• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

RP912

Banned
Man, even Sheamus gets the chants. All it takes is to put some basic sequences together with a good feel for the timing.

It also takes chemistry as well. Let's say Sheamus wrestled BNB in a iron man match. The match would be amazing because those two have good chemistry. Now a big show vs Mark Henry match that's over 20 minutes wouldn't work since they have shitty matches together.

Most WWF iron man matches are bad anyway.

Rude / steamboat still goat

wwf iron man matches were bad because there's no storytelling at all. The magic about 60 min matches during the 80s was the fact that the wrestlers didn't give a shit about time. They performed their asses off to demostrate the stress, the struggle, and emotions to why this match is longer than 10 minutes. You can tell Flair/Steamboat really hated each other because they painted the picture in the ring....meanwhile Hart/HBK felt more of a "hbk is going to be the champ anyway...might as well try to make the match look good". It became a resthold then special move match.

Cena/Orton iron man match was an example of why the wwe doesn't do that match stipulation anymore :/.

I want All,Japan trips back in the ring

MUgGnBf.jpg

Really hope the rock match doesn't happen. Him,and Cesaro need to,have a match

RP912

Banned
I want All,Japan trips back in the ring

MUgGnBf.jpg

Really hope the rock match doesn't happen. Him,and Cesaro need to,have a match

Technical wrestler trips is too scary to watch.

I'll have nightmares of being a indy wrestlers having to wrestle 5 stages of triple h with the strength of 20 NJPW wrestlers :(.

Hasney

If you put that Goldberg/Hogan match on one of the WWE games, it would just be one long QTE of selling getting hit with Hogans belt, then spear and jackhammer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This describes everyone.
I'm not knocking Cena. He's been one half of two of my favorite matches in recent years, CM Punk vs John Cena, MITB 2011 and Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Extreme Rules 2012. My point is that he's not gonna make people look good and he certainly isn't there to make people look good. Yet if his competitors are good he can work at their pace.

RP912

Banned
That match is only "good" because of the crazy crowd. That definitely wasn't anywhere near great.

If that's the case...majority of Hogan's matches wouldn't have been great *which is true*. Let's face facts, Hogan wrestling a real match with Goldberg would have been Brock Lesnar having a MMA match with Bobby Heenan. It's not going to have a good outcome. The crowd saved that match from being a Hogan jerk fest.

strobogo

Banned
If that's the case...majority of Hogan's matches wouldn't have been great *which is true*. Let's face facts, Hogan wrestling a real match with Goldberg would have been Brock Lesnar having a MMA match with Bobby Heenan. It's not going to have a good outcome. The crowd saved that match from being a Hogan jerk fest.

Of course most of Hogan's matches aren't great. Who would even argue that? He had a lot of good matches before 1991, and a handful of good ones over the next 20 years.

Hasney

Man I don't know what Hogan was thinking on giving that shit away for free.

When I think about it, it actually made sense. They were in Atlanta and like Stro said, the crowd was the best thing about the match. You wouldn't have gotten that as much at Halloween Havoc.

Then you've got the fact that any PPV revenue that WCW made wasn't actually accredited to WCW's bottom line according to Bischoff, that was always given to another division within Turner.

It should have had a least a week of build, but other than that, I can't fault them.

Best Online Experience
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Dark Souls II
Destiny
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Titanfall​

Best Sports/Racing Game
Fifa '15

Best Action/Adventure
Alien: Isolation

Best Remaster
Grand Theft Auto V
Pokémon: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
The Last of Us: Remastered
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition​

Developer of the Year

Ubisoft Montreal​

Absolutely baffled by these. The best Online Experience Nomination makes me wonder what the hell else came out this year if that's the 'BEST'. FIFA as the best sports game... it was shite.

Classing Alien as an Action/Adventure?!

The fact there's even a 'Best Remastered' field wtf.

strobogo

Banned
Absolutely baffled by these. The best Online Experience Nomination makes me wonder what the hell else came out this year if that's the 'BEST'. FIFA as the best sports game... it was shite.

Classing Alien as an Action/Adventure?!

The fact there's even a 'Best Remastered' field wtf.

Alien Isolation can suck my dick. Looks great. Even plays fine. Great atmosphere and really captures the feel of Alien more than any game before. But it is boring as shit, cheap as shit, and often will straight just fuck you over by having the xeno or a droid pop up OUTTA NOWHERE and kill you, so FUCK YOU if you didn't save, because it will send you back 45 minutes over something completely out of your control.

"Gotta great idea for an Alien game. You open doors!"

Fox318

When I think about it, it actually made sense. They were in Atlanta and like Stro said, the crowd was the best thing about the match. You wouldn't have gotten that as much at Halloween Havoc.

Then you've got the fact that any PPV revenue that WCW made wasn't actually accredited to WCW's bottom line according to Bischoff, that was always given to another division within Turner.

It should have had a least a week of build, but other than that, I can't fault them.

The could have re-booked the Georgia dome and filled every seat. WrestleMania XXVII had an reported attendence of over 71,000. (But Vince always promoted fake numbers. Biggest example is WrestleMania III)

I remember when I was younger that that was the one match I remember hearing people talking about WCW over WWF.

Alien Isolation can suck my dick. Looks great. Even plays fine. Great atmosphere and really captures the feel of Alien more than any game before. But it is boring as shit, cheap as shit, and often will straight just fuck you over by having the xeno or a droid pop up OUTTA NOWHERE and kill you, so FUCK YOU if you didn't save, because it will send you back 45 minutes over something completely out of your control.

"Gotta great idea for an Alien game. You open doors!"

Did you pay money for this game, Strobogo?

strobogo

Banned
Oh. For some reason I had you pegged as a video game pirate. You fit the profile to a T.

I don't play enough games to even bother with pirating, friend. If I can't get it from the library or Redbox, I just don't play it. Unless Gamefly gives me a promotion to come back to them.

hitme

Just saw this week's episode of NXT..

It keeps getting better and better.
dat Neville/Zayn recap promo

OH, and...
Steen's vignette aired. HYPE.

I don't play enough games to even bother with pirating, friend. If I can't get it from the library or Redbox, I just don't play it. Unless Gamefly gives me a promotion to come back to them.

It's something I'm very passionate about. This user summed up my feelings and actions towards game pirates perfectly:

If he was my friend I would just constantly flame him for being a scumbag thief and bring it up in casual conversation when you're around groups of friends.

example 1: You and the pirate guy just chillin
Pirate: "Oh man this new game is so cool, check it out"
You: "Yea, it is cool. Glad I paid for mine like an honest person. How does it feel to be scumbag thief?"

example 2: You and pirate and group of friends
Pirate: "Oh man, isn't it fun to socialize with friends in a casual setting?"
Friend #1: "Oh yea"
Friend #2: "Friends are great"
Friend #3: "Glad we know people we can trust"
You: "Did you guys know this pirate steals video games all the time? Watch your wallets"

example 3: Phone conversation
Pirate: "Want to come over and hang out?"
You: "Have you stopped stealing shit all the time?"

strobogo

Banned
Brother friend Bean, what would the great Jesus The Christ say about a poor person stealing a bible when they couldn't afford to buy one?

Kaladin

Related - this is why I hate how everyone looks at the hard camera now instead of walking around the ring looking at the audience. Because half the time the wrestlers aren't even looking at a majority of the crowd

That's okay because most of the audience is waving at the hard camera and isn't paying attention to the wrestlers in the ring.

Fox318

Related - this is why I hate how everyone looks at the hard camera now instead of walking around the ring looking at the audience. Because half the time the wrestlers aren't even looking at a majority of the crowd

I miss the good ol' days when Scott Hall would ignore the hard camera for every spot.

Top Bottom