• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

iMax

The main events of Survivor Series are going to be so pedestrian. Why work hard on a PPV that is effectively free? It would make sense to to encourage more network buys by "showing off" what people are missing but logic in the WWE?

To keep people subscribing after their free trial ends.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
How is Survivor Series looking? Is it worth taking advantage of the one month trial and risking not remembering to cancel again? Or does it look like hot, ass juice?

Also, do you guys ever wonder what Raw would be like as a Sitcom?

Survivor Series just looks awful. I can't believe its this Sunday. I haven't watched a Raw since the go a home show for HiAC. I'm more pumped for Final Battle at this point which is sad......

jred2k

How is Survivor Series looking? Is it worth taking advantage of the one month trial and risking not remembering to cancel again? Or does it look like hot, ass juice?

Right now the card is:
Survivor Series Match
Team Cena(John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Erick Rown, Ryback) vs. Team Authority(Seth Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Mark Henry, Luke Harper)

Divas Title Match
AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella

Regular Pinfall Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Title Match
Gold/Stardust vs. Los Matadores vs. Mizdow & Miz vs. Usos

and maybe one more match that will be announced at the Smackdown tapings tonight.

...I think I can guess you're decision.

bjork

I will fantasy book with what I'd like to see:

Team Authority loses. Vince comes out on Raw the next night to celebrate, gets attacked by HHH. In the process he takes a blow to the head that makes him think it's 1993 and Raw completely changes the following week, going back to one hour, the rainbow entrance, jobber matches, and Vince on commentary.

Divas match, pretty clear the one Bella will cause the other one to lose. Yawn city. Bring back Jazz.

Dean/Bray - don't care either way, I assume Dean wins because he's over.

Tag match - I don't pick a winner, but I want the setup to start for Cody/Dustin at WM.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Right now the card is:
Survivor Series Match
Team Cena(John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Erick Rown, Ryback) vs. Team Authority(Seth Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Mark Henry, Luke Harper)

Divas Title Match
AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella

Regular Pinfall Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Title Match
Gold/Stardust vs. Los Matadores vs. Mizdow & Miz vs. Usos

and maybe one more match that will be announced at the Smackdown tapings tonight.

...I think I can guess you're decision.

GPlmTfh.gif

I will tune in next week for Larry the Cable Guy. I can't fucking wait until JINGLE 2
December 2nd baby

Sephzilla

I will fantasy book with what I'd like to see:

Team Authority loses. Vince comes out on Raw the next night to celebrate, gets attacked by HHH. In the process he takes a blow to the head that makes him think it's 1993 and Raw completely changes the following week, going back to one hour, the rainbow entrance, jobber matches, and Vince on commentary.

Divas match, pretty clear the one Bella will cause the other one to lose. Yawn city. Bring back Jazz.

Dean/Bray - don't care either way, I assume Dean wins because he's over.

Tag match - I don't pick a winner, but I want the setup to start for Cody/Dustin at WM.

badnews.gif

everyone thought bray would go over cena too because bray was massively over. now dean is the one who is massively over. dean's totally going to be counting lights.

Heroman

Banned
I don't know what the powerbomb cast is... or is this all a joke? Or do you actually like Cena? I mean, that's fine, I just always see people hating on Cena, so... I'm so confused...

Welp. Back to 1996. >_>
The power bomb cast us a very good wrestling podcast from giantbomb. Cena is my favorite wrestler if time,I got no problem with him.

bjork

The power vonb cast us a very good wrestling podcast from giantbomb. Cena is my favorite wrestler if time,I got no problem with him.

I kinda sorta like the powerbombcast, but Giancarlo is like the worst of the markiest marks. Every time he goes on about someone getting buried it's just hell. He even gets a different tone in his voice about it. Aside from that, good times. I was even down with his "roman reigns as megaman" thing for the streak.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, hang on, tonight it's Natalya and Tyson vs. Adam Rose and The Bunny on Main Event?

Are they putting a girl in The Bunny?

This is how they debut Bailey, right?

Save your money and time for,the SMASH WRESTLING CARD

Alex Shelley challenges Matt Cross for the Smash Wrestling Championship

Drew Gulak and Biff Busick challenge The Young Bucks

Scotty O’Shea challenges Brent Banks to Canada’s FIRST EVER Ambulance match

Pepper and Cherry Bomb challenge Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae

The Mentor Tyson Dux challenges The Student Sebastian Suave

Johnny Gargano chalenges his best friend Gregory Iron

John Greed challenges Josh Alexander to a rematch from GOLD

Penguin

For anyone that enjoyed the Steve Austin commentary on his WM17 match, today his podcast is a commentary for his WM13 match with Bret Hart. Hopefully somebody puts a synced version of the match up on dailymotion again.

Oh do you have a link for the synced version of Mania 17?

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I'm now obsessed with this "Interspecies Match"

How does this work? In WWE when they have an intergender match, when the man tags in the woman, the other team has to switch as well, so does this mean Natalya is a bunny? Is Natalya dressing up as a cat? Why is it okay for a woman to work with a bunny, but not a man?

This is the most interested WWE has made me in their product since SummerSlam.

jred2k

So, I'm now obsessed with this "Interspecies Match"

How does this work? In WWE when they have an intergender match, when the man tags in the woman, the other team has to switch as well, so does this mean Natalya is a bunny? Is Natalya dressing up as a cat? Why is it okay for a woman to work with a bunny, but not a man?

This is the most interested WWE has made me in their product since SummerSlam.

Do you think the match will go long enough for Natalya to get in? The Bunny will probably anger Rose by tagging him OUTTA NOWHERE and Rose will lay out the Bunny. Tyson will then either put on the Sharpshooter or just take the pin.

The other option is the Bunny dry-humping Natalya's face off.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you think the match will go long enough for Natalya to get in? The Bunny will probably anger Rose by tagging him OUTTA NOWHERE and Rose will lay out the Bunny. Tyson will then either put on the Sharpshooter or just take the pin.

If this goes less than 15 minutes, I riot!

WWE logic from last night's Raw is killing me

HHH does the unthinkable and plays clips to remind the audience of something that happened a year ago when Ryback turned heel because he figured out that Cena pulls this bullshit all the time where he doesn't come out to save his friends but they come out to save him. We get clips of how Ryback is a crybaby because apparantly Cena can't be seen, even when he is saving you from a beatdown.

Then for the rest of the show last night Cena continues to do everything HHH reminded us about by not coming out to save Ziggler or being a good team captain and breaking up the Sheamus and Show fight. So of course we should cheer for Cena when he stands on the corpse of Team Authority.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler turns heel this Sunday.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know that I've ever seen a Sandow match where he actually wrestles, but the gifs of him as the stunt double tell me he's one of the best things they have right now.
I haven't watched in like 2 weeks, but that gif alone tells me he still is.

jmdajr

HHH does the unthinkable and plays clips to remind the audience of something that happened a year ago when Ryback turned heel because he figured out that Cena pulls this bullshit all the time where he doesn't come out to save his friends but they come out to save him. We get clips of how Ryback is a crybaby because apparantly Cena can't be seen, even when he is saving you from a beatdown.

Then for the rest of the show last night Cena continues to do everything HHH reminded us about by not coming out to save Ziggler or being a good team captain and breaking up the Sheamus and Show fight. So of course we should cheer for Cena when he stands on the corpse of Team Authority.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler turns heel this Sunday

That make sense though.

Well who knows. Authority gonna win somehow.

On that note. Who hasn't Cena made fun of?

jred2k

I haven't watched in like 2 weeks, but that gif alone tells me he still is.

I can't wait for the Royal Rumble. It would be great if Miz and Mizdow are two of the final three in the match. Mizdow would have to choose between a chance at WrestleMania or being the greatest stunt double ever.

Sephzilla

Oh, is this going to be another one of those "show clear signs that Cena acts like a heel but then have someone else turn heel because Cena can't" things?

Just Ziggler? His whole team is a who's who of people that turn heel when Cena needs an opponent to crush. The only logical thing at this point is the 9 men turning face when they discover Cena's been the heel all along.

I think Rowan/Harper being in the match is just as bad. They needed to be rebuilt as threats given how poorly they were booked after the Wyatt/Shield PPV match. Instead booking figures Rowan vs Harper should be some epic main event stand-off in the Survivor Series match despite the fact they've done nothing but lose since Elimination Chamber and still have no characters to differentiate themselves. Then you have Rowan making a random face turn with no agency when turning Cesaro face has been the most obvious thing to book since March. Instead he's still a heel jobber delivering the best matches on the cards week in and out.

After last weeks NXT where they managed to build up an entire roster from tag teams, to women, to debuting talents, and the main eventers in the next PPV over the course of an hour I'm utterly incredulous at how bad the main shows are.

bjork

If you want to see Rowan beast on someone, play Supercard. I swear he and Xavier Woods must be friends with the developers. So overpowered in every tier.

Top Bottom