• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Thank god. All the gifs on that last page were killing me.

lol are you on 100ppp? some of those need to be a bit optimized

TfGJPMd.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nashvember Fact of the Day: When he moved over to the company "Where the Big Boys Play" He didn't come there to play.

The crazy thing is that one gif (maybe the Konnan one too) is perfect, you can post it 10 times in a row and it doesn't slow down at all. The gif lords look down favorably on Dario.

Bankers Life website says from $20 and up, but you can't buy online right now for some reason. I can find them for $40-50 else where. I'd bite if it was $20, which would end up around $32 after Ticketmaster charges I think. But now I'll only go if someone buys me a ticket and then I'll do the first Legitshook review of a live show.

$20 would be alright.

Even if it was free would you be stoked to be there? Seems like a drag having to be rowdy for 3+ hours unless they are handing out free bananas or something.

strobogo

Banned
$20 would be alright.

Even if it was free would you be stoked to be there? Seems like a drag having to be rowdy for 3+ hours unless they are handing out free bananas or something.

Definitely not. Raw is a pretty miserable experience live. There is so much down time, everything gets replayed on TV also gets replayed live, you are forced to watch the same 2-3 promos/advertisements on the screens during breaks when there isn't a match going on, camera men rushing to get into position ruin all surprises, and the show is usually about 4 hours if you come for dark matches/Superstars and stay for the post show dark match.

Hasney

Fuck me, I've got some difficult purchasing decisions to make next month.

Got Christmas presents to get and train tickets to buy for home for Christmas (three fucking figures). Pretty sure I'm going to get a New 3DS from Australia then sell my old one, so it should come to about £80, which isn't bad.

Then I've got the seasonal partying and drunkeness, as is tradition which will run me a nice little bill, so I'm going to get one new game... Now I have to decide between GTA, Dragon Age, Smash, Diablo 3 possibly, PES 2015 and Fantasy Life. Bugger.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Bayley :(, hope she starts stompin a mud hole soon.

Vaudevillians heel intro, still dope.

lol at the crowd counting for Corbin. Getting the Goldburg treatment.

Definitely not. Raw is a pretty miserable experience live. There is so much down time, everything gets replayed on TV also gets replayed live, you are forced to watch the same 2-3 promos/advertisements on the screens during breaks when there isn't a match going on, camera men rushing to get into position ruin all surprises, and the show is usually about 4 hours if you come for dark matches/Superstars and stay for the post show dark match.

Hmm well in that case for your own sanity maybe turn up for the opening, spend the actual taping time drinking at the bar and then go back once the Raw bullshit is over for a possibly good final dark match.
Are dark matches basically training matches or are they actually awesome to watch?

In any case that's the only stuff you can't review off the TV. Maybe see how many plants you can uncover.

Alucard

Banned
I can confirm Stro's feelings on watching Raw live. I went to the Montreal show where Bret was confronted by Sandow doing his cosplay shtick. One of the most boring and tedious wrestling shows I'd ever been to.

bjork

Watching Raw live was the best. I got to be about four rows down from some special needs guy who yelled MAY NINETEENTH the entire show, even when Kane wasn't out there. This was in June or July iirc, mind you. Then I got to see like... cena and hbk vs spirit squad? Not the best, I take that back.

Watching a house show at a minor league baseball field was the best.

Also, I thought I was making the December thread, but my OP fits any month, really.

Alucard

Banned
Oh yeah, Survivor Series is this Sunday. What matches are confirmed?

Team Cena vs. Team Authority
Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose

?

Alucard

Banned
I think there's a tag team macth.

There is a Diva title match as well.

Oh yeah. Blah blah blah WWE is awful. Blah blah blah typical cynical smark comments.

I can't even be bothered to properly complain about this shit anymore. I'll just say their matchups and stories are just plain tired and boring. Or just really fucking bad. (anything with AJ and Paige)

Btw, 2014 is going to be the worst financial year in the WWE's history. Losses ahoy due to Network costs. Hope they can turn it around and that someone can right this massive ship.

Fox318

Oh yeah. Blah blah blah WWE is awful. Blah blah blah typical cynical smark comments.

I can't even be bothered to properly complain about this shit anymore. I'll just say their matchups and stories are just plain tired and boring. Or just really fucking bad. (anything with AJ and Paige)

Btw, 2014 is going to be the worst financial year in the WWE's history. Losses ahoy due to Network costs. Hope they can turn it around and that someone can right this massive ship.
time to bring back the xfl

Carnby

Open letter to CM Punk, from Ben Weasel.

Okay gang, CM Punk's been running his mouth again and it's time to teach him a lesson. Who's CM Punk, you ask (along with the rest of the world)? Some washed up, burnt-out, has-been former wrestler who's been reduced to hanging out on Twitter challenging guys half his size to fist fights, that's who. I wish I was joking.
Yours truly was targeted by the big goof when he saw a YouTube video purportedly showing me hitting two women while on stage in Austin TX a few years ago. In fact I was hugging those ladies with my fists, not that it's any of his business. But the slobbering nitwit still challenged me to a fight, I guess so women will feel like he's a really great guy.

Well, guess what? I don't believe our female fans are delicate flowers in need of the protection of some oily mouth-breather who runs around in his underwear pretending to fight other men for a living. I think you ladies can hold your own. Heck, I KNOW you can.

So I'm challenging all our female fans – including all our M-F transgender fans – to stand up with us on stage at our show in Chicago on 11/22 and challenge the big goon to a fight. He thinks it's so easy to slug a chick? Let's see him try!

This is not a joke. If you're up to the challenge and can throw a solid punch, or even just kick a gym-muscled bully in his shriveled-up, steroid-ravaged nuts, post in this thread. Our road manager Kotton will contact you if we can use your help. Let's shut this buffoon's mouth once and for all!

Fox318

Oh yeah, Survivor Series is this Sunday. What matches are confirmed?

Team Cena vs. Team Authority
Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose

?

Diva title match
Diva Survivor Series Match
4 team tag title match

Is Rose vs Bunny still a preshow match?

They should do Bunny vs Gobbledy Gooker

Top Bottom