• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did I twist your words? You said 'we all did things we'd like to forget about 5 years ago,' which is ridiculous. Saying something dumb or offensive isn't the same thing as abusing a pet. That isn't something that should just be forgotten about without a LOT of discussion. If you're saying he was punished for it, you're saying he was involved in it. Otherwise, why would he be punished? For not doing anything? Several other students 'didn't do anything' and weren't punished for it. He clearly had something to do with it, but everyone likes Tozawa so they want to ignore that aspect of it and push it all on one guy just to keep cheering for Tozawa.

Why the fuck does 'bad things always happen in wrestling' a reason to excuse it? We should be happy when shit like this happens, and they get caught. Shit that exposes this. Not go 'oh well it's all shitty so you can't take it out on him!'

And I already apoligized to botaaay, so I have no idea why bronson is dragging that out.

Hrmmm? This was 09 Tozawa/Tozawa-Juku days. Nobody liked him enough that getting rid of him would've been a huge issue.

And I already apoligized to botaaay, so I have no idea why bronson is dragging that out.

Apologizing after pulling that shit out of fucking nowhere < not putting that way in the first goddamn place. Maybe you shouldn't act like an ass to a guy who simply loves wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He was getting booked regularly in opening matches and comedy tags in 09. Ono and Ryoma barely even showed up on cards.
Apologizing after pulling that shit out of fucking nowhere < not putting that way in the first goddamn place. Maybe you shouldn't act like an ass to a guy who simply loves wrestling.

There's no winning with you is there? Jesus.

Vylash

shit's getting heated

bGEIX.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn yall Omerta first.

Second, things like the monkey thing affect people differently. Some people view it like they would child abuse - I'm one of those. This is partially because I don't have any babbys of my own, so I can't distinguish the two (kids are animals anyway) - but like Mechashiva said five years, people CAN grow and deserve another shot.

I don't think anyone is legit trying to make someone feel bad for enjoying Tozawa. There's shitty people on this planet, and for some of them (not referring to Tozawa directly) you can separate the work from the worker. Some people can't. That's life.

I'm just not inclined to believe everything posted in a message board without hard facts and hold someone to that. That's why linking to a PWG board from five years ago doesn't make me all the sudden change my opinion of a guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want an av with both Vince and Steph in it, and having it be a little creepy, but I don't want people getting the wrong idea, so I -DON'T- think I'll use this:
2eydoEN.jpg

EDIT: lol this will do

RBH

Stevie Ray talks about the infamous Booker T/Hogan promo:

hqdefault.jpg

On Booker T and Hulk Hogan’s reaction to the infamous Spring Stampede promo:

“Well, It really bothered my brother. It really bothered him, whereas all the guys were ribbing him and were like, ‘What’s up n**ga?’ Randy Savage and whoever… They all got a big, big kick out of it. It was the pop of the night. So the next day, we go to do Nitro after the pay-per-view that Sunday and I remember I was sitting at a table, you know – we were in catering – I’m sitting at the table and Hogan walks in. So me and Hogan would always talk about cars and motorcycles, because he’s into cars much like myself. I think he was getting some food when Randy Savage came in and was like, ‘Hey, Hulk, what’s going on man? You know Booker T called you an n**ga?’ Then Hogan was like ‘That’s OK man, at least I’m a good n**ga.’ The whole catering area popped. I mean everybody in the catering room just popped. And I think that’s when some of the pressure kind of came off my brother. That’s a true story, I’ve never told it before… After Hogan did that, it pretty much died that day.”
http://411mania.com/wrestling/stevie-ray-recalls-reaction-to-booker-ts-n-word-wcw-promo/

Amazing. :lol

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7 - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8 - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B

What is this magical world I'm living in??

Zach

Zach, what's the rough estimate on how many hours you've spent on this project?

Rough estimate? Five million hours.

Seriously, I have no idea. I'm pretty surprised that I've made so much progress inside of a year, though. I'm kind of disgusted with myself. Heh... Not really, though. It's only really eaten into my game/movie/Netflix time, and that's fine. Family and work time have not been negatively impacted and that's how I judge whether or not it's detrimental. And overall it's been pretty fun!

Fox318

So Zach what's better:

Beach Blast '92
SuperBrawl II
Clash of the Champions XX
The Great American Bash '89
Clash of the Champions I

KissVibes

Banned
Super planned show or show that isn't planned at all?

Which type of wrestling do YOU prefer?

I prefer a wrestling show (I.E. WWE programming) that still has organic elements. Yeah, WWE has spots that need to happen and a story to be told, but things are still called during the match and it doesn't just feel like two guys acting out each choreographed sequence. The only thing missing from that Lucha Underground match is tape on the mat so they'd know where they needed to stand exactly for shots and moves.

Alucard

Banned
Jesus Christ, I have to redo about 90 minutes of gameplay in FFIV DS because I just died on the final boss and the last fucking save point is super far away. Man, do I not miss this aspect of 90s and 80s gaming. Such bullshit having to replay over an hour of a game because the developers wanted to be dicks and rake you over the coals at the end of their stupid game. Hrrrrrg.

Alucard

Banned
This Shark Johnson guy...man.

LU's main event was better than anything on WWE programming all week. And the match was as choreographed as any match in the E. No more, no less.

Zach

So Zach what's better:

Beach Blast '92
SuperBrawl II
Clash of the Champions XX
The Great American Bash '89
Clash of the Champions I

I dunno. I'd have to watch them all again to decide. Bash '89 and Beach Blast '92 jump out at me, but I'd have to at least look over the cards to job the old noggin to give any kind of real answer.

Hey, how about you watch all of 'em and get back to me, okay? :D

Top Bottom