• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

rs_500x280-131110202555-5_John_Pooping.jpg

Accidents happen, friend.

iqTqvSLTX8vIf.gif

Fox318

His debut also had him fucking up Vince's match with Austin. Dude threw Austin out of the cell, giving him the win.

He debuted as a bumbling idiot!

This is why you need to have separate titles

• CEO
  • Chief Creative
    • Head Writer for Raw
    • Head Writer for Smackdown

Fox318

Heel Cena incoming?

Hahaha no

"Looks like we need more Cena"

"I see it now. Cena vs a team of Hogan, Sting, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Angle, AJ Lee, and one of the flippy shit guys in the Florida Championship Wrestling HHH runs. Maybe we can finally book Micheal Sam as the ref!!!"

Holy shit Flair vs Steamboat at Clash 6 is such a great grueling match. Just an hour of these two guys putting it all on the line.

Bonus Flair Flop:

flair%20flop.gif

Every match goes like 5-20 minutes now, and putting any two competent people together for over 10 minutes gets easy "this is awesome" chants every time. Y'all with this "attention span" shit aren't paying attention to the current product.

Toki767

Realistically, who could probably go 60 minutes on the roster and make it be interesting at least 90% of the way?

Bryan and Rollins are basically the only ones I could see doing it.

RP912

Banned
Why don't we have 45 - 60 min matches anymore?

because today's audience...well vinces audience can't even embrace a 5 second arm tie up yet alone a 30 minute match without bullshit involved.

Then again shield/wyatts 1 was an good example of a lengthy match that needs to paved way for more lengthy matches.

RP912

Banned
Every match goes like 5-20 minutes now, and putting any two competent people together for over 10 minutes gets easy "this is awesome" chants every time. Y'all with this "attention span" shit aren't paying attention to the current product.

It all depends on the wrestlers though. Would you hear "this is awesome" to a 30 minute Big Show vs Orton match?

Kaladin

Realistically, who could probably go 60 minutes on the roster and make it be interesting at least 90% of the way?

Bryan and Rollins are basically the only ones I could see doing it.

Bryan, Rollins, Cesaro, Cena in a blue moon, I would say Orton but now I don't know, maybe Ambrose, Ziggler has the stamina to do it but I don't think he's ever been given the chance.

Sephzilla

When was the last time Cena had a great match with someone who wasn't a vastly better wrestler than him? Cena gets fucking carried through all of his great matches.

Kaladin

Which doesn't say much about Cena

He's as good as his opponent is, really. I mean put him against a guy like Mark Henry or Big Show and he's going to have a plodding, slow and boring match. Put him against a guy like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk and you'll get a great athletic contest. Cena's matches always rely heavily on his opponents because he has to get his ass handed to him to make that "against all odds" comeback.

Hasney

Eh, Cena's just like Hogan knowing when to put on a good match and when to not bother. It's career prolonging and smart from his point of view.

Sure, I'm not watching the product because of it, but if he's going to be on top anyway, may as well.

Top Bottom