• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Muslim Tattoo thread is something else.

The Nasty Boys are Filth and are probably banned by some higher power.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_neebim9OgQ1rqha63o1_500.png

Big One

Banned
So I just watched the Ricardo Rodriguez interview, and I'm not a huge fan of him. Great stuff.

He gets really into detail about his experience in WWE and he never really comes off as bitter. He does have heat with Triple H and the Shield but he explained why in detail so I get it on his part.

Easily one of the best shoot interviews in ages, I suggest a watch.

He confirms that WWE really does hold people down multiple times throughout the interview. He does mention that he isn't sure Bryan's depushing was a work or not so take that as you will.

He also confirms that pretty much everyone in WWE is pissed off at the Network cutting it's pay. The way he quantified it (a "10" becomes a "4") really has me convinced that the WWE Network was one of the worst business decisions Vince has ever made. To kill your pay-per-view business for a product only the most dedicated hardcore fans would get is stupid, especially since it cuts everyone's payrates in the process as well. CM Punk also mentioned he was unhappy about that as well weeks before he left in multiple interviews, which has got me thinking that might be one of the primary reasons why he left.

He also has me convinced that Triple H isn't going to be all that much better than Vince. Ricardo made note that people getting depushed for speaking out is mainly something that only happened when Triple H took over. Before Vince would listen, but now since Triple H has taken over he'll actively punish you for disliking something or speaking out on things. Aka Vince appreciates you if you have balls, Triple H doesn't. This explains a lot actually.

I think there's a discord there with two many cooks spoiling the stew. There needs to be one focus, one ruler to rule them all so to speak. Also a better creative staff cause the one they have right now are full of bumfuck idiots.

How did I twist your words? You said 'we all did things we'd like to forget about 5 years ago,' which is ridiculous. Saying something dumb or offensive isn't the same thing as abusing a pet. That isn't something that should just be forgotten about without a LOT of discussion. If you're saying he was punished for it, you're saying he was involved in it. Otherwise, why would he be punished? For not doing anything? Several other students 'didn't do anything' and weren't punished for it. He clearly had something to do with it, but everyone likes Tozawa so they want to ignore that aspect of it and push it all on one guy just to keep cheering for Tozawa.

Why the fuck does 'bad things always happen in wrestling' a reason to excuse it? We should be happy when shit like this happens, and they get caught. Shit that exposes this. Not go 'oh well it's all shitty so you can't take it out on him!'

And I already apoligized to botaaay, so I have no idea why bronson is dragging that out.

NheUIxp.gif

Has anyone used the Chromecast dongle to stream the Network to their TV? If it works I'll buy one today.

I've just found out we won't be getting an app to download until the 18th November and even then the press release doesn't mention one for PS3 or PS4.

Aiii

So not worth it
Far as I know you can only stream to the Chromecast via Chome Tab Casting, the app doesn't have Chromecast Support (yet, at least).

You can download the PS3 or PS4 App from the US PSN store, and use your account with it np.

Far as I know you can only stream to the Chromecast via Chome Tab Casting, the app doesn't have Chromecast Support (yet, at least).

You can download the PS3 or PS4 App from the US PSN store, and use your account with it np.

I don't want to bother downloading a plug in access US servers and I don't even have a computer anyway. Only a Nexus 7.

So can I stream the Network from my tablet to the TV in a the Chrome browser?

strobogo

Banned
Damn, Big Show was such a blob of crap in 2006. He was ripped in WCW. The fucking big gold belt FIT around his waist.

He was only in good shape for the first 6 months of wrestling or so. He was out of shape in a hurry. He had gained close to 100 pounds by Halloween Havoc 1996. He looked like shit right before he left WCW, too.

Aiii

So not worth it
As someone who damn near loathes generic console FPS games. Fucking play COD man.

If anything, you're getting some decent half-assed acting out of Kevin Spacey from that, while the other has three middle-aged men fake laughing at shitty WWE comedy.

How is this even a question, really?

So can I stream the Network from my tablet to the TV in a the Chrome browser?
Android can stream any app directly to the Chromecast, but its still beta. I've never tried it with WWE, but I guess I will and report back.

EDIT: It might work. The App keeps crashing for me regardless of whether or not I'm casting my Nexus 5's screen to Chromecast, but it only crashes when it tries to play the actual content. The rating doo-doodoo-DOO-doo-doooooooo and the interface casts fine.

strobogo

Banned
Wrasslin dream of the day:

Michael Jordan doing a house show match, teaming with The Nation against DX in Chicago. Faarooq cuts a pre-match promo and MJ makes this face:

ap-nba-finals_003.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Yeah. He didn't realize it because he didn't pay attention to the shows. And then Faarooq cuts one of his "You only cheer white men" promos. And MJ was like "I've made a huge mistake".

He also has me convinced that Triple H isn't going to be all that much better than Vince. Ricardo made note that people getting depushed for speaking out is mainly something that only happened when Triple H took over. Before Vince would listen, but now since Triple H has taken over he'll actively punish you for disliking something or speaking out on things. Aka Vince appreciates you if you have balls, Triple H doesn't. This explains a lot actually.

This definitely makes a lot of sense. Vince would forgive anyone if he saw money in them. The shit he put up with from Warrior is the first thing that comes to mind. Trips probably still doesn't forgive him, but Vince knew Warrior was money so he didn't give a fuck.

I remember a few interviews with guys saying that would have late night calls with Vince, or something to that extent where he would listen to whatever their problems were. May not have given that treatment to everyone but I can see Trips being more vindictive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who damn near loathes generic console FPS games. Fucking play COD man.

If anything, you're getting some decent half-assed acting out of Kevin Spacey from that, while the other has three middle-aged men fake laughing at shitty WWE comedy.

How is this even a question, really?

yeah right. I ain't playin that shit

WWE has released updated information today on the pay-per-views buys for Money in the Bank, SummerSlam and Night of Champions.

Remember, the numbers this year are pay-per-view buys separate from the number of people watching on the WWE Network.

- Money In the Bank 2014 got 99,000 buys, down from 199,000 buys for Battleground 2013

- SummerSlam 2014 got 147,000 buys, down from 296,000 buys for SummerSlam 2013

- Night of Champions 2014 got 48,000 buys, down from 175,000 buys for Night of Champions 2013

That Network putting in dat work ;)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to think the Network would stamp out piracy because really, everyone can grab it and get an hd feed, but apparently there's still poors out there that feel $9.99 is too expensive for their pathetic blood.

I used to think the Network would stamp out piracy because really, everyone can grab it and get an hd feed, but apparently there's still poors out there that feel $9.99 is too expensive for their pathetic blood.

More like 60 dollars for a mediocre product that caters to a crowd too young to have credit cards.

jmdajr

It's not even about that sometimes. It's a matter of pirate principal. Because I can.

Obviously totally disagree with said values.

Heh, I knew someone who was making a lot of money selling hacked Xbox and pirated games. What got him to stop?

Becoming a game developer! That's what it took to convince what he was doing was wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even about that sometimes. It's a matter of pirate principal. Because I can.

Obviously totally disagree with said values.

Heh, I knew someone who was making a lot of money selling hacked Xbox and pirated games. What got him to stop?

Becoming a game developer! That's what it took to convince what he was doing was wrong.

He better keep that secret to the grave...could you imagine how amazing it would be if someone caught Phil Fish selling burned Dreamcast games?

jmdajr

More like 60 dollars for a mediocre product that caters to a crowd too young to have credit cards.

So how were they buying PPVs? Anyway one issues was that the PPV buying pool was simply not big enough and even them some of them are still afraid to cut the cord.

The network is about getting more people.The type of people that didn't ever buy PPVs in the first place.

Do said people have credit cards? Sure..a lot of them do.

What percentage of the WWE fanbase you think is still afraid of the interweb? Might seem silly but I think some folk really are afraid to get rid of their cable.

Or maybe they just have crappy internet connections to stream live PPV on their tvs?

With regards to the “Yes” chant lead by Big Show at last Tuesday’s Smackdown taping, it appears as if WWE pulled a bait and switch as the opening of Smackdown began with the Vince McMahon free Network commercial, and when Vince started chanting “Yes”, it cut to the live crowd chanting Yes as if Vince started the chant. In reality, Big Show was in the ring and broke the news of Daniel Bryan needing another surgery and then he lead the crowd in a Yes chant.

As we reported earlier this week, the chant was also done to be released as a video which will be sent to Bryan as inspiration and to cheer him up.

Though shit like this ain't gonna get you more buys Vince.

Top Bottom