• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Alucard

Banned
So.... who is going to be the next GM of RAW then?

Sting?

Actually could work as a starting people for the Triple H / Sting WM feud.

Totally not my idea, but I heard a fan on a podcast suggest Daniel Bryan coming back in this role. I think it would be pretty perfect. Imagine the pop on Raw the next night. "The people's voice" or "the voice of the universe" or something.

Anything to help inject some life into this shit right now.

Alucard

Banned
people can't enjoy Bray vs Ambrose because the internet eventually turns on absolutely everyone

Or because the writing in this feud has somehow been worse and more vague than Wyatt/Jericho. At least we got a very good cage match out of that one. I wonder what Wyatt and Ambrose will produce in the ring.

Fox318

That poopy thing is just bad writing. They don't have to go that way, but they choose to because they don't have talent or actual creative ideas that still engage an adult audience.

It's like this...

Avatar: The Last Airbender is/was a kids' show, but it had such interesting characters and relationships that it didn't matter that it was rated G. Stories had purpose and were taken seriously. Things were followed up on, and it all led to something.

Pro wrestling is definitely different, but I think the same principles apply. The WWE is just stale and has stretched itself too thin with 6 hours of TV per week plus house shows. I'm sure creative would love to do more pre-recorded vignettes and storylines, but they can't because they just don't have the time.

Avatar had characters who died and things as dark as bloodbending.

What is the dark theme in WWE today? Right now the only heel with heat is Rusev and that's dependent on people's knowledge of current geopolitical events.

They have too much content to film every week with too few employees and if they cut content they cut their revenue.

Why does an Undertaker and Stone Cold HIAC match have an "Ooooh Feisty" sign in the crowd? Why is that sign in every match? Why is it even in the fucking game?

Also I know everybody's down on Wyatt because of his repetitive promos (which, whatever. I think they're still fine. He just needs to have a feud that evolves his character really soon) but dang he's really great live. Dean is too.

In an Elimination Chamber match with Rock, Crow Sting, HHH, Orton, Ultimate Warrior…Rey Fucking Mysterio won with a roll up.

WWE games in 2014.

Edit:
Streamer is now playing as Kane from 2002 in an RR match.

DMczaf

So on the Monday Night War episodes, they continually bring up when Austin broke his neck, they knew they had to find ways to keep him on TV while he couldn't perform because he was red hot and they couldn't let him cool off.

Hi Daniel Bryan *waves*

Vylash

So on the Monday Night War episodes, they continually bring up when Austin broke his neck, they knew they had to find ways to keep him on TV while he couldn't perform because he was red hot and they couldn't let him cool off.

Hi Daniel Bryan *waves*

he's still riding that money in the bank momentum, friend

Omega

Banned
At the SD taping, a new stip was added to the SS main event: if Team Cena loses, everybody on the team is fired

You know, just in case you really didn't know who would win

since you guys love talking about problems with the WWE, this is it right here.

These stips have always been dumb. This never actually happens and i don't think anyone ever buys into it happening. If you have to try to get people to care about your feud by putting careers "on the line" you've fucked up. Maybe try writing better so we give a shit about the characters so you don't have to spoil the outcome weeks in advanced.

Hi Daniel Bryan *waves*

MNW has given me 100% solid proof that no one in WWE cares anymore. Either that or they're just too fucking stupid, neither option is good. How the hell can you make the MNW episodes and not see the parallels

Fox318

Hi Daniel Bryan *waves*

Vince is the same man who thought Otto Von Ruthless was a good name for Steve Austin.

You think he actually cares anymore on what people thought he did things right?

Vylash

since The Authority is over after sunday, let's pay tribute to Queen Steph and Lord Haitch

aKWltY2.gif

EAtvCN3.gif

6DrbINe.gif

ioe7AiR.gif

gw4kGJy.gif

uKuBunO.gif

Y5vPIiy.gif

thou shalt be missed

Fox318

Does the leader of a promotion or show need to be a heel?

Would a babyface on screen authority figure help build excitement better?

Bray Wyatt was never gonna go anywhere

Like, ever

He was always going to be the one man Dungeon of Doom for any slightly over face to overcome.

Big One

Banned
If Authority goes does this mean WWE is just going to do Guest Hosts and continue to do terrible shows? Bleh...

So glad I didn't watch this week. There's just nothing going on that's worth a shit.

Lmao this game is trash. What if this happened ON real national tv? "HE USES HIS SPECIAL MOVE!! Oh damn... He can't move because he didn't have enough energy...." LMAO taking momentum out of the fight is just stupid. You should GAIN stamina from a special move because it gets his adrenaline going, his blood pumping. Thats fucking wrestling. This is shit.

Jamie OD

Does the leader of a promotion or show need to be a heel?

Would a babyface on screen authority figure help build excitement better?

That was why Mick Foley's 1st time as commissioner was so awesome after the McMahon-Helmsley reign went on for what felt like forever. It was a complete breath of fresh air to have a face messing up the heels' plans. But nowadays a face authority figure would just be like Teddy Long. Come out, announce a match for a pop and that's it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diesel was cooler than Razor, but Scott was cooler than Kevin.

I remember when Hall had the tag titles in WCW with The Giant, and the Giant wasn't there, so Scott defended them anyways. He came out with both titles on his waist and proceeded to squash Lenny and Lodi. It was dope. Call it burying, but it's not like Lenny and Lodi had much of a future, and the crowd ate it up.

Aiii

So not worth it
I swear that whoever is producing the Monday Night War show is very purposely putting in all the "this is why WCW was awful" quotes from WWE guys that showcase what is wrong with WWE right now.

So much of what is in there applies to WWE right now, it can't be a coincidence.

RobbieNick

Okay, I was a little behind on WWE for the past two weeks and got caught up by watching two RAW's back to back on Hulu Plus. I have a few questions...

Why is Ryback being pushed from low card to main event again? I know he left for a bit to be re-trained, but this seems like a big reward for someone who was at the bottom of the list.

Was Orton supposed to be the fifth member and they replaced him with Ryback in the writing?

WTF is with that Erick Rowan face turn?!! That came out of nowhere and doesn't fit his character at all.

strobogo

Banned
Okay, I was a little behind on WWE for the past two weeks and got caught up by watching two RAW's back to back on Hulu Plus. I have a few questions...

Why is Ryback being pushed from low card to main event again? I know he left for a bit to be re-trained, but this seems like a big reward for someone who was at the bottom of the list.

Was Orton supposed to be the fifth member and they replaced him with Ryback in the writing?

WTF is with that Erick Rowan face turn?!! That came out of nowhere and doesn't fit his character at all.

Ryback wasn't gone for re-training. He was injured. His bump up the card comes from there being no semi-name guys who isn't hurt or already in a program.

Orton was replaced because WWE is stupid and books guys to do movies at the worst possible times.

Rowan was a last minute replacement for an injured Sheamus.

gaiadyne

Vince McMahon missed Ryback's big muscly arms and decided to give him another big push when he returned

Top Bottom