• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Dinokill

I randomly decided to watch Austin vs Bret Hart at WM13 again yesterday for shits and giggles.

Holy fuck, I've actually forgotten how great this match was. Austin's selling for Hart's offense is pretty impressive. Austin is in complete "TMF" mode. Hart's technical style versus Austin's brawling works to an impressive level. The whole match felt like a legit fight. Crowd was red hot.

We never get anything close to this quality anymore

That match is one the best wrestling matches of all times. Just two guys beating the living shit out of each other because of their hatred. We will not see anything like this anymore while the PG bullshit is polluting the WWE.

jmdajr

That match is one the best wrestling matches of all times. Just two guys beating the living shit out of each other because of their hatred. We will not see anything like this anymore while the PG bullshit is polluting the WWE.

PG is not the problem

Comedian and actor Larry The Cable guy was announced last night as next week’s WWE Raw guest star. Larry recently filmed the direct-to-DVD movie “Jingle All the Way 2″ with Santino Marella, so he’s likely appearing on Raw next week to push the release of the movie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RP912

Banned
Man people always say HBK/Bret had the best rivalry. Stone Cold/Bret had the better feud period. Stone cold brought out a side of Bret that was uncommon around that time. People weren't expecting that heel/face swerve during that I Quit match.

DMczaf

Best part about the rivalry is that it all started because Austin was like "Who the fuck is the best around here? Bret Hart? Fuck that dude. I'm the fucking best. *begins 1-2 year long rivalry*

RP912

Banned
Best part about the rivalry is that it all started because Austin was like "Who the fuck is the best around here? Bret Hart? Fuck that dude. I'm the fucking best. *begins 1-2 year long rivalry*

Dude I still get chills during those promos.

"I don't dance son..."

DMczaf

Dude I still get chills during those promos.

"I don't dance son..."

Seriously. And everything felt real because it really was Austin's first and maybe last shot at begin in a main event type program finally. He wanted that god damn spot.

96-97 Austin was hungry as fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1996 Stone Cold is the greatest wrestling character of all time. I've beaten this drum too many times, but it's still true.

RP912

Banned
The magical thing about 96-97 austin is how organic the transformation was. He started out as the ring master and little by little his character was developing, then came KOTR and the art imitating life of him stunning jake the snake roberts (cutting the head of the snake and embracing the venom).

Stone Cold Steve Austin was born in front of the mercy of fucking Doc Hendrix :/.

Damn now I want to watch KOTR 96 now.

Sephzilla

Seriously. And everything felt real because it really was Austin's first and maybe last shot at begin in a main event type program finally. He wanted that god damn spot.

96-97 Austin was hungry as fuck.

One of my thoughts about 5 minutes into the Austin/Hart WM13 match was "jesus christ, this feels like a real fight". My naive younger self was still in that transitional period of "is this real or fake?" around that time when Austin/Hart first happened, watching it now as an adult (haha) and it almost made me think wrestling was real again.

1996 Stone Cold is the greatest wrestling character of all time. I've beaten this drum too many times, but it's still true.

Honestly, I think you could probably remove the 1996 from that and it would still be an accurate statement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret played his part great as well. You could tell his uppity disgust for Stone Cold, and it helped develop Bret into his only good character. Canadian Hero Bret Hart.

Shawn always felt like the third wheel in every feud he was involved in despite being the 'face of the WWF'

RP912

Banned
People slept on Bret/Austin 1 at survivor series. It wasn't a brawl like the i quit match but goddamn it was truly a good match.

Man people jump on me for posting in that WWE 2k15 thread, but I feel the need to inform people when they ask if the game is good or not. I feel like I'm doing a disservice if I sit by and don't say anything.

DMczaf

dPcBt4G.gif

#ThatMotherfucker

Sephzilla

Austin/Hart reminded me of how fucking intense both Austin and Hart could be. Real Ass Stone Cold has been chronicled here a lot but going into that match Bret totally had an "I'm about to beat down a motherfucker" look to him. As a long time mark for New Generation "happy to be champ" Bret, WM13 Hart was an intense sum bitch.

strobogo

Banned
HBK/Bret is underwhelming as shit for what is billed as the feud of a generation. Austin/Bret was definitely better. Austin/HBK in 1997 was better than Bret/HBK matches. Diesel had better matches with Bret and HBK than they did with each other. So did Undertaker. Bulldog probably did, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin/Hart reminded me of how fucking intense both Austin and Hart could be. Real Ass Stone Cold has been chronicled here a lot but going into that match Bret totally had an "I'm about to beat down a motherfucker" look to him. As a long time mark for New Generation "happy to be champ" Bret, WM13 Hart was an intense sum bitch.

Whenever other wrestlers talk about the fights backstage that did or did not happen between HBK and Bret, they always talk about how it wouldn't be a fight. How Bret would completely mangle Michales. You see heel Bret, and you believe it.

"If you put an 'S' in front of Hitman, you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart.".

" You gonna get me a piece of equipment that works, son, or do I have to whip your ass? Bret Hart, you can sit there and bellyache and complain with the best of them, son. Ever since you came back, you ain't done nothing but cry! You sit there and talk about how Vince screwed you, how everybody screwed you, how I screwed you. The bottom line is, son, when the going gets tough, the Harts get going back home! Knock it off! Go on back to Canada, son, because the only person you can possibly beat is your wrinkled up old man in his little old basement. You talk about being jerked around, I've been jerked around for seven years, and then I get here. I'm supposed to face Sycho Sid tonight and some guy, a 350-pound buffoon that calls himself Gorilla Monsoon the commissioner says, "No, no. Sycho Sid is at home with a concussion." Sycho Sid may be at home with a concussion and an ice pack on his head, but he's also got a yellow stripe running right down the middle of his back. As far as Gorilla Monsoon goes, I got a big bunch of bananas and I can tell you where to stick each and every one of them. You want me to face The Undertaker, you can bring his dead ass out here, because I threw him over the top rope last night, and I'll do the exact same thing right now, so bring him out, I got something for him!"

jmdajr

Man people jump on me for posting in that WWE 2k15 thread, but I feel the need to inform people when they ask if the game is good or not. I feel like I'm doing a disservice if I sit by and don't say anything.

It's just like... your opinion man. You know.

Sephzilla

Loved how Bret took the steps bump. Cena's bumping is pathetic by comparison.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/yNwQAl.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

My GF was watching the match with me yesterday and she let out an audible "holy shit" after that bump. She did it again after Bret took the sternum first turnbuckle bump too.

yeah people can whine about bret being a mark for himself all they want but him and austin made what is probably THE most memorable bell to bell moment in all of wrasslin'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanted a proper Bret vs Hogan feud for the longest time. Because I know they hated each other, I knew Hogan could play the crowd, and I knew Bret could setup the match to make Hogan look good. Because it would come through clear as day that they hated each other, but it wouldn't be like HBK vs Hogan where it just shits up the match. Bret wouldn't let anyone put him in a bad match no matter how much he hated them. I mean, I thought their WCW match was pretty good for what it was.

The wrassler vs the entertainer. The hungry lion who was coming for the top spot. The only problem is that I would want both to be heel.

Guys let's get back to important stuff here and talk about Crow Hogan. Or does Hogan just force himself in to the nWo as its leader soon after once he realizes he made a mistake?

Nah he would have squashed nWo instead and made a nHo faction to brawl against them.

Still love how people hide behind that "Homebrew" BS up in Gaming.

I just want to hack my 3DS and Vita to play Homebrew, guyz!

I want homebrew on my Vita so I can play Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World on it. That or Nintendo can put it up on PSN, either would be awesome.

Homebrew is a bitch to get working properly, glad I never went that route on the Vita. Despite how much I want to play those awesome old SNES games on my Vita I already have a huge backlog of new games to deal with anyway.

Thanks for that

Interesting listen, but I do think would have benefited a bit from having The Rock there as well.

also something WWE should really look into for the Network. Seems like cheap and easy to produce content.

Absolutely, shocked they haven't done any commentary options on classic matches so far. Would be a great reason for people to go back and watch the old content.
Would be a cheap way to make use of the Legends contracts too. Rather than put them in a stupid reality show get them to wax nostalgic on the Network.

Damn now I want to watch KOTR 96 now.
I'll be replacing my weekly Raw watch with KOTR 96 tonight I think!

Gonzalez

Banned
So was anyone else dissapointed that after Ebeneazer Scrooge turned face at the end of A Christmas Carol that Bob Cratchit didn't turn heel to create a double turn?

strobogo

Banned
Alien Isolation is really boring. Just opening doors and finding ways to open other doors. You aren't even isolated. There are plenty of people around. Looks great, though.

Top Bottom