• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Cagey

Banned
Meltzer alluded that Punk may be interested in going to Bellator. So help me.

Brock-1.gif

Well, at least it crosses off something on his bucket list?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny is one of the better actresses of that era. She'd sometimes flub lines but she was able to put real feeling into her line delivery She's a million times better than Sable..

For sure. Even Sable wasn't THAT bad at the start. She somehow got worse.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE GRIIIIIIND? ugh

Meltzer alluded that Punk may be interested in going to Bellator. So help me.

I hope so! I know everyone would tune in and would love to see him get slapped around just for novelty's sake.

YALL TRIED THAT WITH DAVE BATISTA BUT HE'S UNDEFEATED

BARELY

strobogo

Banned
Oh my god. Punk trying to be a real MMA fighter would be amazing. 100% guaranteed he'd do it just to get a way bigger check from Vince later on.

Thorakai

Brock vs. Punk in an MMA match would be money, not for the competitive aspect, but the sheer entertainment of seeing Punk being flung around.

somedevil

The network isn't on many tvs in the us.

The show is suppose to help grow the network like Destination America thinks with Impact. Right now though Lucha Underground the english version hasn't so far.

The Unimas Version though is doing a lot better:

On UniMas, the third airing last Saturday, November 15 drew about 192,000 viewers, up from 170,000 viewers on Nov. 8 and 186,000 viewers for the first episode.

Also, Lucha en Espanol drew 168,000 a18-49 viewers, up from 124,000 and 128,000 the previous two weeks.

Platinum - £105 includes

Entry into the event
1 picture with Ric in front of the green screen printed out presented back to you on the evening.
1 signed item of your choosing.
1 free 9x6 photo of Ric presented to you upon arrival
1 food voucher to be used on the evening
1 additional signed item opportunity at additional cost
Front section reserved seats for the interview and Q and A
A chance to ask the legend a question in the Q and A

Someone needs money.

Fox318

John Cena should do an MMA fight.

Cain Velasquez isn't busy right?

You could even line the ring with make a wish kids as they watch the fight.

Fox318

The show is suppose to help grow the network like Destination America thinks with Impact. Right now though Lucha Underground the english version hasn't so far.

The Unimas Version though is doing a lot better:

If they can get Del Rio on the show is going to do gangbusters.

Especially since WWE is run by high level executives who like to make racist jokes.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Is there supposed to be anything worth checking out on Smackdown tonight? Didn't regret watching that fun 3-way last week.
– The Dean Ambrose's "Survival Kit" segment

– Cesaro vs. Erick Rowan

– Ryback & Big Show vs. Seth Rollins & Kane

– Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler

– AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella

– The Miz & Damien Mizdow vs. Los Matadores

card is alrighy. Very intrigued by Rusev vs Dolph and Cesar vs Rowan

somedevil

Is there supposed to be anything worth checking out on Smackdown tonight? Didn't regret watching that fun 3-way last week.

Well another forum with wrestling topics who saw the show early said the show was good. Another good Bray and Ambrose segment on Smackdown and the build for the survivor series was good as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished watching The Substitute for the first time.

Tom Berenger is all the TMF.

I love the Substitute series. It's a guilty pleasure. The sequel with Treat Williams is alright too. Love that first one though.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I think we should have an annual WrassleGAF FnP Awards.

-FnP wrestler of the year
-FnP match of the year
-FnP feud of the year
-FnP promotion of the year
-FnP female wrestler of the year

We could do twitter voting and everything. Because that's FnP.

Striker

MitB was white hot, then Kevin Nash appeared. Then we worked around to a year-long title reign that was absolutely squandered and unfortunate. A great match with Taker at Mania, a good match with Lesnar, and...there's not much else, really. It's a damn shame, because with some more time and hard work he could have been there, and could be HoF material. But now? Nah, no way.
Triple H appeared the next week with Vince in the promo about the execs not liking Vince's work thus far and Triple H took over as the COO. That, along with Punk actually returning, made the angle instantly dull. It fell flat at that moment. They did the rematch with Hunter as Special referee at Summerfest - match was nothing memorable, and Nash intervened that night and Del Rio cashed in (only to have his character taken away the next night by Cena). Remember they did the whole walkout thing and Miz/Truth were sneaking in beating up people. Then they ran through several months of CM Punk kissing up to face H's and wearing his blazer. And some "shoot" promos with Punk and Hunter calling each other by their real names.

God, what a shitty time of wresting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Triple H appeared the next week with Vince in the promo about the execs not liking Vince's work thus far and Triple H took over as the COO. That, along with Punk actually returning, made the angle instantly dull. It fell flat at that moment. They did the rematch with Hunter as Special referee at Summerfest - match was nothing memorable, and Nash intervened that night and Del Rio cashed in (only to have his character taken away the next night by Cena). Remember they did the whole walkout thing and Miz/Truth were sneaking in beating up people. Then they ran through several months of CM Punk kissing up to face H's and wearing his blazer. And some "shoot" promos with Punk and Hunter calling each other by their real names.

God, what a shitty time of wresting.

Yeah. It kicked off a showcase of shit with the WWE Championship as well. Heyman somehow doing Punk no favors. He's kind of been a kiss of death for everyone, save Lesnar.

I mean really - this thread goes on about CM Punk like there's no tomorrow, but he never had a good, consistent period of time, which is a shame.

Everything pre-MitB isn't HoF worthy, which is a shame but true - even though I liked Punk a lot during SES, that's...no.

MitB was white hot, then Kevin Nash appeared. Then we worked around to a year-long title reign that was absolutely squandered and unfortunate. A great match with Taker at Mania, a good match with Lesnar, and...there's not much else, really. It's a damn shame, because with some more time and hard work he could have been there, and could be HoF material. But now? Nah, no way.

Not to mention this guy

mJXXVjq.gif

I love the Substitute series. It's a guilty pleasure. The sequel with Treat Williams is alright too. Love that first one though. And out of all the people in Berenger's Merc Squad to survive...Tuco? Was hoping Ol' Willy Forsythe would make it :(

The movie just kinda ends which I'm not the biggest fan of.
Totally thought he would end up being principal somehow someway.

Top Bottom