• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

FPI9l3D.jpg

TNA finishing on Spike in TNA fashion.

DMczaf

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar has been added to the December 15th RAW in Detroit and the January 26th RAW from Hartford. Here’s the updated list of confirmed Lesnar RAW appearances:

* December 8th in Greenville
* December 15th in Detroit
* December 29th in Washington, DC
* January 12th in New Orleans
* January 19th in Dallas
* January 26th in Hartford

Age of Brock is back on!

More from "Clarifications from Connecticut"
Q: What's the feeling on Jerry Lawler. He hasn't seemed to have given a shit for about 10 years now and given what we hear about Vince's boner for youth it seems odd that this near-65 year old man is treading water every week on TV yet seems untouchable.

A: Can't really release someone like him. Now, not renewing a contract when its up is a different thing - and I think that is very likely. No idea when his contract is up, that would be a Dave question.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince would never release Lawler. He's one of Vince's guys who was with him the entire time. They go back forever, and he'd make sure Lawler will always have a job as long as he wants it. The only time he got released was because of the issues with his ex-wife.

The idea that someone thinks he could ever get fired shows they don't know anything about the history of that company or how Vince Sr. instilled the value of always keeping those who are loyal to you.

Hasney

I wonder if he'd have another position though, since he's pretty much bringing the product down as, by his own admission, he doesn't give a shit.

Omega

Banned
indie botches are the worst. I like indie wrestling, but I don't think I could ever watch it religiously.

first time i ever got introduced to indie wrestling was a botch video. that shit was brutal, and i watched another one a couple of months ago. those shits are NSFL man. I don't know why these guys do stuff that is clearly out of their league/extremely dangerous.

For most people, Borks shooting star press was a bad botch. Compared to those videos that was a successful SSP

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does that matter? You mentioned loyalty. Jim Ross is loyal as fuck to that company.

It matters when you're in management. If a guy is publicly disregarding what you say, and he's your underling, there's always going to be tension there. Vince very likely kept JR around because the locker room liked him. Vince never liked him, and that gave him a reason to get rid of him. Where as even Heyman said that Lawler's pretty much Vince's inner circle and has been that way since the early 90s and possibly the 80s with things like Mr. McMahon in Memphis.

JR is loyal to the company. He is not loyal to the McMahons. He went to the WWF, but it's not as if Vince pursued him or even wanted him. JR was there forever and wasn't even weekly appearance. Pettengill and even Hayes did more interviews than he did backstage while McMahon and Lawler did commentary almost all the way up until the McMahon/Austin feud.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to the Review-a-Wai for Survivor Series 1995. I had no clue that the WWE had a women's match featuring AJPW women like Aja Kong. And it sounds like it was a very good match.

This was also Alundra Blaze's last PPV match. Apparently, they wanted her to face Aja Kong at Royal Rumble '96, but she left 4 weeks after this Survivor Series. Thought that was an interesting factoid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Survivor Series 96 had that HBK vs Sid match where Shawn was booking himself like he was 6'10" when he set up the match. Like dude couldn't play the underdog because he was too busy making sure he looked like he could totally beat Sid one on one.

The more New Generation I watch, the more I realize Shawn was just always shitty. I wouldn't called post-surgery Shawn overrated, but I would DEFINITELY call 'prime' Shawn overrated. No wonder they were losing in the ratings when this guy was supposed to be the big star.

Alucard

Banned
Watching a match involving Tatanka from 1995, and Monsoon calls him "Native American Tatanka" almost every time. Shawn is also on colour commentary, and he says "a whole lot of Indian there" after Tatanka drops an elbow. @_@

Top Bottom