• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

bjork

It's nuts if you think about it but the main reason why this is is simple.

1. The writing has been awful lately.

2. There's too much wrestling on the shows, and even worse, too much GOOD wrestling.

We'd be better off with two hours of RAW and matches closer in length to those on impact with maybe a big match on RAW every month or so and more feud building skits and the like.

Or jobber matches, since 90% of the roster are horrible thespians.

Heel

The only FnP thing to come from "Lucha Underground"

Sorry friend Heel, no Konnan so far.

YPvFtm7.gif

bjork

They had the right idea with Ryback a few years ago squashing jobbers left right and center.

The jobber match is perfect because it makes the star get all his shit in without ruining another guy on the roster, it keeps the people in the feud from having matches against each other before their big match, and if each guy in a feud has a jobber match, that's two short matches where they can remind you of the feud. It even leaves time for them to talk about Cena.

I'm torn on TNA surviving. It's good to have an alternative with a tv deal, but it's TNA. Horrible matches and storylines with noone that knows how to book a match running the ship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The jobber match is perfect because it makes the star get all his shit in without ruining another guy on the roster, it keeps the people in the feud from having matches against each other before their big match, and if each guy in a feud has a jobber match, that's two short matches where they can remind you of the feud. It even leaves time for them to talk about Cena.

You know what else (brother)? I think keeping Lesnar off tv is also a good old school move. Hogan wasn't on All American Wrestling each week fighting off Kamala, jack. He showed up for the big events.

(It also gives them another nice Bryan was screwed angle if he ever comes back)

bjork

You know what else (brother)? I think keeping Lesnar off tv is also a good old school move. Hogan wasn't on All American Wrestling each week fighting off Kamala, jack. He showed up for the big events.

(It also gives them another nice Bryan was screwed angle if he ever comes back)

He would at least defend on SNME or something, though. Even if it was a throwaway and you knew Haku wasn't going to shoot on Hulk and become the champ, you got a Hulk match and it was just rare enough to be worth watching. The only time I can recall him going a long time without defending was 1993, and that was probably best for everyone at the time.

I don't think your champ needs to fight weekly, or even be on the show weekly. They worked around Hulk when he wasn't there. But having a dude win the belt and then just vanish seems weird. I doubt anyone gets that kind of contract going forward.

Maybe it's a different Del Rio, like when the real Ultimate Warrior died and the other guy took his place.

Top Bottom