain if this was an indy gif.

Ain't that the truth. I remember people bitching about one of ACH's awesome over-the-top sells like it was the death knell of professional wrestling.

Did you check out this year's BOLA from PWG? Stone Cold ACH was a ton of fun, crowd went insane.

10658994_914043645290994_2531648745299606235_o.jpg

WWE 2K mocap crew. From left to right:

Spirit Squad Mikey, former TNA/WWE'er Cassidy Riley, former WWE developmentals Micah Taylor and Tracy Taylor, Chris Hero, no idea, and Harry Smith

Paracelsus

SCSA's finisher is more than likely the most raise-above-booking finisher of all time.

Takes multiple finishers and outside interference to beat Undertaker? Not for Austin, one stunner and he's down.
Takes three Tombstone to somewhat pin Kane? Ha, one stunner and he's buried for life.
Even at WMXX, same stuff. Goldberg was a man who couldn't be kept down by chokeslam and pedigree, but he gets one stunner and he's like dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Um, I would and have complained about goofy stunner sells. For a long time, also.
tumblr_mlywg8iDan1soy2w4o1_400.gif

The best stunner sells were the early ones because they looked like actual selling not like yukes programmed it.

Selkies!

CZW was weird last night. There was a like 35 minute hardcore match that ended with a deathmatch dude taking a burning hammer. Niles Young pulled out a knife and tried to stab Biff Busick.

But things were basically how I remembered them. Sabian was there and he harassed a girl on his way to the ring. The Front is as awkward and cheesy as BLK OUT was. People are still cutting promos about Trent Acid and Nick Gage. DJ Hyde lost a match. There was a black charismatic and slightly effeminate host. Plenty of racism from heels and homophobia from faces. It all felt familiar and warm and safe. Plus that NRBW match was actually pretty good, knife and all.

Omega

Banned
I hate this Stunner sell. Best Stunner sell belongs to Scott Hall at Wrestlemania.

scott-hall-stunner-o.gif

Boom.

scott hall did the best everything though. it wouldn't be fair to include him into these discussions

Mr. Lucha ruined kids days in the Steam thread lol

WWE News: WWE Superstar Ryback Rumored To Be Ending Rusev’s Undefeated Streak

well that's disappointing.

somedevil

Just watched it. Thanks for sharing.

Is there any way of *legally* watching this if I don't have El Ray available with my cable package. I live in the US. The only place where I live that offers it is direct TV and I have Comcast.

Nope. I just watched the Dailymotion version. There is a replay on another network a couple days later but the commentary is in Spanish.

Top Bottom