• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

somedevil

I'm not sure that is still not enough matches for the card. Will they give us a bunny vs rose match or the rumored NXT survivor series match.

I'm not sure that is still not enough matches for the card. Will they give us a bunny vs rose match or the rumored NXT survivor series match.

That wouldn't be bad.

I wasn't even aware there was a feud between Natalya and Paige, guessing it was played out in Main Event broadcasts and the WWE app.

She went from being WWF womens champion and the face of the womens division in WWF at the time, to being kind of lost in the WCW world. Does anybody legit remember anything about Medusa's career after the belt toss incident?

her spot in a joke division?

historically her throwing the title in the trash is worth more than being the face of a women's division, no matter how many WWE DVDs we watch

willing to bet her WCW contract was pretty nice as well

Hasney

Alien Isolation is really boring. Just opening doors and finding ways to open other doors. You aren't even isolated. There are plenty of people around. Looks great, though.

It's only good on the garden difficulty, then it's tense as fuck... While the Alien is around. The other parts are still boring.

Then you get a flamethrower and breeze through it anyway.

RP912

Banned
One thing I notice about WWE/F in 1996, there was a lot of fan interaction. For instance, Almed Johnson doing a suicide dive to goldust and doing a stance in front of the fans like "I'm a bad ass amirite".

RP912

Banned
her spot in a joke division?

historically her throwing the title in the trash is worth more than being the face of a women's division, no matter how many WWE DVDs we watch

willing to bet her WCW contract was pretty nice as well

Medusa also had a bigger part in wcw storylines even before the monday night war days. Vince forgot the fact that she was apart of the dangerous allance beating on wrestlers without a single fuck given. Yet.." OMG SHE THREW OUR BELT IN THE TRASH...DISCRACE". The belt didn't mean shit and the match that had legitmacy during the sorry women's division was the one with Bull. The only thing I remember about the Women's division besides Alundra was Bertha Faye.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
>Don't like Daniel Bryan cause he has hair and a beard.

Okay, so push Cesaro.

>Don't like Cesaro because he has a trimmed beard and is bald.

>Pushes Erick Rowan

strobogo

Banned
Madusa as "face of the division" in the WWF didn't mean dick. She was barely around. She probably had less than 15 televised matches in the whole 2 years she was in the WWF. Maybe even less than 10.

One of WWFs biggest mistakes in the quality of their progrum was having Michael Cole on commentary and then using it's commentators to try to explain their shitty storylines instead of reacting to events.

Kaladin

Heh, I just went through a Raw recap and looked for anything that might have been cut on the Hulu Plus version. It was mostly pointless lower mid card matches that had no effect on the rest of the evening and felt like filler.

Hulu Plus is the best way to watch Raw friends.

RP912

Banned
Madusa as "face of the division" in the WWF didn't mean dick. She was barely around. She probably had less than 15 televised matches in the whole 2 years she was in the WWF. Maybe even less than 10.

Compared to her numerous matches and storylines in wcw but hey...she threw the belt in the trash, she's hitler with a good suplex in the wwe's eyes.

One of WWFs biggest mistakes in the quality of their progrum was having Michael Cole on commentary and then using it's commentators to try to explain their shitty storylines instead of reacting to events.
Michael Cole's created this whole environment where everyone participates in unauthentic scripted banter, and it's the most irritating thing about every single show WWE does. Even the whole ECW Exposed special was exclusively this sort of interaction.

It'd be cool to see at least one NXT match each PPV, they tend to do great work in the ring and it makes for a great warm up to the main roster events.

TL21xx

Banned
So good.

There's nothing here that can't be done on a PG show, but for some reason WWE is afraid that we might think that the two men fighting each other might not like each other.

I know I'm late to this conversation, but I just had to chime in and say YES. This may well be my favorite promo of all time. It's also the voice clip I used to learn how to do lip sync in animation class, and that ended up being one of my best projects in the class, so my feelings towards it are more than a little skewed. The layered sound and black & white aesthetic are just so freaking good though...

RP912

Banned
Michael Cole's created this whole environment where everyone participates in unauthentic scripted banter, and it's the most irritating thing about every single show WWE does. Even the whole ECW Exposed special was exclusively this sort of interaction.

I tapped out within minutes of watching it. How can you ruin a good segment based on ECW by playing it the hell safe. I thought they was on something with the vintage shake cam shit that paul e used to do during Joey Styles segments. I feel like the WWE is putting a kick me sign on my back while I watch their damn product.

Gonzalez

Banned
Cesaro has his best look right now, he just feels directionless.
He should go all the way with his Minoru Suzuki homage. Maybe style his beard like the bad guy from Hunger Games. Also act more slimier with his opponents like Suzuki does. To me that would spice up his overall package, and make himself more attractive to the writers again.

Ithil

They need to stop forever the practice of having Michael Cole read out wrestler's tweets or quotes from their promos. A dorky middle aged white guy in a suit reading out an Austin promo would sound stupid, and it sounds stupid doing it with everyone else.

Gonzalez

Banned

Really all of modern TV commentary has become this(Snarky off topic humor). I don't blame Cole for this, though. I blame Joss Whedon.

When did Raw move to 3 hours? I really wish they could get a cut down version like the Hulu Plus one on the Network, even just so I can skip around for certain parts.

Kaladin

They need to stop forever the practice of having Michael Cole read out wrestler's tweets or quotes from their promos. A dorky middle aged white guy in a suit reading out an Austin promo would sound stupid, and it sounds stupid doing it with everyone else.

I like Renee doing this on NXT though. She kinda does the whole social media thing right on that show.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Repackage him with a max payne gimmick...problem solved.
Max Payne, Hitman, Jason Statham. ANYTHING
He should go all the way with his Minoru Suzuki homage. Maybe style his beard like the bad guy from Hunger Games. Also act more slimier with his opponents like Suzuki does. To me that would spice up his overall package, and make himself more attractive to the writers again.
dtEXKoi.jpg

pFYlEIR.jpg
That would certainly be different.

Recall

Compared to her numerous matches and storylines in wcw but hey...she threw the belt in the trash, she's hitler with a good suplex in the wwe's eyes.

Because the WWE forget she even had the belt.

It wasn't a case of her leaving and then throwing the belt in anger, it was dumped to highlight how stupid the WWE were. But hey, time can twist any story.

RP912

Banned
It seems like Cole talks to more wrestlers than friggin Mean Gene Oakland. He knows their motives, their feelings, bloodtype, their friggin finisher before the wrestler even tries it, and the birthplace the wrestler's forefathers. Instead of a good promo or segment where the wrestler can explain his motives...Cole likes to tell me more about the wrestler.

It's like a dude wanting to talk to a girl in class, yet the teacher intervenes and reads off the girl's report card in front of the class for the guy.

Omega

Banned
wrestlers shouldn't have social media

I
don't really
eagerly await the Rivalries episode on the WWE Network that is just a compilation of tweets, facebook posts and youtube videos that 10 people ever actually see.

Really all of modern TV commentary has become this(Snarky off topic humor). I don't blame Cole for this, though. I blame Joss Whedon.
Yeah, this is true.

Even most sitcoms now are really afraid to have sentimental or emotional moments without wrecking them with some snark or sarcasm or forced fun banter to defuse the moment. It seems like basic mainstream TV's afraid of genuine emotion right now.

Alucard

Banned
I'll do it sometime tomorrow. It would only be a couple $ per disc, I'd just need to sell enough of them to make it worth shipping.

Sounds good. I have a mini ROH library from 2010 until now, so I'd love to fill it out with earlier stuff. If I don't see your post on here with the pic/list, just PM me.

Vylash

That match is one the best wrestling matches of all times. Just two guys beating the living shit out of each other because of their hatred. We will not see anything like this anymore while the PG bullshit is polluting the WWE.
PG is the best thing to happen to the WWE

Alucard

Banned
The only Joss Whedon stuff I've really been exposed to has been Firefly and Serenity. (loved both, Serenity a little less so) Watched a few Buffy episodes and The Avengers, and that's about it. Based on my experience with his work, he's an entertaining geek writer.

I have zero interest in the SHIELD show. Looks cheesy and B-tier from the ads alone.

P.S. You can also blame Kevin Smith for the snarky off-topic humor trend. I don't mind, though. I'm a Smith apologist through and through. I'll stand behind his Jay and Silent Bon flicks any day of the week.

Kaladin

The only Joss Whedon stuff I've really been exposed to has been Firefly and Serenity. (loved both, Serenity a little less so) Watched a few Buffy episodes and The Avengers, and that's about it. Based on my experience with his work, he's an entertaining geek writer.

I have zero interest in the SHIELD show. Looks cheesy and B-tier from the ads alone.

You should watch Buffy and Angel, then watch Cabin In The Woods.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
PG is the best thing to happen to the WWE
You know to be perfectly honest, I have a hard time taking people who complain about PG seriously. nWo was PG, Pillman's got a gun was PG,The golden age of Smackdown on UPN was PG. If anything we should be glad that WWE is PG, or we'd get stuck with stuff like Katie Vick. The fact of the matter is that, for reasons I cannot comprehend, the writing team sucks.

I have a very strong suspicion that it's either Vince, or Kevin Dunn, as when the Smack down writer and the NXT writer switched roles recently, there was neither a bump in quality on SD, nor a loss of quality on NXT. Makes you wonder, huh?

Top Bottom