• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
No way does Lucha Underground have the budget of Raw. They film it like a cheaper TNA and add a piss filter to things. Y'all getting worked. That show is made in post. For cheap. Because that network/Robert Rodriguez is all about making shit look flashy for as cheap as possible. And piss filters help.

Buy PWG directly from them at www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com or at www.highspots.com - for SMASH (which I am a big fan of and heartily recommend) you can get all their shows digitally at; http://smash-wrestling.com/product-category/digitaldownloads/ - AAW, AIW and a whole bunch of other indies have digital downloads available at www.smartmarkvideo.com/

Even with its flaws it looks and sounds miles better than ROH.

I'm always going to prioritise the in-ring action, so I'll take the camera crew that can best capture it. Doesn't matter to me if the show's in some dingy shithole or the world's biggest arena, but keep the action well framed and well edited.

bjork

lol if you like anything that isn't New Japan or Jeff Jarrett right now

I like 1992 WWF.

What are the non-union Mexican equivalents to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff?

I was always told Konnan was the mexican Hulk Hogan.

I wonder if we'll get viewership numbers for Impact Wrestling on Destination America.

Maybe it'll be like the sales figures for Uncle Henry's Playhouse, the PC game that sold like 26 copies in the US. "TNA was viewed by 81 people."

Kaladin

We don't have enough FREE subscriptions to watch Survivor Series, how do we drum up some excitement at the last minute?

Smackdown Spoiler:
During the WWE Smackdown episode that will broadcast this Friday on Smackdown, Triple H announces that all the members of Team Cena will be fired if they fail to defeat Team Authority at the Survivor Series this Sunday.

Oh....that's how.

JavyOO7

NXT is pretty good production wise even if it just students manning the ship. All you need now to make NXT from good to perfect creative wise is to give CJ Parker the belt.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=139567846

I thought you were the captain around here?

Fucking liar.
amrrff.gif

WWE and TNA have terrible production.
ROHs is OK, but they miss big dives a lot and commentary is hit or miss.
PWGs is Indy as fuck except for the post production/graphics, which are best in class.
Lucha Underground is amazing.
NJPW has the best production.

somedevil

Here is Destination America's highest viewership for the channel:

So, what does a typical show on "America" draw? The average of the Top 30 shows over a one-week period averaged 100,000 viewers (0.1 percent of the national audience). The channel's top show, "Killing Bigfoot," drew 196,000 viewers (0.2 percent of the national audience).

So TNA might beat a show on how to Kill Bigfoot.

Omega

Banned
Watched the Flair vs Dusty rivalries episode. Flair must have had nuclear heat if they were able to maintain a feud against Dusty for three damn years.

sucks that stuff like that could never happen today.

Nekofrog

Banned
it's sad to see how badly the monday night wars series has been handled

you can tell they're really reaching for stuff to cover now. i mean sure, individual wrestler spotlights is a great idea, but there's literally a truckload of material that they're not covering in a series about "monday night wars" in regards to the monday night wars.

it was 4 years of harsh competition (okay, maybe a little over 2 years of actual competition and 6 months of back and forth followed by a smashing) and the best they can come up with are diva spotlights?

so much missing from this show, to say nothing of the bias as well

Alucard

Banned
Preview of what's on Lucha Underground tonight with super mild spoilers:

In the brand new episode entitled “Thrill of the Hunt,” Konnan cautions Puma to not get involved in the main event between Mundo and Big Ryck and Sexy Star makes a theatrical return as she vows vengeance on Chavo and takes on Ivelisse in the ring.

From wrestlezone.

they didn't save the carnival? :(

*single tear* We were so young, wild, and free then. If only TNA didn't fuck it up only a week or two later.

Also, Lucha Underground is hawwwwt. I hope we get a Sexy Star match tonight. Love her story right now.

a time where I was excited for wrestling... it feels so long ago

somedevil

Well Brock Lesnar is coming and we are going to see him alot in Dec and Jan:

* December 8th in Greenville
* December 15th in Detroit
* December 29th in Washington, DC
* January 12th in New Orleans
* January 19th in Dallas
* January 26th in Hartford

Top Bottom