• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
That sounds like something Mad Man Pondo would do.

Is everyone excited for the WrassleGAF Yearly Awards? Hell yeah!
I can't wait for this!

Edit: New page!
c0JBkYP.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW bans the Jackknife Powerbomb because it's too dangerous. JJ, isn't that like... a heel thing to do?

Duggan vs Meng. I want to skip this match because it'll be awful, but I want to watch it in hopes Duggan pisses of Meng and Meng kicks his fucking head in. MENG WINS! FUCK YOU DUGGAN YOUR WIN/NOT LOSE STREAK BULLSHIT AINT HAPPENING IN WCW HAHAHA FUCK YOU

A local CA fed with no TV and a local Chicago fed with no TV. Might as well call Inspire Pro Wrestling, the tattered remains of OVW, or JAPW the number 2 wrestling fed in the country then.

what are you talking about? the post that I quoted was just saying that outside of Japan, only NXT, LU, and ROH are worth watching. I was pointing out other feds.

Ithil

So it looks like NXT has a new heel stable.

Shoot Nation

As you might guess, all of them are former amateur wrestlers. Chad Gable, the guy on the mic, competed in the 2012 Olympics and is apparently a total natural in the ring, even though he's been in wrestling less than a year.
Their best bet for a new Kurt Angle perhaps.

MrNelson

Banned
As you might guess, all of them are former amateur wrestlers. Chad Gable, the guy on the mic, competed in the 2012 Olympics and is apparently a total natural in the ring, even though he's been in wrestling less than a year.
Their best bet for a new Kurt Angle perhaps.
He was great when he performed at the last house show I was at, he even went for the ankle lock and everyone marked out.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished Pentagon Jr. Vs. Fenix. Goddamn. That was really exciting and entertaining. They went all-out for 7-8 minutes. Even with 3-4 spots that felt a bit too scripted, it was really damn good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nashvember Fact of the Day: While he knows he can't last as long in the ring as Bret Hart he knows that doesn't matter. He isn't paid to wrestle by the hour.

Alucard

Banned
Holy fuck at Drago's pinning combination on King Cuerno. Please tell me someone giffed that. Never seen that move in my life. Lucha Underground is so damn good right now. Ep.4 has been spectacular.

He's lost some weight

h6hqFTN.jpg

Can't unsee Punk as blurred Keanu Reeves.

Sami is friggin gold on the mic.

I just finished reading Dan Ryckert's book about the curtain call.

KgWASR7.gif

It's probably not for someone who subs to the Observer. It's probably a good starting point from somebody who wants to know a little bit more about the wrassles. I don't know, I'm a fan of Dan's work, but I never read his books :/

DMczaf

So I posted about Meltzer not saying anything about the ratings while Cena is the face of the main storyline going on, and of course today he goes "Well...if you look.....if you look at past weeks, uh....historically this is normal."

Alucard

Banned
Really liked the taste of Mundo vs. Big Ryck in LU's main event this week. And that final table break was hawt. Never seen a table split that cleanly before.

Goddamn. Lucha Underground episode 4 was fantastic. The first 3 eps were great, too, but this one felt like the show running in full swing.

Lucha Underground is the most exciting, interesting, engaging, and unique pro wrestling show out there right now. It's not even close.

Hypest NXT main event yet. They're going to deliver.

Does anyone have a gif of the finishing sequence in the King Cuerno match from Lucha this week?

Holy fuck at Drago's pinning combination on King Cuerno. Please tell me someone giffed that. Never seen that move in my life. Lucha Underground is so damn good right now. Ep.4 has been spectacular.
Yes! I just saw this, and now I want a gif. Super impressive.

Sabucin

Sami Zayn promo and then when he challenged Neville to a last match was amazinly good. When he was signed by the WWE I never thought that he could be so good without his mask, this guy was born to be a superstar.
Plus, Faith no More t-shirt <3

I really like what they've done to set up Sami and Nevil. Nevil's never really been heel and simply done everything he took to win whilst showing genuine regret over Sami wanting to quit if he loses the match. Then you have Sami who's put himself in a loser leaves town position but can logically stay with the company no matter what the result is, if he loses he can snap with a heel turn and go back on his word if he feels Adrian takes advantage of him again.

It's such a stark contrast to the Survivor Series main event on RAW where there's no cause or logic for the losing power/fired stipulation of the main event beyond crazy old Vince and there's going to be no meaningful changes if the faces do lose anyway as they all have to stay in the company.

DMczaf

I really like what they've done to set up Sami and Nevil. Nevil's never really been heel and simply done everything he took to win whilst showing genuine regret over Sami wanting to quit if he loses the match. Then you have Sami who's put himself in a loser leaves town position but can logically stay with the company no matter what the result is, if he loses he can snap with a heel turn and go back on his word if he feels Adrian takes advantage of him again.

It's such a stark contrast to the Survivor Series main event on RAW where there's no cause or logic for the losing power/fired stipulation of the main event beyond crazy old Vince and there's going to be no meaningful changes if the faces do lose anyway as they all have to stay in the company.

Triple-H_smiling_muscle.gif

Vylash

c0JBkYP.png

Hypest NXT main event yet. They're going to deliver.

Does anyone have a gif of the finishing sequence in the King Cuerno match from Lucha this week?

Yes! I just saw this, and now I want a gif. Super impressive.

LeafyHomelyIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Ithil

We need more Super Rollups that look like they finish matches. Hirooki Goto has a super rollup he does sometimes with all this leg locking and whatnot that wins matches.

Beats the unbelievably lazy school boy pin. "Oh he has the tights" ah fuck off, this isn't 1960.

Wednesday's episode of TNA Impact Wrestling on Spike TV, the last first-run Impact episode that Spike will air, drew 980,000 viewers and a 0.83 rating.

The Best Of show ratings on Spike will be irrelevant since they probably expect them to do badly, and they will do badly.

Now it's going to have half the potential viewership on Destination America, which is a channel often on a higher-paid tier. Tough times ahead.

Alucard

Banned
We need more Super Rollups that look like they finish matches. Hirooki Goto has a super rollup he does sometimes with all this leg locking and whatnot that wins matches.

Beats the unbelievably lazy school boy pin. "Oh he has the tights" ah fuck off, this isn't 1960.

Agreed. That leg grab at the end made me bite my lower lip. "Dat rollup."

Vee_One

Sunny's bannings are the wrasslegaf equivalent of our lord and savior Sina being fired but then showing up the next night on Raw.

#bestforbusiness

Alucard

Banned
Wrote a review of Lucha Underground S01 Ep04. Wesker, I stole some of your gifs. Hope you don't mind. Do you make them, or do you get them from elsewhere? Anyways, here's the review:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/lucha-underground-lowdown-s01-ep04-high-octane-action-bell-to-bell
FenixCorkscrew.gif

Conclusion: What a show. I enjoyed the first three episodes of Lucha Underground, but this was the first one that felt like the show was in full stride. There are so many moving parts, and the best part is that they all feel connected in some way. Puma is connected to Mundo is connected to Cueto is connected to Konnan is connected to Fenix, Pentagon, and Drago. And that&#8217;s just a small piece of the puzzle. When you add in Sexy Star and her connection to Chavo Guerrero, as well as what I hope will be a budding feud with Ivelisse, you&#8217;ve got a compelling television show where everything feels relevant and can&#8217;t-miss.

The action in this episode was spectacular. Simply spectacular. If you watched this and didn&#8217;t get up for at least the Fenix and Pentagon match, you&#8217;ve either watched too much wrestling, or Lucha Underground just isn&#8217;t for you. After four great episodes, I can definitely say it&#8217;s for me. I can&#8217;t wait to see what they do next week. Lucha Underground is hands down the most interesting, exciting, refreshing, and action-packed wrestling show on North American television. It&#8217;s the alternative that fans have been clamoring for, and episode four was a major high point in its young history.

That whole match was highly entertaining, even if 2 or 3 spots were telegraphed way too much. Hopefully they can work on making all the spots look more organic.

The speed of King in the ring was great to watch. Really impressed.

NXT was forgettable filler this week for the most part after the awesome episode last week, but that main event promo was GREAT.

I don't know if i'm ready for it, but i'm interested in what a heel Sami could be, despite how much of a mark i am for that guy as a babyface

ibcmeUu7NH9HW6.gif

God damn it pal, I'm back.

I've been gone ten days. A little more than a week. A little more than how long that good-for-nothing CM Punk "left" WWE with the title, and I come back to all sorts of trouble. We have our November OT, still injured by the travesty that was Mr. Pepsi City's October OT, limping along to HALF the ratings we deserve. No offense to Plywood - it's a good OT - but the blame falls squarely on the WWE and our community for losing so many people. I was one of them. Let me dispense a few truths that you need to know that I learned.

1. We are being watched. It's true. I got the boot from something that happened here, in our Safe Place. No Place To Hide. While we may sneer at the people on gaming-side for legitimate reasons, someone out there simply does not like us, so stay vigilant.
2. Omerta lives. We take care of our own business. We must depend on each other and lean on each other and keep our community from eating itself.
i7Yb1z3WZXrlJ.gif

That's god damn right. I'd like to propose to the board that I make the December OT. I will fill it with all of the year-end WrassleGAF Fun and Playfulness we all expect. We will be doing the end-of-the-year voting in many different categories, same as we did last year, and I promise - I SWEAR to all of you I will not be banned when it's time to unveil the results. It will be a cavalcade of Stars - one may even call it -OUR- Starrcade. It will be special, it will be fun, it will be playful, but most importantly, it'll be OUR THING. This thing of ours, this community is special and I want to see us continue our long-standing tradition of being the best community on GAF, and we can do it.
iTgpPPy1TRdI3.gif

I'm glad to be back, and I hope you are too.

Now let me shoot here for a minute. I will be naming names, and yes, this is a shoot.

You all have done a good job keeping the thread up to date with news, and there were many times I wanted to post something in response but couldn't - that's a testament to how strong and compelling our community's content is. Everything from Wrasslin' with Religion from Stro to simplythebest's weird youtube links to Boots' updating of NJPW events, bean breath's valuable contributions, Data West's ruminations on Buff Bagwell and much more, we are a community with a lot to offer wrasslin' fans, god damn it. I want to thank you all for trying to pilot the U.S.S. WrassleGAF.

I fully expect an OT for Larry the Cable Guy on Raw this Monday and to be heckled for it. DM wanted to be the captain, so I'll see how that topic goes. There are too many great members of WrassleGAF to name them all, and there will always be people who are left out of any kind of speech, but I want to thank each and every one of you for making WrassleGAF a place I genuinely WANT to be a part of.

iT0tJblOYuW9W.gif

Now let's have some fun god damn it! WrassleGAF sounds like an old peoples' disease or something!

3k4OrxU.png

So salty right now that I missed out on a nWo sighting last week at a local trading convention. Even Bischoff was there..

Fffff.. My buddy got some signings from Hall, Nash and Pac

NXT was forgettable filler this week for the most part after the awesome episode last week, but that main event promo was GREAT.

I don't know if i'm ready for it, but i'm interested in what a heel Sami could be, despite how much of a mark i am for that guy as a babyface

I feel that his promo was top tier. The guy knows how to act, both on the mic, and in the ring. He's just so fun to watch. Even his little dance entrance is just awesome.

TheWesker...

ibcmeUu7NH9HW6.gif

God damn it pal, I'm back.

I've been gone ten days. A little more than a week. A little more than how long that good-for-nothing CM Punk "left" WWE with the title, and I come back to all sorts of trouble. We have our November OT, still injured by the travesty that was Mr. Pepsi City's October OT, limping along to HALF the ratings we deserve. No offense to Plywood - it's a good OT - but the blame falls squarely on the WWE and our community for losing so many people. I was one of them. Let me dispense a few truths that you need to know that I learned.

1. We are being watched. It's true. I got the boot from something that happened here, in our Safe Place. No Place To Hide. While we may sneer at the people on gaming-side for legitimate reasons, someone out there simply does not like us, so stay vigilant.
2. Omerta lives. We take care of our own business. We must depend on each other and lean on each other and keep our community from eating itself.
i7Yb1z3WZXrlJ.gif

That's god damn right. I'd like to propose to the board that I make the December OT. I will fill it with all of the year-end WrassleGAF Fun and Playfulness we all expect. We will be doing the end-of-the-year voting in many different categories, same as we did last year, and I promise - I SWEAR to all of you I will not be banned when it's time to unveil the results. It will be a cavalcade of Stars - one may even call it -OUR- Starrcade. It will be special, it will be fun, it will be playful, but most importantly, it'll be OUR THING. This thing of ours, this community is special and I want to see us continue our long-standing tradition of being the best community on GAF, and we can do it.
iTgpPPy1TRdI3.gif

I'm glad to be back, and I hope you are too.

Now let me shoot here for a minute. I will be naming names, and yes, this is a shoot.

You all have done a good job keeping the thread up to date with news, and there were many times I wanted to post something in response but couldn't - that's a testament to how strong and compelling our community's content is. Everything from Wrasslin' with Religion from Stro to simplythebest's weird youtube links to Boots' updating of NJPW events, bean breath's valuable contributions, Data West's ruminations on Buff Bagwell and much more, we are a community with a lot to offer wrasslin' fans, god damn it. I want to thank you all for trying to pilot the U.S.S. WrassleGAF.

I fully expect an OT for Larry the Cable Guy on Raw this Monday and to be heckled for it. DM wanted to be the captain, so I'll see how that topic goes. There are too many great members of WrassleGAF to name them all, and there will always be people who are left out of any kind of speech, but I want to thank each and every one of you for making WrassleGAF a place I genuinely WANT to be a part of.

iT0tJblOYuW9W.gif

Now let's have some fun god damn it! WrassleGAF sounds like an old peoples' disease or something!

ilBrskRf5A65Y.gif

strobogo

Banned
If someone wants to buy me a ticket to Raw, I'll go and make a live review out of it and try to record videos to get gifs and stuff. I forgot it was in Indy.

strobogo

Banned
How much is it to go to a Raw taping? Does the ticket come with NoDoz?

Bankers Life website says from $20 and up, but you can't buy online right now for some reason. I can find them for $40-50 else where. I'd bite if it was $20, which would end up around $32 after Ticketmaster charges I think. But now I'll only go if someone buys me a ticket and then I'll do the first Legitshook review of a live show.

Top Bottom