• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

And yet he gets fantastic responses from the audience when he cuts promos.

And in UK shows, the audience chant "We the people" when The Real Americans are out.

The live audience just want to get involved for the shitty show they payed good money to attend so it doesn't feel like a complete waste. Audience participation often times has nothing to do with the quality of whatever promo is being regurgitated in front of them. "Yes", for example, is a very easy and catchy word for the audience.

What I'm trying to say is that DB+ is awful at any type of promo that isn't a dumb comedy sketch. That's just how it is, Jack.

wXywb.gif

Daniel Bryan could have been Dolph Ziggler and all of this would've been the same.

But you can't replace Triple H and Stephanie. They're the ones that were ever over. "Yes" was over after it became a way to respond to them.

Carnby

What's This Week?

-edit: Oh wait, it's the WWE Network thing where they recap Raw and Smackdown in half an hour, right?

That's right. I don't have cable, so I can't watch Raw/Smackdown. Watching the recap of the two shows in a half hour is actually enjoyable.

Xater

Well, Survivor Series being free will help to sell people on the Network by the time the Rumble hits. Provided there are not streaming issues. At the very least it will lower the leap some people have to make now that they know how the Network works and have an app or something on their TV to watch the PPV's through. So in that sense no matter the card, Survivor Series should have a positive effect for their business.

I don't know how what they are currently doing or that PPV is going to sell anyone on the network. A NXT Arrival show would probably create more subscribers.

I also just thought about the women's division and what will happen with it should AJ leave. At best I could see them bring up Charlotte but then they will still just have a bunch of shitty women and 3 that are still quite green.

Sephzilla

Daniel Bryan could have been Dolph Ziggler and all of this would've been the same.

But you can't replace Triple H and Stephanie. They're the ones that were ever over. "Yes" was over after it became a way to respond to them.

Are you trying to say that Trips/Steph were the ones that carried Bryan into WM30?

Bryan was over as fuck.

Kaladin

TNr1NKt.jpg

Also interesting to note, they're going back to the tnawrestling.com address on the mailing list, and highlighting the TNA logos more than the IMPACT logo.

TNA-Listerrotator.jpg

TNA-Lister is what they're calling there e-mail subscribers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm trying to remember, but wasn't the whole change to Impact Wrestling done by Hulk and Bischoff when they came in?

It was. And they were right as TNA is a horrible name for any company not focused on Tits and Ass/not permanently stuck in the Attitude era.

Of course considering the program they ended up putting on the smart move to try and rebrand didn't help a lick.

joelseph

¡HarlequinPanic!;139528063 said:
speaking of whatever became of that wwe comic where they were all in this city and weird shit was happening..

I still see it kicking around on store shelves, not sure if it's still in print though.

Raw64life

I just went to the TNA website for the first time in years.

I saw that Havok will be defending the knockouts title against Tary Terrell on impact tonight. So I looked up the wiki page for the current champions in TNA and saw that
Taryn Terrell has actually been the knockouts champion for 61 days. Which means this episode was taped over 2 months ago.
Good lord.

Kaladin

I just went to the TNA website for the first time in years.

I saw that Havok will be defending the knockouts title against Tary Terrell on impact tonight. So I looked up the wiki page for the current champions in TNA and saw that
Taryn Terrell has actually been the knockouts champion for 61 days. Which means this episode was taped over 2 months ago.
Good lord.

I also suspect that is the reason their current heavyweight champion Bobby Roode couldn't be at Bound For Glory. It's not that he wasn't booked, it's that
his title win hadn't aired yet.

bjork

Ken Shamrock main eventing PPVs isn't any indication of a bad roster. He should have main evented more if anything.

To hear Shamrock tell it, he should be in WWE HOF. How long did he even stay with the company, two years?

So.... who is going to be the next GM of RAW then?

I would laugh if they did GM Punk.

Damn I miss Vince as commentator and interviewer

http://youtu.be/To7sSldfGqg

He and Owen

I'm pretty sure that's my favorite feud ever.

To be honest I think the opposite is true. Bryan got over due to his character work and the Sheamus WM loss, I'll be the first to admit he got stale as fuck when he became the company face but that doesn't mean he wasn't still over with the crowd. The Authority on the other hand had no way to work without somebody who was as over as Bryan, just look at how bad the show is now.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Brothers and Sisters, I'm ready to end my self imposed exile from this carny garbage. What's worth checking out since August in New Japan, the indies and WWE
lol
?

Also, TNA is going to be extra special tonight.

Aiii

So not worth it
Brothers and Sisters, I'm ready to end my self imposed exile from this carny garbage. What's worth checking out since August in New Japan, the indies and WWE
lol
?

Lucha Underground.

It is, literally, the best hour of wrestling on TV right now.

lol
?

Lucha Underground has been pretty good. Interesting video style to it. Great evil boss character. Also you get one good match a show, which matters when it's only 45 minutes.

Warning: Has Konnan and Ezekial Jackson, as well as flippy lucha stuff.

Also has some bad matches. Like, really bad

Hasney

Lucha Underground has been pretty good. Interesting video style to it. Great evil boss character. Also you get one good match a show, which matters when it's only 45 minutes.

Warning: Has Konnan and Ezekial Jackson, as well as flippy lucha stuff.

Also has some bad matches. Like, really bad

I haven't seen a bad match yet that doesn't involve Mil Muertes and even then, his tag match was worth it.

Not exactly expecting much from Zeke and Morrison tonight though, although Morrison could pull something out and the booking might make it interesting.... I doubt it's going to be clean anyway.

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't seen a bad match yet that doesn't involve Mil Muertes and even then, his tag match was worth it.

Not exactly expecting much from Zeke and Morrison tonight though, although Morrison could pull something out and the booking might make it interesting.... I doubt it's going to be clean anyway.

Mil Muertes is more about the gimmick anyways and his backstage promo's, entrance and Maxine more than makes up for his matches. Also, Maxine.

Hasney

Mil Muertes is more about the gimmick anyways and his backstage promo's, entrance and Maxine more than makes up for his matches. Also, Maxine.

Oh yeah, totally. I'm not thinking he shouldn't be on the show, I'm just saying I've not seen these bad matches.

Chavo vs Blue Demon Jr.?

Sexy Star vs Son of Havok?

Top Bottom