• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Yeah, I had only heard of Shingo's involvement. It's been several years and no one here knows any extent of what Tozawa did. Honestly I'm pretty done here if we all hate Tozawa now for this. It's been over five years, it's not like there's some rumored pattern of him doing this since. 5 years is a long time for someone to be a better person. I hardly want to be judged by everything I did 5 years ago.

I still can't stand to watch a Chris Benoit match and how long has it been since that happened.

Marvel

could never
Waiting for the "how do females wash their ass?" thread to pop up soon.

ibnl9kMhTAFet4.gif

Can't wait.

Ithil

This is funny:

It will be funny if they don't do anything on it. He was even in the parade. Though it seems the WWE doesn't like stuff like this when its done by Bryan.

Bryan has had personal interactions with both the Superbowl winning team and the World Series winning team this year. You know if Cena had this connection to the Seahawks and Giants WWE would be ramming it down your thought every week for months.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
"WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THIS GUY CARRYING ME EVENTUALLY PUSHES ME OVER TO YOU!?!?"

What a fucking has-been. He's ruining his reputation every time he does shit like this.
Cut him some slack. He slammed that 800lb Andre the Giant in front of 250,000 people, afterall.

strobogo

Banned
What the fuck, where did you find this? I think I was at this event, it was in Sydney right? It was terrible

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/2013/12/6/wwa-the-inception-102601?rq=wwa

God damn, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is DOG SHIT. Even worse than Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is also terrible. No wonder the Universal Horror relaunch didn't work in the 90s. Two biggest properties and you through out two awful movies right from the start. For some reason I assumed Frankenstein was better. Maybe because the OG Frankenstein series was the best in the Universal Horror Cinnamon Universe. Maybe because Bob De Niro plays the creature. Nope. It's dog shit through and through and then back again.

It's like....you have this super hyped up Wrestlemania. Perhaps a big milestone event. Like Wrestlemania 40. You have a record breaking crowd in attendance who are rabid. Then the first match is the Nasty Boys vs Bushwhackers. The crowd dies on the inside, but they're still excited because it's WRESTLEMANIA 40!!! Then the next match is Konnan vs Michael Hayes. Wrestlemania is dead for the next 60 years.

Alucard

Banned
That Hogan gif features some strong Christ imagery. It's like Hogan is looking up towards God and saying, "Forgive Yukes, father, for they know not what they do."

Jericho's first WCW theme was this one. Take out the vocals though.

I was looking for that theme in Fall Brawl 1997 but it was replaced with his BDTW theme. I'm guessing you are right and they don't have the 'Even Flow' rip off. I'm actually happy they have his first theme in FB '96 though.

Rights, basically. It sucks but it is what it is. But I guess they did not pour through these uploads in WWEN because I've been finding instances where they replace themes and when they don't. Steamboat's WWF theme "Sirius" was replaced by this super generic song in his WM3 match against Savage. But you go to the WWF 'The Main Event' PPV and its there. The inconsistencies drives me nuts. =p
I absolutely love this song.

If we're giving Boots shit for liking Tozawa, then anyone who has ever liked Dragon Gate ever needs to get it just as bad, because there's some real fucked up shit that's happened over there.

Kind of a dick way to go about it, Data

DMczaf

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/2013/12/6/wwa-the-inception-102601?rq=wwa

God damn, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is DOG SHIT. Even worse than Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is also terrible. No wonder the Universal Horror relaunch didn't work in the 90s. Two biggest properties and you through out two awful movies right from the start. For some reason I assumed Frankenstein was better. Maybe because the OG Frankenstein series was the best in the Universal Horror Cinnamon Universe. Maybe because Bob De Niro plays the creature. Nope. It's dog shit through and through and then back again.

It's like....you have this super hyped up Wrestlemania. Perhaps a big milestone event. Like Wrestlemania 40. You have a record breaking crowd in attendance who are rabid. Then the first match is the Nasty Boys vs Bushwhackers. The crowd dies on the inside, but they're still excited because it's WRESTLEMANIA 40!!! Then the next match is Konnan vs Michael Hayes. Wrestlemania is dead for the next 60 years.

My favorite part was how they had real ass video games for these movies too

22558_front.jpg

2a_41832_0_MaryShelleysFrankenstein.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Can ya'll catch me up on all this Dragon Gate controversy? All I got from the past page or so is that Tozawa may have tortured a dog 5 years ago.

DM, those SNES boxes make me nostalgic for simpler times, bro. :(

Can ya'll catch me up on all this Dragon Gate controversy? All I got from the past page or so is that Tozawa may have tortured a dog 5 years ago.

Stro, those SNES boxes make me nostalgic for simpler times, bro. :(

I'll truncate.

Back in 09, Shingo posted some pictures on his blog about the monkey that Dragon Gate kept in its' gym, CORA. It was of some pretty disgusting animal abuse; choking, dragging, etc. The blog got into detail about it as well.

People thought this meant Shingo did it, but it ended up being that the monkey had escaped, he had caught the monkey and brought it back, and then another roster member gave him the pictures of abuse to post on his blog (in the hopes that DG management would notice and take action).

Blowback; a rookie named Ryoma was fired (and basically had his career ended). Long standing theory is that Tozawa had something to do with it, considering he got buried for years until his US run got him to catch fire. Otherwise, they were never going to do anything with him.

Don't even get me started on DG stuff, though. Tozawa and Stalker Ichikawa got treated like absolute garbage for years and years before this, and I've heard terrifying stories about the hazing over there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Stro, those SNES boxes make me nostalgic for simpler times, bro. :(

Dragon Gate had a pet monkey they used as an idol that the younger wrestlers took care of. RYOMA, Tozawa, and Ono were said to be abusing the monkey. Not just kicking it but lighting firecrackers on it, choking it, throwing it, etc.. It got out to public, and RYOMA took the majority of the blame because he was the one chronicling all the abuse, photographing it, and being caught red-handed. But several students had said Tozawa and Ono abused it as well. Whether they did it because their friend did it or not, doesn't really matter. They did it, but RYOMA was the one that Dragon Gate could blame and punish and hopefully sweep everything else under the rug.

As far as I've found, Tozawa himself has never apologized for his involvement and definitely not in any meaningful way to show he learned from the abuse. It's why when Mecha said 'stuff we did 5 years ago', I had to think, 'what the fuck could you possibly have done as bad as abusing a caged up animal?' It's not like they put him in silly suits or made fun of the guy.

Araken was the whistle blower. Shingo's picture was from when the monkey had escaped and it was caught, fairly unprofessionally. But it wasn't Shingo encouraging or voyeuring the torture acts the three did to the creature before.

JavyOO7

Speaking of hazing, if the stories that I read are true then I'm not sure why Hugh Morris hasn't been axed as NXT trainer yet.

Alucard

Banned
Hmm, the actual maturity and character of many pro wrestlers is one of the things that makes me want to step away at times. Same with hockey or pretty much anything. People can be scum bags and I don't want to support those kinds of people.

JavyOO7

He's been fired before. And it's not like Vince McMahon doesn't regularly employ scumbags

This is true.

I just find the stuff fascinating. Its like there aren't many adults in the wrestling industry. Like they never grew up past high school. I say this only knowing about WWE and WCW backstage stuff through the years and the tidbit about DG in this page.

Hmm, the actual maturity and character of many pro wrestlers is one of the things that makes me want to step away at times. Same with hockey or pretty much anything. People can be scum bags and I don't want to support those kinds of people.
It really set DG back years. I mean BxB Hulk has to put in overtime to overcome this.

Please be patient...

Due to the overwhelming response, we had to shut this page down for the moment. Please check back in 24 hours. Thanks.

I'M SO OVER

This is true.

I just find the stuff fascinating. Its like there aren't many adults in the wrestling industry. Like they never grew up past high school. I say this only knowing about WWE and WCW backstage stuff through the years and the tidbit about DG in this page.

It's worse on the indies. Way worse.

Alucard

Banned
This is true.

Hate to say it, but some dumb jocks never stop being dumb jocks. They hang around other dumb jocks who also have a similar level of maturity and who would never bother to take a college or university class on sociology, psychology, philosophy, etc. to expand their worldview or learn how people and power relations work.

Alucard

Banned
It really set DG back years. I mean BxB Hulk has to put in overtime to overcome this.

BxB Hulk had a total "I don't wanna be here. Please don't take a picture with me" attitude when I attended DGUSA Uprising 2010. I hope he has a better character than that and that he was just having a bad day then.

Hate to say it, but some dumb jocks never stop being dumb jocks. They hang around other dumb jocks who also have a similar level of maturity and who would never bother to take a college or university class on sociology, psychology, philosophy, etc. to expand their worldview or learn how people and power relations work.

You have to also remember that in the case of indies (and other places like DG), they're pretty small, too. So there's some real inferiority complex stuff going on, there. Especially in DG, where they're obsessed with muscle and fashion to the point that any foreigner who goes over there joins their workout circuit. Sometimes it works (Ricochet, Matt Sydal, Rich Swann) and sometimes they want no part of it (AR Fox, Jack Evans, others).

Dan Maff.

A few things on that one:

Nearly a decade ago (like two regimes ago?), nothing regarding that situation was ever verified, and the main person saying it was Homicide, who is fucking crazy. That whole crew of Cide/Ki/etc are some astounding assholes.

somedevil

lol, Bryan Alvarez just said the video with Vince was made a week ago. So when the Big Show came out to get the fan's chanting Yes it was really just to use them for that announcement.

They better than show Bryan at the Giants parade tomorrow.

And yet it worked

Did it work because it was alleged, or because Cide said he would kill him if he was ever at a show with him? This is when Cide was all over the Northeast, by the way. He never provided any proof or anything resembling evidence, either.

It's a wash, Maff came back and they made up. So unless you want to upgrade that rumor to something higher, chalk it up to Cide being a colossal asshole and call it a day

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did it work because it was alleged, or because Cide said he would kill him if he was ever at a show with him? This is when Cide was all over the Northeast, by the way.

It's a wash, Maff came back and they made up. So unless you want to upgrade that rumor to something higher, chalk it up to Cide being a colossal asshole and call it a day

It worked because Homicide got his way. It worked for homicide because that's how the wrestling industry is. As long as the promoter has a star, they don't care. Had Maff been at Samoa Joe popularity, they would have told Homicide to fuck off. Had nothing to do with who was guilty or who was not.

And christ, don't even get me started on Low Ki's garbage.

Notice how he never really stays in one place of note for too long? TNA? WWE? NJPW? Hell, AJPW?

He acts like king shit, shoot kicks everybody with full force, and acts like a colossal douchebag to everyone ever. I remember when he did that stupid goddamn koppo kick full force to Ahtu, clearly knocked him out, then decided do cartwheel kick and double stomp him just because it 'wouldn't make sense' to just pin him.

And when he tried to stiff Akebono, Akebono just fucking crushed him, hurt him, then got him fired

If we're giving Boots shit for liking Tozawa, then anyone who has ever liked Dragon Gate ever needs to get it just as bad, because there's some real fucked up shit that's happened over there.

Kind of a dick way to go about it, Data
Yeah, or wrestling in general. So many horrible people.
Dragon Gate had a pet monkey they used as an idol that the younger wrestlers took care of. RYOMA, Tozawa, and Ono were said to be abusing the monkey. Not just kicking it but lighting firecrackers on it, choking it, throwing it, etc.. It got out to public, and RYOMA took the majority of the blame because he was the one chronicling all the abuse, photographing it, and being caught red-handed. But several students had said Tozawa and Ono abused it as well. Whether they did it because their friend did it or not, doesn't really matter. They did it, but RYOMA was the one that Dragon Gate could blame and punish and hopefully sweep everything else under the rug.

As far as I've found, Tozawa himself has never apologized for his involvement and definitely not in any meaningful way to show he learned from the abuse. It's why when Mecha said 'stuff we did 5 years ago', I had to think, 'what the fuck could you possibly have done as bad as abusing a caged up animal?' It's not like they put him in silly suits or made fun of the guy.

Araken was the whistle blower. Shingo's picture was from when the monkey had escaped and it was caught, fairly unprofessionally. But it wasn't Shingo encouraging or voyeuring the torture acts the three did to the creature before.

Look at how you twist my words here. I didn't say I did anything as awful as torturing a monkey. I just expressed the fact that 5 years can be a long time to grow and learn from mistakes.
Also, in their culture is a big public apology the way to go? What if it's handled privately and he takes his punishment. You just seem very over the top in judgement and expectations for something you don't have firsthand information on. Unlike The Chris Benoit stuff there's not a lot of facts here just rumors.

Top Bottom