• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been watching New Generations RAWs and PPVs and its fun as it goes along to notice all of Hogan's mates start to drift away after he signs with WCW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kevin Greene is definitely in my fave four dudes from other sports who could probably wrestle if they trained list.

4. LT
3. Karl Malone.
2. Kevin Greene
1. Mayweather

The guy really gave his all out there and actually has some entertaining matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
wtf Rodman was the best one

Rodman is awful in the ring. Very entertaining on the ones where he doesn't wrestle though. Malone who only did one PPV looked a hell of a lot better in that match...he wasn't mailing it in.

Mayweather though is the GOAT in this type of role. That match is SOLID.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He plays a weasely heel when he's in the ring. He does exactly what he should do. He is the absolute best of the non-wrestler wrestlers.

I'm surprised WWF/E never tried to snag Alex Wright. Tall, confident in front of large crowds, amazing wrestler, SUPER young, experienced at his age but new enough that WWE could have turned him into a real star and made people forget about the dancing gimmick. All he really needed to do was bulk up some, so he wasn't so lanky.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shark just came out and said he's not a Shark, he's not a fish, and he's not an avalanche. He's a man. A 500 pound man called John Tenta.

I...Is he shooting?

Fox318

This show from 1885 has used more pyro in 20 minutes than WWE in 8 months.

This show has the feel of a fight but the characters from a Cartoon.

So Bizar

Rodman is awful in the ring. Very entertaining on the ones where he doesn't wrestle though. Malone who only did one PPV looked a hell of a lot better in that match...he wasn't mailing it in.

Mayweather though is the GOAT in this type of role. That match is SOLID.
-_-;

Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat Ironman at Beach Blast 1992 should be on the Network, or so I'm told. So watch that.
Rick Rude vs Masahiro Chono
Rude vs Sting for the US title at Clash of the Champions 91

All great choices!

I'd add

Rude vs Steamboat Superbrawl 92
Rude vs Sting Clash of the Champions XVII
Rude vs Ultimate Warrior SummerSlam 90 (might get flamed for that one, still think it's one of Warrior's best matches of all time)
Rude vs Flair Halloween Havoc 93

There's a ton of older stuff out there too from his territory days

Wiki on Sycho Sid said:
World Championship Wrestling (1993)
Eudy, under his Sid Vicious ring name, returned to WCW in May 1993 as a mystery competitor of Col. Robert Parker against Van Hammer at Slamboree. Sid defeated Hammer in a stretcher match. That summer he teamed with Big Van Vader and reignited his feud with Sting. At Fall Brawl, Sting's team (Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes, and The Shockmaster) defeated Sid's team (Sid, Vader, and Harlem Heat) in a WarGames match. At Halloween Havoc, Sid faced Sting in a rematch of the same pay-per-view three years previous, but was beaten via a rollup. The following week on television Sid turned on Rob Parker and became a babyface.

During their United Kingdom tour in Blackburn, Lancashire on October 27, Eudy was involved in a hotel room scuffle with Arn Anderson that resulted in both wrestlers stabbing each other with scissors. Both were rushed to the hospital, as Anderson suffered scissor stab wounds to the chest and stomach. Vicious stabbed Anderson twenty times, while being stabbed four times himself. Sid was released from WCW after several wrestlers threatened to walk out because of him.
Jesus, wtf Sid!
That's messed up.

PWInsider says
Sting
will be at Survivor Series.

He'll be in the front row jumping up and down with a "
Sting
is awesome!!
Sting loves Vince
!!" sign.

Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat Ironman at Beach Blast 1992 should be on the Network, or so I'm told. So watch that.
Rick Rude vs Masahiro Chono
Rude vs Sting for the US title at Clash of the Champions 91
Thanks for these, he got nuclear heat in this NJPW match lol

All great choices!

I'd add

Rude vs Steamboat Superbrawl 92
Rude vs Sting Clash of the Champions XVII
Rude vs Ultimate Warrior SummerSlam 90 (might get flamed for that one, still think it's one of Warrior's best matches of all time)
Rude vs Flair Halloween Havoc 93

There's a ton of older stuff out there too from his territory days
Thanks for the heads up, I'll line em up on the Network to watch today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WCW had awful luck in their foreign tours from 1993 on.

Cactus Jack lost his ear in Germany, Ric Rude ended his in ring career in Japan, Arn and Sid's bloody scissor fight.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=937714

tumblr_n0v1dzScAe1qlilguo5_r1_250.gif

Looks like fun to me.

Bobo, please get rid of that maaaaassive gif. Make it smaller in some way. It's an awesome spot, but I can't see it because my comp just won't load the gif properly.

it was a pretty fun match, if way overboard on the kickouts. I know that's just par for the course for The Young Bucks though. ReDragon is dope, i like them

I actually just started watching the most recent ROH TV episode too
Whoops sorry, totally forgot while multiquoting >_<
it's all good, Wesker made an OT thread anyway

Top Bottom