• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
Late entrant:

ibw8U8lnOlvXvb.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shocked that CM Punk only got 19% of the vote for the Observer Hall of Fame. The only new modern era candidates that went in this year were the Rock and Roll Express. Lesnar was 13 votes away.

I'm surprised he got that much. He really didn't leave much of a legacy, and his last year was a dud of the highest degree, which is a shame.

Sunny, have you considered hosting a WrassleGAF fan art contest?

MS Paint Contest - Your favorite wrestling moments?

Did you notice that simplythebest stopped posting when Sunny came back? Makes you wonder…

oh shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2014 has been a banner year for jiffs, this is true. Which one is the best? I dunno.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm surprised he got that much. He really didn't leave much of a legacy, and his last year was a dud of the highest degree, which is a shame.

His last two great matches were against...John Cena and Brock Lesnar, which he was no doubt carried to.

TxSCGDP.gif

Too bad I think this was 2013.

bjork

That Taz gif randomly made me remember that ECW TV where Franchise flashed his dick to the crowd and they chanted "little dick" at him. So great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean really - this thread goes on about CM Punk like there's no tomorrow, but he never had a good, consistent period of time, which is a shame.

Everything pre-MitB isn't HoF worthy, which is a shame but true - even though I liked Punk a lot during SES, that's...no.

MitB was white hot, then Kevin Nash appeared. Then we worked around to a year-long title reign that was absolutely squandered and unfortunate. A great match with Taker at Mania, a good match with Lesnar, and...there's not much else, really. It's a damn shame, because with some more time and hard work he could have been there, and could be HoF material. But now? Nah, no way.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I mean really - this thread goes on about CM Punk like there's no tomorrow, but he never had a good, consistent period of time, which is a shame.

Everything pre-MitB isn't HoF worthy, which is a shame but true - even though I liked Punk a lot during SES, that's...no.

MitB was white hot, then Kevin Nash appeared. Then we worked around to a year-long title reign that was absolutely squandered and unfortunate. A great match with Taker at Mania, a good match with Lesnar, and...there's not much else, really. It's a damn shame, because with some more time and hard work he could have been there, and could be HoF material. But now? Nah, no way.
Punk is the perfect example of how WWE can take Gold and turn it into crap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In my mind, some of the best jiffs o'er the year:

RKO from space, because it was very creative
R-Truth scooting, this one is probably my favorite
Konnan and Kumar nodding, just based on the crossover appeal - it fits anywhere

There's some others, but those three are very wonderful.

Is that the girl a WrassleGAFFER took to RAW for their first date?

No she was a few more rows back

bjork

WHY don't they do shit like this on WWE Network? I would love to hear Rock, Austin, and Vince do something like this for their WM17 match.

I would love for them to have an entire run of Raws from Screwjob-forward that are just Vince on commentary. Plenty of "1-2-3 HE GOT HIM"s and complimenting himself when he's in segments.

I might argue that he has the best job in the entire company.

strobogo

Banned
That Taz gif randomly made me remember that ECW TV where Franchise flashed his dick to the crowd and they chanted "little dick" at him. So great.

Well, they weren't wrong. You can see his junk pretty often and it is little. He's certainly no Scorpio, who's dong was so huge it was bulging out of over sized mid 90s dress pants.

There is no fun and playfulness in your soul. Only cheap Canadian whisky.

I'm trying to dry out. I haven't had any whiskey for a couple of weeks and no booze at all in about a week. So FU, friend.

Looks like someone synced stone colds commentary over his match with Bret Hart

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...restlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport

I know, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that but the audio mix makes this incomprehensible. Austin is really soft spoken in most parts and McMahon and Lawler are yelling at the top of their lungs and it's impossible to understand what Austin is saying. Raising the volume doesn't help, obviously. I think you'd be better off listening to his commentary with headphones and watching the stream from a separate source though syncing would be an issue.

jred2k

I know, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that but the audio mix makes this incomprehensible. Austin is really soft spoken in most parts and McMahon and Lawler are yelling at the top of their lungs and it's impossible to understand what Austin is saying. Raising the volume doesn't help, obviously. I think you'd be better off listening to his commentary with headphones and watching the stream from a separate source though syncing would be an issue.

He reads off what the timestamp is when he starts his commentary. It should be easy to get within 1-2 seconds of accuracy. You have to watch it on the WWE Network that way, but that's okay because I know you're subscribed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Monday Night War about the Divas and Women's wrestling. Madusa got a lot of deserved respect. She was real as fuck when you didn't expect her to be. Seriously a badass and could hang with so much Japanese talent.

And yeah I think Marlena was my favorte of the Attitude-era "divas". She was definitely better than Sunny.

Zach

Watched the Monday Night War about the Divas and Women's wrestling. Madusa got a lot of deserved respect. She was real as fuck when you didn't expect her to be. Seriously a badass and could hang with so much Japanese talent.

And yeah I think Marlena was my favorte of the Attitude-era "divas". She was definitely better than Sunny.

I think Madusa/Alundra Blayze should've been given more to work with. I really feel she could've helped elevate women's wrestling in her day.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck looooooool at that Seth gif.

Also, Mudusa sucked. Sucked as Madusa the first time, sucked as Alundra Blayze, sucked as Madusa the second time.

somedevil

Lucha Underground Viewership Update:

Wednesday's Lucha Underground television show produced roughly 16,000 viewers for El Rey Network, which is down from 17,000 viewers the previous week. Of the 16,000 viewers, only 5,000 viewers fall into the 18-49 demographic.

The show reached 29,000 on its 2nd episode. On El Ray its seems an older demographic watches it. Hope its doing better on unimas.

bjork

Were you on drugs while you were away?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Sunny is one of the better actresses of that era. She'd sometimes flub lines but she was able to put real feeling into her line delivery She's a million times better than Sable..

Sephzilla

Too bad Marlena was utterly useless and served as nothing but eye candy for people who were creeped out by OG Golddust.

Sunny > Sable > Marlena

Top Bottom