• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

ggnoobIGN

Banned
924059_744779868905200_1701833779_n.jpg
I can see her cunt

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nashvember #FACT: Decision was reversed and they should not be officially recognized as champions.
Well yeah, they pinned someone who wasn't in the match and technically wasn't Tag Team Champion that night. But for twenty something hours they were on a Two Man Power Trip.

I hope they totally reboot the company in the move to Destination America, but they will probably just do the dumb move of beginning right back where they left off.

Alucard

Banned
TNA's original run on Spike TV ends with Bobby Roode and Lashley brawling in the ring to a completely bored crowd.

Roode running down the aisle while holding his title looked sooooo dumb and made no sense from a practical perspective.

"There's a brawl! Gimme my belt! Gonna run down to ringside with it and place it on the outside before joining everyone else!"

So weird. Unless I hear good things and it's possible to get it online, I'm likely done with TNA. I'd just be curious to see how the production values look on the new station.

somedevil

Is impact allowed on Spike to announce where they are going because if the don't by December no one will know where they are still going to exist?

Alucard

Banned
I hope they totally reboot the company in the move to Destination America, but they will probably just do the dumb move of beginning right back where they left off.

To be fair, there have actually been some great stretches, matches, and moments in TNA this year.

Btw, anyone else tired of guys using this line in promos? "I'm not here to wrestle tonight. I'm here TO FIGHT!"

Alucard

Banned
Just read the past couple of pages. Sounds like another fun episode of Lucha Underground.

I'd totally buy a season set of LU if it's as tight a package as I think the first season will end up being once it's all said and done.

Did they not announce tonight where they were going? That's pretty bad if they didn't.

No. It's unknown if they didn't have time to add it in, or if they weren't allowed.

We'll probably know because there will have been plenty of time to add it in for the "Best Of" shows that will air. Can't imagine a ton of people watching those though.

Concerning TNA on Destination America, I thought Meltzer offered a good analysis of what to expect:

As best we can tell, the most watched show in the history of the station was an April airing of the show Mountain Monsters, which did an 0.8 rating and 473,000 viewers. The station is in roughly half the homes that has Spike, so given that, if every Spike viewer who gets the station switched over, you’re talking 500,000 viewers, and really it would be significantly less, because it’s so much of a less viewed station so it’s not like every person who watched it on Spike is going to move over.

The exposure for the product would likely be in the same ballpark as ROH and would probably stay ahead of Lucha Underground for now. Lucha Underground in a Saturday afternoon time slot wouldn’t be in prime time like TNA will be, but Unimas has far more viewership than Destination America. TNA would have coverage in more places than ROH, but ROH would be on stronger local stations, including network affiliates, while Destination America is a station with minimal viewership.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair, there have actually been some great stretches, matches, and moments in TNA this year.

Btw, anyone else tired of guys using this line in promos? "I'm not here to wrestle tonight. I'm here TO FIGHT!"

No, but this:

Just read the past couple of pages. Sounds like another fun episode of Lucha Underground.

I'd totally buy a season set of LU if it's as tight a package as I think the first season will end up being once it's all said and done.

is

Yeah KOTR 1996 was pretty great as a SCSA fan. He went at Jake with no regard for his ribs, dude was hyped as fuck. Owen was great with Vince & JR on commentary too, really enjoyed hearing his voice again.

Is it pretty common for videogame companies to post fake reviews giving 10s on metacritic?

User reviews? Yes, extremely common. Especially in the larger studios like Ubisoft.

Yeah KOTR 1996 was pretty great as a SCSA fan. He went at Jake with no regard for his ribs, dude was hyped as fuck. Owen was great with Vince & JR on commentary too, really enjoyed hearing his voice again.

User reviews? Yes, extremely common. Especially in the larger studios like Ubisoft.

Ahh ok, I was looking at all these nonsense 10s that have been flooding the WWE 2k15 metacritic user reviews on PS4.

Ahh ok, I was looking at all these nonsense 10s that have been flooding the WWE 2k15 metacritic user reviews on PS4.

I half expected WWE to force all the 'superstars' to post up reviews on there too (along with the usual NINE NINTY NINE! comment).

Actually, I'm shocked they didn't slap a 'WWE NETWORK ONLY $9.99 NOW!" sticker on the front of every copy. Missed opportunity there Vince.

Fox318

I half expected WWE to force all the 'superstars' to post up reviews on there too (along with the usual NINE NINTY NINE! comment).

Actually, I'm shocked they didn't slap a 'WWE NETWORK ONLY $9.99 NOW!" sticker on the front of every copy. Missed opportunity there Vince.
A free trial included with every copy would have been smart

Top Bottom