• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

jmdajr

Or maybe they just have crappy internet connections to stream live PPV on their tvs?

Though shit like this ain't gonna get you more buys Vince.

Very possible. I'm stuck with 5mb DSL. Basically we take turns using bandwidth.
Luckily I have unlimited 4G data on my Verizon phone.

Super basic cable and physical media still live in my household. Can't even use on OTA antenna at the apt.

wonder if WWE will even resign brock if network number are still in the toliet. they pay him a lot of money a have ust wasted him with endless cena matches. you know Dana will be offer him the moon to go back to the UFC.

remember when we ally bought borck vs Cesaro could have been a thing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's an immediate hit, but keeping the title and Bork off of TV will pay off in the end. Getting some prestige for that belt back. Lord knows its been dragged through the mud.

It's an immediate hit, but keeping the title and Bork off of TV will pay off in the end. Getting some prestige for that belt back. Lord knows its been dragged through the mud.

31,000 subscribers tho. There is onlyn one challenger for the title , So many fresh match ups for brock and they still force Cena into everything. how is it elevated? title can't be elevated without some type of presence. not even a brock vignette or anything. guy is invisible.

The title is still meaningless i feel, keeping it off TV just exposes how crap the roster is even more. Ziggler and sheamus should be bigger by default. the WWE universe is still status quo even with the title off tv. Rollins has a very expensive paper weight.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nothing in WWE matters anyways, even if Brock elevated the title (not convinced he does), it'll be right back down where it belongs the second it's back on Cena or is put on Reigns.

wonder if WWE will even resign brock if network number are still in the toliet. they pay him a lot of money a have ust wasted him with endless cena matches. you know Dana will be offer him the moon to go back to the UFC.

MZ8Q44I.jpg

Android can stream any app directly to the Chromecast, but its still beta. I've never tried it with WWE, but I guess I will and report back.

EDIT: It might work. The App keeps crashing for me regardless of whether or not I'm casting my Nexus 5's screen to Chromecast, but it only crashes when it tries to play the actual content. The rating doo-doodoo-DOO-doo-doooooooo and the interface casts fine.

You on ART runtime? Exact same thing happens to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have no idea why the Network doesn't have Chromecast functionality yet. Tab streaming is butt anyway

Because, as FE mentioned, it doesn't even run on ART (and therefor on Android 5.0 Lollipop). In fact, aside from updating the logo of the app, I can't even remember if they updated it at all since the launch.

Apparently there's an update coming at the end of December, so maybe they'll add it then, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Because, as FE mentioned, it doesn't even run on ART (and therefor on Android 5.0 Lollipop). In fact, aside from updating the logo of the app, I can't even remember if they updated it at all since the launch.

Apparently there's an update coming at the end of December, so maybe they'll add it then, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Fuck ART! I hate ART! :p

This matter of the WWE Network can be analyzed in a variety of ways but the bottom line is that the WWE core product isn’t ‘hot’ and when a brand isn’t hot it’s difficult to sell spin off products of the brand such as subscribing to their digital network. WWE Creative must do a better job of heating up the WWE TV shows, allow new, fresh, young talents to take on bigger roles and introduced new talents with a systematic plan to bring them in with fanfare and instant credibility. Plus selling the Network primarily because of the price of $9.99 which has essentially become a punch line in a joke and is not a selling point. It’s akin to saying that we have a lunch special for $4.99 but not saying what the special menu item is…. The old, promotes philosophy of giving the audience what they want and they will buy it still is applicable today in any business.”

Good ol' JR

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1579758/ww...-but-what-does-that-mean/#gtzr5U2MTwqSqKFh.99

Fox318

They need to do something about trying to get the adult market and sponsors that left once the UFC got big.

None of those viewers or sponsors can get excited over Cena babyface push #1342

What percentage of the WWE fanbase you think is still afraid of the interweb? Might seem silly but I think some folk really are afraid to get rid of their cable.

A survey they sent out leads me to believe that they think that their customers are so stupid they can't figure out how to stream the network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A survey they sent out leads me to believe that they think that their customers are so stupid they can't figure out how to stream the network.

lots of people legitimately are too stupid, working in tech support once was enough. These people are real and they're the scary-ass majority.

EDIT: cheer up yall
DVBFhm8.png

Fox318

You mean to tell me that mouth breathing inbred wal-mart obese scooter using Cena fans are afraid of technology?

I don't believe it.

Next thing you will tell me that wrestlers will get heat if they are from another country or have a different skin color!!

Oddduck

You mean to tell me that mouth breathing inbred wal-mart obese scooter using Cena fans are afraid of technology?

I don't believe it.

Next thing you will tell me that wrestlers will get heat if they are from another country or have a different skin color!!

To be honest, I'm not surprised that WWE believes this.

A large number of consumers think "WWE Network" is a television network station.

An article on this : http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10035821.shtml

The call center that I work in will typically average at least two to three calls a day where it is someone asking to order the WWE Network, but it is definitely higher on Mondays.

Regardless of which reason, people still think that the WWE Network is something that will be available through their Cable or Satellite provider does show that WWE is just not doing enough to get the point across to their casual, less tech savvy audience. They really need to do something to drive this home to viewers.

I know that now when I do get these calls, and I will take the time to explain to my customer what the WWE Network is and how they can view it, and also offer to get them set up with a good internet connection to use for the Network (again, I'm in Sales, I'm trying to make a living here.) More times than not, the response that I get is they don't want to have to mess with it, and tell me to forget it.

So yeah, WWE is worried that their audience is not tech saavy.

Sephzilla

If WWE's audience is really too stupid to understand how to get the Network working, WWE needs to change how they advertise the network to them. Instead of detailed adds talking about how to get it to work on your PS4 or tablet, all you need to do is have someone say "YOU GET IT THE SAME PLACE YOU GET YOUR NETFLIX" and end it there.

Cagey

Banned
It's called a Network. That's half the problem right there. Networks are associated with television stations, not with online streaming setups.

Fox318

If WWE's audience is really too stupid to understand how to get the Network working, WWE needs to change how they advertise the network to them. Instead of detailed adds talking about how to get it to work on your PS4 or tablet, all you need to do is have someone say "YOU GET IT THE SAME PLACE YOU GET YOUR NETFLIX" and end it there.

Better yet they need to focus on a new audience.

Who wants to buy ads for people who are living of welfare to welfare check spending it on Lebatt Blue?

MC Safety

It's funny people are talking about elevating the WWE title when the champion is a part-timer and missing in action.

I understand what the phrase means to the posters here, but that's not what it means to the WWE. For the WWE "elevating the title" means having a champion that can be marketed outside of wrestling to allow the "sport" to grow and flourish among people who wouldn't necessarily watch.

Under this definition, very few champions have elevated the WWF/WWE title. Hulk Hogan did it definitively. To a lesser extent you can argue that The Rock and Stone Cold did it. And maybe Shawn Michaels and John Cena did it in a very limited measure.

Brock Lesnar has a name, but not the charisma. And he's a mercenary who needs someone to speak for him to bring across any appeal he has.

strobogo

Banned
I forgot I had put a book that has the Torah/New Testament/Quran all together plus commentaries on how they relate to each other on hold. I also have Nixonland and was planning to take a few days off since I just read an 824 page book on the Russian Revolution last week. But I guess I should start it today.

So many words.

A People's Tragedy. It's dope if you're into Russian stuff. Covers from the famine of 1891 to just shortly after Lenin's death.

jmdajr

They should make a pact with Playstation, Xbox, Roku... anyone. And explain it that way.

Watch WWE Network now on Playsation4!

Dumb it down for these...dummies.

Sephzilla

I'd be okay with Ryback being the guy who ends Rusev's streak to be honest.

It means Rusev wouldn't get the burial of burials from Cena

Just out of curiosity, has there been any real possibility of Kurt Angle returning? As in talk or rumour? Or is it all just what everyone desires~?

Top Bottom